Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2008/2009

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge will win by a few, probably by at least a field goal maybe even a touchdown, depending on who shows up for NS renegades!

Westside will be sick of the Island, but will cash in on their mileage points and come back on the ferry with another victory!

MOTW is definetly RCIU vs the Heat. The Heat have playoff experience as they are basically still the old Coquitlam with a new team name. I honestly think that RCIU is the team to beat this year in provincials as they are young,fast and hungry! I'm predicting RCIU in a close one, but I wouldn't call this an upset!:eek: There you have it no pressure on you and your team captain!:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge will win by a few, probably by at least a field goal maybe even a touchdown, depending on who shows up for NS renegades!

Westside will be sick of the Island, but will cash in on their mileage points and come back on the ferry with another victory!

MOTW is definetly RCIU vs the Heat. The Heat have playoff experience as they are basically still the old Coquitlam with a new team name. I honestly think that RCIU is the team to beat this year in provincials as they are young,fast and hungry! I'm predicting RCIU in a close one, but I wouldn't call this an upset!:eek: There you have it no pressure on you and your team captain!:D

No pressure at all, Conductor...........just pleased to be here. :D

And if we did win......it WOULD be a big upset.....first year team and all that........

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I Have to agree with Conductor, Club I will shock the Heat. I will also agree with the rest of the predictions so far. SU , Westside , and Gorge to advance. Sorry FB. Just not your year :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford Heat 1 Richmond CIU 2 (OT)

Quite a game out at Charles Best today with both teams having plenty of chances....we had a goal disallowed...honestly no idea why as it went off their defender from our header.....we then get a penalty when our striker was pulled down as the last player.....no card...yellow or red. Heat received a shcoking call on a free-kick inside the 'D' after a handy dive....KJ with a brilliant finish top shelf.

We were the better team in the first 20 minutes of the game keeping lots of possession in their end but they finished the half much stronger playing a very direct ball from the back to Phobe and KJ up front. The second half was pretty even with a couple of chances for both teams but it definitely looked like Coquitlam was running out of gas in the last 20 minutes. Phoebe had one great chance after our defender mistimed a cross but fortunately our left midfielder.....came all the way across the field to block the shot. We then clipped the post on a free-kick. Sadly, the officiating crew wasn't up to the game itself and struggled throughout. We scored about 7 minutes into the first OT when our striker was able to turn the defender and label a shot into the near post top shelf. An absolutely brilliant finish. After that we went 4 - 5 - 1 and they couldn't muster up anything as they had nothing left...or at least it looked that way. IT was a very good battle from both teams but I think on the day we might have slightly edged the play? :confused:

I see Gorge pumped the Renegades so they were obviously missing a lot of key players which must have been disappointing for them.

Congrats to Surrey United and Westside making the other semi-final. It looks like the Island teams are definitely tougher this year?

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Castaways were lucky to have been 2-0 up at the half as they played most of it in their own half. In reality we should have been up 5 or 6 nil. Just snakebit on our finishing. After half time ,as we were controlling most of the play, we managed to pull level. With 30 seconds to go we get a free kick and Nutmegs flicks on a brilliant header for the win. The officials at this game were shocking! Missed 2 blatent handballs in the first half and 1 in the second. Why send a rookie to do a Provincial cup game?? Give us the best availible and there would be no moaning!! Congrats to Captain and the girls from Richmond. I had a feeling that you could show the Heat a different look come provincials. Well deserved from the sounds of it. Looking forward to a fantastic day next weekend as the Semi's come to Cloverdale. Good luck to all and see you on Sunday!!

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh Captain my Captain. You win the game and you still moan about the refs. C'mon mate. :rolleyes:

First off, the better team won. They were only a little bit better, but better nonetheless. And the score reflected the play. It wasn't a masterfully played match by any stretch. Richmond plays fast... very fast. I would have liked to see my Black-and-Blues slow the pace down, but they didn't. The games was a track meet, and pretty direct.

But it was entertaining. :)

Referee crew was fair. I thought she let the women play. And you know what? That doesn't happen enough in women's soccer. With regards to the specific calls, here's what really happened... :p

The disallowed goal: Assistant called it offside. It was a brilliant glancing/diving header from JAR, but another Richmond player was standing backstick all alone. Admittedly, she didn't touch the ball, but I guess the assistant threw the flag up on the initial strike as a cross. Maybe Captain has a beef there.

