Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2008/2009

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC, there is nothing wrong with bragging about your past accomplishments! Just as there is nothing wrong with bragging about current accomplishments!

...it totally reminds me of my 5 BC Cup runs of yesteryear...ooops, I'm starting to sound like Nutmegs bragging about my 5 Provincial titles (and one National title

In all honesty Nutmegs could and should be bragging more of late as it was here showing great leadership and being a cagey vetearn in getting the game winner late in a come from behind victory on the weekend! Both SC and Nutmegs have been on very good teams, but ask anyone who plays sports, it is never easy to win a Provincial Cup 5 years in a row. SU has their work cut out for them but what a feat that would be to win it 6 times in a row. Don't get me wrong WS wants revenge from last year's loss in the final and RCIU are a very hungry team and have added some great depth and experience to their line up. So SC you can now go on and brag about your new reffering accomplishments!:D

Six of One

Jan 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
This from last October:
I will say it right now....we will beat your team (SU) when it counts...

and then this the other day:
Captain Shamrock said:
yes, you're right......I've been hovering all year looking for this to happen. Give me a break. With SU always bringing in players for the big games......true isn't it? Sari was in school until December...and Jodi-Ann was away.......sorry. We probably should not have signed them.

Not hovering all year? I'm guessing you've known for a long time that you'd be adding National team players for your Cup run and your "ahh shucks, we're just happy to be here" comments all season have been a total smokescreen. Nevertheless, it's been fun to read them and some good TTP.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This from last October:

and then this the other day:

Not hovering all year? I'm guessing you've known for a long time that you'd be adding National team players for your Cup run and your "ahh shucks, we're just happy to be here" comments all season have been a total smokescreen. Nevertheless, it's been fun to read them and some good TTP.

Six of One,

I will swear to you on my father's grave, I had no idea Sari Raber or Jodi-Ann Robinson would be playing with us at the end of season. Enough said.

Sari's sister's boyfriend is a neighbour of ours and he told me she was finished in December.....I took the initiative and called her and she said yes.

JAR was training at Hugh Boyd with a U-18 Boys Metro team and I saw her......had Sari ask her what she was doing and she signed with us. No big secret. Even without the two Richmond girls, we would be able to give most teams a good go. Now we happen to have two players who of very good quality.

No hiding here. A Richmond team has signed 3 Richmond players over the last lot of months(Natalie Hirayama being the other). Caitlin Davie signed once UBC finished and that was a South Delta Secondary connection.

Anyway, we'll see how we get on this Sunday. We're really happy just to be here. Right, Nutmegs. :)

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain's only done what all of the strong teams have done in the past: Never stopped trying make the team better. Captain wants to win. Good on him. Again, nice to see one of the upstarts actually do something, rather than just moan all the time and lobby the league to make rules aimed at watering things down.

I can tell you this much. Watching RCIU knock off my squad on the weekend has definitely made me want to do whatever I can to make sure we're better next year ... players, staff, different balls, whatever it takes to win the Provincial Cup.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain's only done what all of the strong teams have done in the past: Never stopped trying make the team better. Captain wants to win. Good on him. Again, nice to see one of the upstarts actually do something, rather than just moan all the time and lobby the league to make rules aimed at watering things down.

I can tell you this much. Watching RCIU knock off my squad on the weekend has definitely made me want to do whatever I can to make sure we're better next year ... players, staff, different balls, whatever it takes to win the Provincial Cup.

Good point about the balls.........your game balls last week were practice balls and I'm sure you can EASILY afford game balls with a club your size. I'm fcuking so exciting about this game this weekend and I know our women are excited too. I'd be very surprised if we don't score a goal on the weekend so it all comes down to survinging.........

Hail Hail

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, I have to say I agree with Fat bastard, you have done a great job. Last year SBBA came up to Premier with high expectations after dominating the MWSL selects division for a few years, then came into Premier for one year. They competed at times and lost quite a few close games, had an early exit from provincials and then dropped out of the league. Instead of trying to pick up a few more players and improving on what they had started with they gave up. the list goes on with teams like Semiahoo and others. Even SU when they first came in didn't win anything until I believe their 3rd year in premier. So as strong as Captains team looks this year in winning it all, I for one hope it takes RCIU at least another year or two before they win the big prize!:D

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coquitlam Metro-Ford (then Burnaby Canadians) struggled in year one too - when the powerhouses were the likes of UBC Alumni, Surrey Marlins and Coquitlam Strikers. The next year they added some quality players and had a good Cup run. The next year they won Provincials and Nationals.

If Captain can build on this year, then I think they will stick.

Good luck to everyone on Sunday. Still standing by my picks - Surrey and Richmond. But these should be great games. Whoever wins the final will be terrific.

Regardless of our club affiliation, I think we can all agree match ups like these are good for women's soccer.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good point about the balls.........your game balls last week were practice balls and I'm sure you can EASILY afford game balls with a club your size. I'm fcuking so exciting about this game this weekend and I know our women are excited too. I'd be very surprised if we don't score a goal on the weekend so it all comes down to survinging.........

Hail Hail

WTF was that? :confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A very strange game....as the score completely flattered us. In fact, Gorge scored first as we were having a terrible time with our shape all game. Our Swedish girl scored a couple of minutes after that.....both goals were in the last 5 or 6 minutes of the first half. 1 - 1 at the half and as mentioned, we were not playing well......We played on grass which was a bit of a surprise because we were initially told it was going to be turf.......but both teams had to play on it so no problem.

