Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's 2011 Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard SU over Coquitlam 6-0... is top-end talent really that sparse in the local women's game?

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard SU over Coquitlam 6-0... is top-end talent really that sparse in the local women's game?

Regs,

SU are a quality bunch. Very well organized and play some nice football. I coach our Westside girls and we battled to a 3-1 on the island. Another tough game against North Shore in the semis and if we push through that, we more than likely will meet Surrey.

I'll answer your above post more then;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SU are obviously much better than everyone else.......beating Coquitlam 6-0 is very impressive. Problem really is that there just aren't enough competitive teams around..........:(

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Problem really is that there just aren't enough competitive teams around..........

Captain Shamrock, I recall a very good Richmond team a few years back that was also well coached. It seems that after losing a close Provincial final to SU, they dropped off the face of the earth. I still am unsure why they dropped out of the league, but why didn't they stick together and try to continue competing?? SU is by far the class of the Province for Women's soccer and will continue unless other teams try to stick together for a few years and build something!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain Shamrock, I recall a very good Richmond team a few years back that was also well coached. It seems that after losing a close Provincial final to SU, they dropped off the face of the earth. I still am unsure why they dropped out of the league, but why didn't they stick together and try to continue competing?? SU is by far the class of the Province for Women's soccer and will continue unless other teams try to stick together for a few years and build something!!

Conductor, we had a good year the following year.......Let's just say that I refused to put another poor team into the league for this past season. I had no less than 7 UBC players joining us as of the Nations Cup but found out afterwards(start of August) that these players were not allowed to play club soccer after their season. We had our swedish girl go back to Sweden, another player go to Med School and wasn't sure how much she could commit at the start, three other starters who went to college and therefore were not available until November. There was one LONG term injury and the girl was instructed to take at least a year off. The league asked if we would put our Selects team up(which I coached) and I said that would not be fair to anyone involved. I asked the league for a year to get a team together and the league granted this. Not that I didn't need to explain this to you but if you're going to be a bit of a prick about it, I figured I would share the reasons why. There were THREE players available at the start of the season and we never had less than a core of 10..........We are on the hunt for players right now and we should have a competitive team ready to play again. I was told we have to have a game against a current team but that team said they wouldn't be able after their season was over so I'm not exactly sure where this leaves us. West Van and TSS have applied to put teams into the Womens Premier League which will make it a much more competitive league right away.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kvales Quad-monsters 1 - 0 final

8 in a row, wow. Congratulations.

Again.

:knvb:

Surrey were all over us in the first half. Gutted that the shot/cross, deflected by our defender over our keeper's head won it for them. Changed our formation in the 2nd half and thought we done really well. A couple of great chances and a freekick off the bar. Surrey, in the end, were deserving winners but were glad when the final whistle went as they were done.......from their own mouths. Hope the lass that went down late is sorted.

To those that say that there is no competition for Surrey United women out there. You're wrong.

Congrats to Surrey. Cheers.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dunno DB...

The difference is WS has very good women soccer players who play like women, SU has very good women soccer players who mostly play like men.

From what I saw, it really was no contest. An unfortunate goal, but there was a reason the MVP of the game was the WS keeper.
Does Canucks vs Nashville in game 1 ring a bell? Pekka Rinne in the pipes for WS.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Surrey who are setting records each year in both women and mens soccer for each Provincial they now win. Due to work wasn't able to make the game but what a run to win 8 BC's in a row no matter who the competition is!! Well done on WS to keep it close as talking to a few people later in the day, they all reacted the same way! In saying that everyone I spoke with were expecting SU to win but were shocked to here that it was only 1-0. Congrats to all those involved with SU and good luck in La Belle Province and bring back the Gold!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to SU!

As already mentioned by others, quite a run - but you need to close the deal in Quebec! No more silver or bronze medals :mad:

thrillerds

Jul 30, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to SU!

As already mentioned by others, quite a run - but you need to close the deal in Quebec! No more silver or bronze medals :mad:

Sorry to bring bad news but it won't be gold for SU at Nationals. No way they get past Edmonton Victoria out of Alberta again this year.Too deep, Edmonton Victoria's defence should send chills down your spine. Keep your heads up "girls"
:) Alberta Major Soccer LeagueAlberta Major Soccer League

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
You could also start a Women's Nationals thread and post this stuff there if you want slugger.

thrillerds

Jul 30, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
You could also start a Women's Nationals thread and post this stuff there if you want slugger.
No need, I am sure the SU players and the "legends" that coach them already know they won't get past a blue collar Edmonton team again, but by all means let's rejoice SU's 1-8 championship record at Nationals "choke".

You are a big fish in a small pond ladies, with all the resourses and year round weather advantage. But yes great job on beating up the local talent with ringers again! Now let's see you coach against equal or better talent. "Legend"

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No need, I am sure the SU players and the "legends" that coach them already know they won't get past a blue collar Edmonton team again, but by all means let's rejoice SU's 1-8 championship record at Nationals "choke".

You are a big fish in a small pond ladies, with all the resourses and year round weather advantage. But yes great job on beating up the local talent with ringers again! Now let's see you coach against equal or better talent. "Legend"

Awesome stuff thrillerds. As an Edmonton native myself, I know exactly where you are coming from! Also the reason I am here and not there. It took a few years for me to get rid of my inferiority complex too.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this guy possibly related to Larsson???? What is it with people from Alberta? How many times have they won their province in a row?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0