No card on the PK call: No complaints from me on the call. The Metro-Ford defender did tug at JAR. But the ball was bouncing chest height, JAR was chasing it, not controlling it, and to be quite honest I thought Gademans was going to get there first, anyhow. A good call, but not worthy of a booking.

The free kick call against Richmond: That was a foul. Lots of players dive mate. Even in women's soccer. But not Phebe. She was fighting through your defenders and she got tackled from behind. And she was inside the box. The ref gave you a break there. Although, turned out not to be, with KJ sublime finish. Easily the goal of the day... until later.

I guess Captain's bitterness stems from the fact he had one of his subs sent from the park, seemlingly at the assistant's behest. A little discipline on the bench might be in order.;) I think you're also about to get a first-hand example of BCSA Discipline. Cup discipline gets handled by BCSA. Foul-and-abusive language towards an official is automatic five games. They won't give her five, but I bet she gets three. BCSA likes to play games like that.

But to be honest, moaning about the refs takes away from a very entertaining game, with two absolute moments of sheer brilliance. First, KJ's free kick was fantastic. 18 yards out, over the wall, top corner, an inch clear from the post and the bar. But JAR's winner was even better. Pure international finish. Long range strike, a rocket to the top corner. Nobody was stopping that. Supporters from both sides were applauding it was that good.

Congrats to Captain and Richmond. Full marks for the win. Good on you for going after this and not being afraid of one of the old guard. Nice to see an 'underdog' go out and play. Wish more teams would do that.

As for the semi finals, some good matchups.

Surrey/Westside: Repeat of League Cup final. Surrey wins this time too, but in 90 mins. They play their best when it counts. It counts now. And they're at home.

Richmond/Gorge: This will be interesting. Two very good teams that have never played each other. I am going to take Richmond. They have momentum. And Gorge has to travel.

Richmond-Surrey Provincial Cup Final. That will be interesting.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh Captain my Captain. You win the game and you still moan about the refs. C'mon mate. :rolleyes:

First off, the better team won. They were only a little bit better, but better nonetheless. And the score reflected the play. It wasn't a masterfully played match by any stretch. Richmond plays fast... very fast. I would have liked to see my Black-and-Blues slow the pace down, but they didn't. The games was a track meet, and pretty direct.

But it was entertaining. :)

Referee crew was fair. I thought she let the women play. And you know what? That doesn't happen enough in women's soccer. With regards to the specific calls, here's what really happened... :p

The disallowed goal: Assistant called it offside. It was a brilliant glancing/diving header from JAR, but another Richmond player was standing backstick all alone. Admittedly, she didn't touch the ball, but I guess the assistant threw the flag up on the initial strike as a cross. Maybe Captain has a beef there.

No card on the PK call: No complaints from me on the call. The Metro-Ford defender did tug at JAR. But the ball was bouncing chest height, JAR was chasing it, not controlling it, and to be quite honest I thought Gademans was going to get there first, anyhow. A good call, but not worthy of a booking.

The free kick call against Richmond: That was a foul. Lots of players dive mate. Even in women's soccer. But not Phebe. She was fighting through your defenders and she got tackled from behind. And she was inside the box. The ref gave you a break there. Although, turned out not to be, with KJ sublime finish. Easily the goal of the day... until later.

I guess Captain's bitterness stems from the fact he had one of his subs sent from the park, seemlingly at the assistant's behest. A little discipline on the bench might be in order.;) I think you're also about to get a first-hand example of BCSA Discipline. Cup discipline gets handled by BCSA. Foul-and-abusive language towards an official is automatic five games. They won't give her five, but I bet she gets three. BCSA likes to play games like that.

But to be honest, moaning about the refs takes away from a very entertaining game, with two absolute moments of sheer brilliance. First, KJ's free kick was fantastic. 18 yards out, over the wall, top corner, an inch clear from the post and the bar. But JAR's winner was even better. Pure international finish. Long range strike, a rocket to the top corner. Nobody was stopping that. Supporters from both sides were applauding it was that good.

Congrats to Captain and Richmond. Full marks for the win. Good on you for going after this and not being afraid of one of the old guard. Nice to see an 'underdog' go out and play. Wish more teams would do that.