The second half was a bit better but when it was 2 - 1, their keeper made a mistake which led to our 3rd goal. She was a good goalie but just had that one moment. Once we went up 3 - 1, they had a header go off the underside of the crossbar....and then Gorge just looked tired at that point. We then scored 4 goals in the last 15 minutes when they pushed a few more bodies forward.

JAR with 3, Kelli-Ann McCabe with 2, Dani, and Emily Chu with the all-important 3rd goal. Gorge had some good tough players but I think it was fitness in the end that seemed to help us and hurt them. Having said that, we really did not play a very disciplined game. If play like that defensively against SU, we will be in for a long afternoon. It should be a good final. Hopefully we can keep things close.........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside had a rotten call go against them right after SU went up in overtime. The girl was definitely onside off the deflection.......The game didn't have a lot of flow to it, much like ours. Congrats to SU and to Westside for a great finish to the season. It should be a decent final as long as everyone is available for both teams.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow. That's all I can say. 7-1 in a semi-final against a traditionally good side like Gorge is a statement.

Final will be a classic. A possible changing of the guard? Too soon for predictions at this point. Congrats to both teams. Well deserved.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
as the score completely flattered us.

Well Captain, I have to call BS on you, if I was playing texas hold'em against you! You have have gone on here long enough crying wolf explaining to every one who will listen how you are just happy to be here! You tell us the great story how you were fortunate or coincidental, whatever way you want to believe in picking up some great players for your team! I'm calling you on this, you have a great team and YOU have done a great job for women's Premier soccer in challenging the top teams without crying about it. As for the final don't expect me, or anyone who watches, or is involved with women's premier soccer to believe you guy's are the underdog going into the final! You have done a great job coaching, recruiting, and scouting your oppenants to know what you are going for! As for SU to to take a qoute from CS "they are happy to be in the final". Don't get me wrong here SU will come out to battle, but WS was a war for them today! WS is a great team with alot of classy players who are well coached! The difference IMO today was SU has been there before and not only knows how to win, but makes those extra scarifices to get it done. Trust me there was no celebration after the win today for SU. I heard they were asking for ice after the game but not for drinks, more for their bodies cause they were banged up and bruised! As for the final I predict it will be a dandy!:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well Captain, I have to call BS on you, if I was playing texas hold'em against you! You have have gone on here long enough crying wolf explaining to every one who will listen how you are just happy to be here! You tell us the great story how you were fortunate or coincidental, whatever way you want to believe in picking up some great players for your team! I'm calling you on this, you have a great team and YOU have done a great job for women's Premier soccer in challenging the top teams without crying about it. As for the final don't expect me, or anyone who watches, or is involved with women's premier soccer to believe you guy's are the underdog going into the final! You have done a great job coaching, recruiting, and scouting your oppenants to know what you are going for! As for SU to to take a qoute from CS "they are happy to be in the final". Don't get me wrong here SU will come out to battle, but WS was a war for them today! WS is a great team with alot of classy players who are well coached! The difference IMO today was SU has been there before and not only knows how to win, but makes those extra scarifices to get it done. Trust me there was no celebration after the win today for SU. I heard they were asking for ice after the game but not for drinks, more for their bodies cause they were banged up and bruised! As for the final I predict it will be a dandy!:D

Conductor, there is no BS....if you watched our game you would have seen us score 4 goals in the last 15 minutes......when the other team was tired. I will say this....we played much better last week against Coquitlam and our girls said it was a really 'weird' game because we struggled in many aspects. Obviously finishing our chances wasn't one of the problems, particularly in the last 15 minutes. SU is 5 time defending BC Champions who have players who know how to win. The 'happy to be here' bit is garbage........SU expects to be there because they are the champions - 5 time champions at that. There were banged up bodies but they have two weeks to get healthy. We managed to get out of the game without any injuries which is a bonus.

It was a bruising sort of game against Westside as both teams played very tough. If we play as well as we're capable of in the final, we have a decent chance. If we play like we did today, particularly defensively, it will be a very difficult task beating Surrey United. I know we're going to be glad to get back on turf again. :) That grass seemed to slow things down to much.......

Either way, SU should be very proud of getting to another final......6th in a row. However, we want to end that this year and know we need to outwork SU in order for this to happen. Experience goes a long way in games like this

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are we going to have to spend two weeks listening to Conductor and Captain outdo each other trying to convince us their side is more the underdog than the other?

Bring on the final.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are we going to have to spend two weeks listening to Conductor and Captain outdo each other trying to convince us their side is more the underdog than the other?

Bring on the final.

Not at all, Fat Bastard. Surrey United is obviously the favorites.....they didn't even stick around to watch our game so they're pretty confident I can assume. ;) Why shouldn't they be? They have beaten us all 3 times this year including a 3 - 0 game in cup play when we had Sari in the line-up.........

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cappy you're wrong Bud...some of SU were still lingering...the ones who are afraid to lose their title:eek:...

I wasn't even playing and I got the 'chatter' from some SU players...at the end of the game...

Sorry I couldn't stay for the drinks Nutty and K-Vale...they looked good though. A few are in order on May 9th fo sho!

~SCindahouse:cool:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cappy you're wrong Bud...some of SU were still lingering...the ones who are afraid to lose their title:eek:...

I wasn't even playing and I got the 'chatter' from some SU players...at the end of the game...

Sorry I couldn't stay for the drinks Nutty and K-Vale...they looked good though. A few are in order on May 9th fo sho!

~SCindahouse:cool:

Hence the ;)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0