Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2008/2009

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
An e-mail has just been sent out to the MWSL teams.........

If SU wins the cup, then Metro Ford Heat is the second seed. If Westside wins the Cup, SU is the second seed and Metro Ford 3rd seed, who travels to the Island two weeks in a row. I'm sure SU would like to avoid playing the Heat until the final.........SO, what does that mean for the game on Sunday? I'll be out watching as long as the weather is nice.

SU loses against Westside, they get to play either RCIU/City Slickers who they have beaten handily all season and then face the Renegades(beaten handily) or Gorge, who they beat to win the Provincials last year or if they win, they must face the Coquitlam Heat in the semi-finals, if all goes to plan?

I think I know what route they might choose to go...........

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond CIU 8 Coquitlam City Slickers 0

It was as bad as the score shows. We have a lot of offensive weapons with everyone there. Coquitlam Heat will be a much tougher opponent obviously but I hope their back line is ready for a track meet.......because we're going to be throwing one at them. :)

WTF?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond CIU 8 Coquitlam City Slickers 0

It was as bad as the score shows. We have a lot of offensive weapons with everyone there. Coquitlam Heat will be a much tougher opponent obviously but I hope their back line is ready for a track meet.......because we're going to be throwing one at them. :)

Six different scorers..........one scoring 3 goals.

It was the first time this season we've had our full squad and it was exciting to see some of the football being played. Obviously, it will be a completely different task facing a very good Heat team but I think we'll be able to give them a good game.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, where all your players legit today? Wouldn't want to see you lose a smack down that you gave today cause of some weak protest? Good luck in two weeks against the real Coquitlam representative! BTW I'm picking you guy's by 2 goals in that one!:D

Was it SLittle with the hat trick for you guys? I heard she has been lighting it up in indoor!:eek:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, where all your players legit today? Wouldn't want to see you lose a smack down that you gave today cause of some weak protest? Good luck in two weeks against the real Coquitlam representative! BTW I'm picking you guy's by 2 goals in that one!:D

Was it SLittle with the hat trick for you guys? I heard she has been lighting it up in indoor!:eek:

No, SLittle was doing a good job solidifying things at the back. Jodi-Ann R obinson with the hat-trick, Caitlin Davie, Natalie Hirayama, Emily Chu, Kelli McCabe, and Shannon McDonald with the singles. We will have our hands full with the other Coquitlam team......but you have to beat the best at some point, so we may as well give it a go. :)

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
nicely done Captain! Just as I was saying, you may be the dark horse in all this. Congrats and good luck next round!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, Knaacks. Coquitlam had a lot of bodies there but they really seemed to struggle to keep up with the pace of the game. They battled right to the end though.

We're really looking forward to the next challenge and hopefully everyone will be available.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
OK. At least two first round scores that were all too lopsided. Can BCSA finally admit that this competition is four teams too large now.

Congrats to the teams that won this weekend.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB, I suppose the games have to be played at this stage and all 3 games were obviously very one-sided. How did the other game go? Was there another game today? :confused:

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No news on the NS Selects/Castaways game on the Island.
Why does the women's bracket take sooooooo long to be updated? The mens side was updated pretty regularly over the weekend.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why does the women's bracket take sooooooo long to be updated? The mens side was updated pretty regularly over the weekend.

Where do you even find the womens' bracket, FB? I can't find it anywhere and our MWSL site has NOTHING with the Provincials in it?

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Heard from the Westside girls (who were on the same ferry as NS Selects) that Castaways won 2-1. Not sure of the source, but according to one Westside player, a NS girl said that NS deserved to lose 8-0 - what kinda of player would say that about her own team?

Anyways, congrats to Westside, Richmond and NS Renegades on the win. The blowouts solidify my argument that the tournament should be reduced to only 8 teams which would make it much more competitive (as we should have some great QF games in two weeks).

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll go for it......

SU to win

Gorgo to win (if the Renegades are missing all the players they're supposed to)

Westside to win

Heat/RCIU - never predict on our team........but we should be able to keep things close.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My turn...

Surrey will win easily.

Gorge will win. I'll even go so far as to say they win regardless of what Renegades show up with. Although if NS is missing as many as they say, this could be quite ugly.

Westside will win.

Obviously I'm going to pick us to beat RCIU. But it won't be easy. This one will be the match of the week, no question. Hope we get a big crowd for this one.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0