Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2008/2009

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why couldn't this game be played this weekend? This is ridiculous.

When the senior league's sat down with the BCSA in December to plan out the schedule, there were (understandably) concerns about the weather and so this off-week was built in to the schedule as a make-up week. With the weather having co-operated this month it has the potential of looking like a waste, but had we had poor weather and lost a week of play somewhere, it would have been critical to have this in place.

Trundler

Oct 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard this weekend had no BCs play because of the BCSA's soccer conference on the May 2/3 weekend ... that all the top refs were supposed to be there and unable to ref ...

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard this weekend had no BCs play because of the BCSA's soccer conference on the May 2/3 weekend ... that all the top refs were supposed to be there and unable to ref ...

Purely coincidence...The topic of Soccer Conference never came up when planning the Cup schedules. But, there deffinetly would have been referee's having to make a chioce had games been put out this weekend.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frankly the problem isn't the week between semi-final and final, it's the layoff before BC's starts. With far less teams, cups, etc. to worry about women's could be done long before this.

But we never had this week off before and it worked out fine. With the number of turf fields available now, weather is less of an issue.

Doesn't matter though. One week to go. I have to say this will be the most interesting women's final in a while.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Purely coincidence...The topic of Soccer Conference never came up when planning the Cup schedules. But, there deffinetly would have been referee's having to make a chioce had games been put out this weekend.

Top notch planning indead. No mention of the big conference when working the schedule. Priceless.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Top notch planning indead. No mention of the big conference when working the schedule. Priceless.

For the number of game that we are talking about, it wouldn't have casued a big deal had they gone this weekend. It's ot like there isn't PDL games that some have to do tomorrow... It wasn't a concern.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Cap't, what Whitecaps " stuff "? Our whitecap players haven't said anything about " stuff " going on next week. Whats the deal?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Cap't, what Whitecaps " stuff "? Our whitecap players haven't said anything about " stuff " going on next week. Whats the deal?

Knaacks, I'm not sure........I was under the impression that if they have 'signed' with the Whitecaps, they couldn't play for the club teams?????

That's all.

Having said that, she is technically registered to our team so hopefully it won't be an issue

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitecap women ARE allowed to play Provincial Cup. Whitecaps are not professional, so it doesn't impact their amateur status, and there are no Cup-tie implications. BC Soccer has always ruled that USL amateur soccer (W-League, PDL, Super-Y) does not make players ineligible.

It would be no different than playing PCSL, or MWSL summer soccer.

Unless, of course, they have changed something.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today it was SU defending their 5peat to make it 6 in a row, as they held off RCIU 2-1. The score line credits RCIU but I'm not one to cheapshot on TTP. SU had a goal called back about 15 min in after the lino had signalled the ref that it was a goal. The ref pointed towards the center line indicating a goal as both teams lined up for center, the Ref recanted her origanal call and said it was a free kick for RCIU saying that a SU player had bumped the keeper in the net. Than about 5 min later Nutmegs gets hauled down in the box for what should have been a PK, no call happens though. Ten min after that, off a SU corner kick Nutmegs buries a scramble for the lead. Half time SU 1 RCIU 0. Second half SU comes out strong looking to put the dagger in RCIU, but RCIU holds the fort and applies some pressure. Against the play COCO from SU outtricks 2 RCIU defenders and plays pool off the goal posts as she banks in a goal from the sidelines about 6yards out to put SU up 2-0. RCIU responds with JAR jumping off of her personal trampoling off of a corner to make things interesting with about 15 or so to go. SU had chances against the rush to put it away but couldn't. RCIU late in the game had dangerous free kicks and corner kicks but couldn't convert, as SU does what it does best and that is DEFEND 6 straight BC TITLES! Congrats to both teams and IMO if RCIU sticks together they could be the team that in the future is a BC champ! Classy bunch of ladies and our well coached, aside from the Captain giving everyone the "Shucks we are just happy to be here " approach!;) As for the SU ladies, let's look forward to SIXkatchewan!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Today it was SU defending their 5peat to make it 6 in a row, as they held off RCIU 2-1. The score line credits RCIU but I'm not one to cheapshot on TTP. SU had a goal called back about 15 min in after the lino had signalled the ref that it was a goal. The ref pointed towards the center line indicating a goal as both teams lined up for center, the Ref recanted her origanal call and said it was a free kick for RCIU saying that a SU player had bumped the keeper in the net. Than about 5 min later Nutmegs gets hauled down in the box for what should have been a PK, no call happens though. Ten min after that, off a SU corner kick Nutmegs buries a scramble for the lead. Half time SU 1 RCIU 0. Second half SU comes out strong looking to put the dagger in RCIU, but RCIU holds the fort and applies some pressure. Against the play COCO from SU outtricks 2 RCIU defenders and plays pool off the goal posts as she banks in a goal from the sidelines about 6yards out to put SU up 2-0. RCIU responds with JAR jumping off of her personal trampoling off of a corner to make things interesting with about 15 or so to go. SU had chances against the rush to put it away but couldn't. RCIU late in the game had dangerous free kicks and corner kicks but couldn't convert, as SU does what it does best and that is DEFEND 6 straight BC TITLES! Congrats to both teams and IMO if RCIU sticks together they could be the team that in the future is a BC champ! Classy bunch of ladies and our well coached, aside from the Captain giving everyone the "Shucks we are just happy to be here " approach!;) As for the SU ladies, let's look forward to SIXkatchewan!