As for the semi finals, some good matchups.

Surrey/Westside: Repeat of League Cup final. Surrey wins this time too, but in 90 mins. They play their best when it counts. It counts now. And they're at home.

Richmond/Gorge: This will be interesting. Two very good teams that have never played each other. I am going to take Richmond. They have momentum. And Gorge has to travel.

Richmond-Surrey Provincial Cup Final. That will be interesting.

FB, we agree to disagree on the highlighted issues. There was a massive amount of inconsistency on the field....if you think diving is part of the game, that's your choice. I think it is a joke. There is no way that was a foul which happened before KJ's brilliant strike. As you mentioned, I did have a beef with the called off goal because it should have stood. As for the track meet comment, that's exactly what we had to try and do though you have some great pace down the flanks too. As for the non-card to your girl who pulled down JAR?????She was the last player and it honestly, according to the laws, should have been a red card. How there was no card at all was beyond belief. Remember the hand ball in the second half that wasn't called either? I didn't even mention that one....;);)

As for our player, there was no card given to any player and the assistant told me they had no idea who it was. I obviously have no idea because as far as I'm concerned they could have picked the wrong person. In fact, we had two girls right in behind the fence who are from our Selects team. Once again, this was after an absolutely shocking call when JAR was off to the races after being fouled and the ref calling the foul instead of playing the advantage......one that she admitted to making. I heard a lot of people shouting and for good reason but I have no idea who it was. The girl who was sent away claimed it wasn't her.

Your coach is a classy guy and I enjoyed talking to him during the game. I know he wasn't crazy with some of the decisions either but he was a classy guy nonetheless. Thanks for the congrats as our girls battled hard and will have to put a better effort into next weekend. It will be interesting as we know nothing about them and I assume they know little about us....could be in for another track meet. :D

Coquitlam has a lot of very good competitors on their team and I'm sure they will be back next year with an even stronger line-up as their youth programs, just seem to be pumping out good teams after good teams.

CS

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

FB, I actually agree with CS's comments on the officiating, aside from my supposed foul on JAR, and our player diving. Our player was being absolutely manhandled all game long and could have easily been awarded 2-3 pk's if not more. I am covered from head to to in bruises/cuts, but I bet she has twice as many as me:eek:. Guaranteed had she dove a few times the unsure ref would have given her a pk but our player is fair and does not dive, bottom line.....

The officiating might have been even, but she was absolutely appalling for both teams:eek:. Clearly she was in WAY over her head, and had no business reffing a cup game at our level. She was unsure of herself, and made many errors. First off, I am amazed that you were able to see my supposed foul on JAR from the far side of the field:eek:. What actually happened, JAR hauled me down by my jersey, and when I was lying on the ground on my back in a crumpled heap she must have tripped over my leg, torso, head, I am not sure. I don't know what you saw because everybody else (other than CS and the Club I parents who were shouting at everything, including telling our player to get up and off the park after she had been blasted point blank in the face with the ball:eek:) clearly saw that she fouled me and it was not the other way around. The ref could have easily given JAR the foul, or let the play go on all together, but her call was something that even a 5 year old would not do. After she gave them the PK and they scored I told her that I was actually the one who had been fouled. The ref said she "thought she saw me foul her." Nice:rolleyes:. So when I told her that I did not foul her, and how she fouled me and pulled me down to the ground and then tripped over me, the ref once again said she "thought she saw me foul her, and she is sorry but she cannot reverse her decision now." She looked as though she was going to cry. Seriously, can they not choose people who are capable of officiating our games. Normally they give us good refs in Cup games. Why give us a rookie who was being assessed during our game. I can certainly say that both teams would give her a huge F-:eek:.

That being said, the ref was not to blame for our loss. We did not capitalize on our many chances and Club I scored a nice goal. It was a hard fought game by both teams and I think the game could have gone either way. Good luck to the teams in the Semi's. I think Club I could shock some teams, especially with their rookie provincial cup signees:rolleyes:.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB, I actually agree with CS's comments on the officiating, aside from my supposed foul on JAR, and our player diving. Our player was being absolutely manhandled all game long and could have easily been awarded 2-3 pk's if not more. I am covered from head to to in bruises/cuts, but I bet she has twice as many as me:eek:. Guaranteed had she dove a few times the unsure ref would have given her a pk but our player is fair and does not dive, bottom line.....