Conductor,

I will say one thing. Surrey United deserved to win the game today. It wasn't because of great footballing but SU outworked us for most of the game. The goal was disallowed for an obvious push on the goalie.....Coco was your best player in the second half right behind KVale. We picked a bad time to play a poor game. Part of that was the fact that SU seemed to want it more. We tried several different formations but in the final 3rd, we struggled. Our passing was terrible today. Surrey United are champions for the 6th year in a row for a reason. They know how to win. I did notice several new players playing from the Westside game and that definitely helped them. Nutmegs hauled down in the box? :eek: Sorry, but that is fantasyland stuff, just like Nutmegs dive in front of the 4th official......:D

I'm always straight up with things. SU deserved to win today because they outworked our team. We were more talented probably......but that means nothing when it comes to outworking your opponent. SU were very classy today in the win and I wish them all the best in the Nationals. The coaches there are very keen and deserved the win. Well done. We will win it one day......but not this year as SU deserved it more than we did on today's performance. Go win a National Championship, ladies.

Stephen

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Surrey - hopefully for the last time. I'm getting tired of this. I don't know though - Saskatchewan in October? That sounds more like a consolation prize. ;)

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor,
I'm always straight up with things. SU deserved to win today because they outworked our team. We were more talented probably......but that means nothing when it comes to outworking your opponent. SU were very classy today in the win and I wish them all the best in the Nationals. The coaches there are very keen and deserved the win. Well done. We will win it one day......but not this year as SU deserved it more than we did on today's performance. Go win a National Championship, ladies.

Stephen

Thanks Burnsy... I am very proud of our team today. 6 in a row doesn't happen very often (FYI we are the only team in Canadian club history to do it) so it feels great. Burnsy and RCIU were very classy as well and I can definitely see them challenging for many provincial cups in the future.

Well done SU and RCIU!!

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to give the Captain his due as well. He was able to finish a very trying season, with a great run in the provincials. Not many first year teams can say that! It show that the other clubs that had the chance to play in our league but chose to drop out should have hung in. RCIU had to beat some tough teams at the end of a long season and they did it in style . Congrats to CS and his group for making this a great final. What can you say about SU? Undefeated right to the end ( League, League cup and provincials ) It has been an amazing year. The right group of players and some luck along the way has produced a streak that will become hard to reproduce again in this or any other league. The cup looked good at the afterparty or at least parts of it did LOL. Here's to all the teams from this season and we hope to see you all again next year...CHEERS !!!!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knaacks, I forgot about that. Winning the Provincials is obviously fantastic but going through an entire season without losing a game is remarkable. The big roster definitely pays dividends and that showed yesterday. One question is how do the girls feel who don't play? :confused: I know we had a couple of unhappy campers yesterday at not playing much or getting into the game but as a coach, it seems to be impossible to please everyone.

Nutmegs, you should be proud of your team as it showed just how hard a team must work to win anything. It came down to grit more than talent yesterday and that was evident with most 50/50s, picking up knock downs, and being in the right place at the right time.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0