The officiating might have been even, but she was absolutely appalling for both teams:eek:. Clearly she was in WAY over her head, and had no business reffing a cup game at our level. She was unsure of herself, and made many errors. First off, I am amazed that you were able to see my supposed foul on JAR from the far side of the field:eek:. What actually happened, JAR hauled me down by my jersey, and when I was lying on the ground on my back in a crumpled heap she must have tripped over my leg, torso, head, I am not sure. I don't know what you saw because everybody else (other than CS and the Club I parents who were shouting at everything, including telling our player to get up and off the park after she had been blasted point blank in the face with the ball:eek:) clearly saw that she fouled me and it was not the other way around. The ref could have easily given JAR the foul, or let the play go on all together, but her call was something that even a 5 year old would not do. After she gave them the PK and they scored I told her that I was actually the one who had been fouled. The ref said she "thought she saw me foul her." Nice:rolleyes:. So when I told her that I did not foul her, and how she fouled me and pulled me down to the ground and then tripped over me, the ref once again said she "thought she saw me foul her, and she is sorry but she cannot reverse her decision now." She looked as though she was going to cry. Seriously, can they not choose people who are capable of officiating our games. Normally they give us good refs in Cup games. Why give us a rookie who was being assessed during our game. I can certainly say that both teams would give her a huge F-:eek:.

That being said, the ref was not to blame for our loss. We did not capitalize on our many chances and Club I scored a nice goal. It was a hard fought game by both teams and I think the game could have gone either way. Good luck to the teams in the Semi's. I think Club I could shock some teams, especially with their rookie provincial cup signees:rolleyes:.

You seem kind of bitter, WW, but I can assure you, it was a penalty. FB was right. Jodi-Ann beat you for pace and you grabbed her by the shoulders. It should have been a red card but you got a break. Rookie provincial cup signees? All our latest signings have been Richmond products and that is where our club is based. :confused: Are we not allowed to sign players who live in Richmond who haven't been around town until the last few months? That was some turn on JAR's goal and absolute lazer of a shot. I haven't seen something like that since our Swedish girl (she lives in Richmond for a year) did it earlier in the season). Unfortunately, you didn't get to see the best of her today, as she was playing hurt but did her best nonetheless.

As for our 'parents', when your player was hit in the head, they were yelling to kick the ball out of play immediately. It was a one hell of a shot Phebe took to the side of the head and I'm glad she was able to get up from it. As for the 2 - 3 Pk's you should have had....remember you were in your end defending JAR for most of the game so you were hardly in position to be making that call. ;) Right? Did you also miss the hand ball in the 18 in the first half? Number 16 I believe it was but we do agree on one thing......there was certainly a lot of incosistency on the field.

See you at Nations Cup, WW. :)

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS, maybe I couldn't see what was truly going on on the JAR pk because I was lying on my back on the ground after I'd been pulled down :eek:. I suppose that we can agree to disagree on that issue:). I can honestly say that I feel no guilt after that pk because I did not foul her, and remember, JAR is a very strong/solid girl and I would of had to pull her extremely hard for her to fall. She tripped over me after she pulled me down, and toppled over. I watched her fall when I was already on my back. What is done is done so it is a non-issue now. You guys won and played well....

I was just referring to the players you picked up right before the provincial cup. It is obviously legal but I was just saying that it definitely made your team very different from the last time we played you. You are a far more dangerous team so that is what I was saying. With your new players you should not be considered an underdog at all, and could do quite well. Good luck.

Definitely see you at Nations Cup.:)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS, maybe I couldn't see what was truly going on on the JAR pk because I was lying on my back on the ground after I'd been pulled down :eek:. I suppose that we can agree to disagree on that issue:). I can honestly say that I feel no guilt after that pk because I did not foul her, and remember, JAR is a very strong/solid girl and I would of had to pull her extremely hard for her to fall. She tripped over me after she pulled me down, and toppled over. I watched her fall when I was already on my back. What is done is done so it is a non-issue now. You guys won and played well....

I was just referring to the players you picked up right before the provincial cup. It is obviously legal but I was just saying that it definitely made your team very different from the last time we played you. You are a far more dangerous team so that is what I was saying. With your new players you should not be considered an underdog at all, and could do quite well. Good luck.

Definitely see you at Nations Cup.:)

Thanks, WW. As for the last time we played you, we only had 11 players at that game and were playing with a player in goal. We only had 1 of our available 3 strikers at that game just like your team was depleted for the first time we played you in Richmond. The bottom line is you have a very good team and we had to work very hard to get a result. Yes, we have added players but we had to since we weren't allowed to bring up any of our Selects players for cup games so we were quite fortunate to add the bodies we did. You are a very tough competitor and certainly gave JAR a good battle throughout. It was a penalty by the way. ;) Talk to you soon. :)

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, WW. As for the last time we played you, we only had 11 players at that game and were playing with a player in goal. We only had 1 of our available 3 strikers at that game just like your team was depleted for the first time we played you in Richmond. The bottom line is you have a very good team and we had to work very hard to get a result. Yes, we have added players but we had to since we weren't allowed to bring up any of our Selects players for cup games so we were quite fortunate to add the bodies we did.

First off let me say Congrats CS to you and your team. I knew you'd give Coq a good run.

But you can't honestly admit that adding 2 national team players that have never played for your club is just coincidence. It has definitely made you a different team and one that can make a strong run to the provincial cup - no more "Just happy to be here" quotes from you buddy. All the crap that SU had for our national team players makes me laugh now...

Our game was shocking from our end but we'll take the last second win - a bit of a wake-up call for us and for many of our younger players. But we'll move on to next weekend.

Good luck in the semis to all teams and it should be a good weekend in Cloverdale!! I bet CS is really glad that Surrey volunteered to host the semis so they don't have to head to the Island. ;)

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm going to give Captain a bit of a break here and some advice. Don't apologize for adding a couple of national team players (JAR and Raber) and a very good player in Natalie. They are from Richmond, so all the better.

You should get a pat on the back for going out and recruiting some top players. Rather than bitch and moan that the top teams have all the good players, which has been the rant on here and around the league for the better part of a decade.

There's a reason the top players gravitate to the top teams. You're now part of that group. Assuming you keep those players next year. That's going to be your next test.

But I do agree with Nutmegs. You can't play possum anymore. Best of luck against Gorge. I do hope you guys win that one.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First off let me say Congrats CS to you and your team. I knew you'd give Coq a good run.

But you can't honestly admit that adding 2 national team players that have never played for your club is just coincidence. It has definitely made you a different team and one that can make a strong run to the provincial cup - no more "Just happy to be here" quotes from you buddy. All the crap that SU had for our national team players makes me laugh now...

Our game was shocking from our end but we'll take the last second win - a bit of a wake-up call for us and for many of our younger players. But we'll move on to next weekend.

Good luck in the semis to all teams and it should be a good weekend in Cloverdale!! I bet CS is really glad that Surrey volunteered to host the semis so they don't have to head to the Island. ;)

yes, you're right......I've been hovering all year looking for this to happen. Give me a break. With SU always bringing in players for the big games......true isn't it? :) Sari was in school until December...and Jodi-Ann was away.......sorry. We probably should not have signed them.

By the way, we're just happy to be here.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have a lot to say, but I'm going to keep somewhat quiet...since I'm soooooooo out of the loop.

I have been reffing for 5 seasons now and I believe that I am a very confident referee. My problem is that I have a lot of playing experience in the Premier division and I am very capable of refereeing at the Premier level, but, at this point, as injured as I am I don't feel it's fair for me to ref at the higher level.
Having said all of that, I do believe that I would have been capable of keeping up with the play on Sunday...'yes' maybe my nerves could have gotten in the way (too) in some situations. Chalk it up to experience (playing and refing) but I don't think this ref cut it on Sunday.

FB, it was nice to let the flow of the play go, but there were too many inconsistancies to make up for the poor decisions. There were a lot of mistakes, but the game is over now to harp on any officiating. I look forward to seeing some more experienced referees in the final two games...
(Anyhow, for now, the Divs 1 and below are stuck with me reffing in their divisions:p)

As the tension builds around the RCIU camp...it totally reminds me of my 5 BC Cup runs of yesteryear...ooops, I'm starting to sound like Nutmegs bragging about my 5 Provincial titles (and one National title):wa::eek:

~SC...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0