Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's 2011 Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRFC

Jan 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
ha, what a clown ths bergamascho character is. What the matter mate, you cant take a few tough tackles? Your saying because its womens soccer that they shouldnt be allowed to put a foot in and get stuck into their opponents? I saw them play north shore in a league game a week before they were to play the same team in the cup final. They battered them like 7/8-1, and to be honest, it could have been a rugby score. And on that day they were no senseless tackles, to be honest i think there were like 4 fouls the whole game. Even when north shore got chippy because they were getting their asses handed to them and they tried to grab players and dish it out, so i guess it goes both ways eh?

Don Taylor

Mar 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
ha, what a clown ths bergamascho character is. What the matter mate, you cant take a few tough tackles? Your saying because its womens soccer that they shouldnt be allowed to put a foot in and get stuck into their opponents? I saw them play north shore in a league game a week before they were to play the same team in the cup final. They battered them like 7/8-1, and to be honest, it could have been a rugby score. And on that day they were no senseless tackles, to be honest i think there were like 4 fouls the whole game. Even when north shore got chippy because they were getting their asses handed to them and they tried to grab players and dish it out, so i guess it goes both ways eh?

meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I forgot why I stayed away from the women's thread, you've refreshed my memory. Thank you and good night. :rolleyes:

BRFC

Jan 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
You made yourself clear pal, you should probably sit down,grab a glass of water and pop some advil. I do feel bad for the player who got injured and wish her a speedy recovery. But you honestly think players go out to deliberatley injure other players, or maybe it was just unlucky and wasn't done on purpose. I hope your stress levels can now return to normal, hope you are feeling ok.

BRFC

Jan 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I,ve heard from my inside sources that the tackle wasnt the greatest, so i do wish your friend a speedy recovery. But would still say that players dont go out to injure other players. But back to subject, i dont think any team in BC, maybe in Canada can match surrey's strength, skill, athleticism. And if they dont make it 8 then it will be a MASSIVE upset.

BRFC

Jan 18, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh and bergamascho, before you start abusing certain players, you should probably check with you sources that it was the right player. Maybe check you sources before being suck a pikey.

katiethorlakson

Apr 8, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I normally would never even go on this website, but when the transgendered monster comment was thrown out there I had no choice. I will probably get rid of this account as soon as this is posted.
First off, you've got the wrong player on the tackles. I would hope that my skill would outshine my tackling ability any day. And maybe that skilled forward you speak about up front is in fact the same player you speak so fondly about as a transgendered monster. ha. so funny to repeat that. Get your facts straight before you sit behind a computer and hate on a 26 year old woman and speak so negatively about someone you clearly don't even know. I would love to meet you in person and have a laugh (at you) and your obvious lack of intelligence, attention to detail and class. Maybe think before you hit send next time :)

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I normally would never even go on this website, but when the transgendered monster comment was thrown out there I had no choice. I will probably get rid of this account as soon as this is posted.
First off, you've got the wrong player on the tackles. I would hope that my skill would outshine my tackling ability any day. And maybe that skilled forward you speak about up front is in fact the same player you speak so fondly about as a transgendered monster. ha. so funny to repeat that. Get your facts straight before you sit behind a computer and hate on a 26 year old woman and speak so negatively about someone you clearly don't even know. I would love to meet you in person and have a laugh (at you) and your obvious lack of intelligence, attention to detail and class. Maybe think before you hit send next time :)

Well said

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money

I apologise, my mistake Miss Thorlaksen. I was posting while upset and that isn't a good thing. I retract the comments. Good luck in Provincials and I think we can all agree, Nationals.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I apologise, my mistake Miss Thorlaksen. I was posting while upset and that isn't a good thing. I retract the comments. Good luck in Provincials and I think we can all agree, Nationals.

I think that apology needs to be extended to the entire SU women's team (as well as kvale's quadriceps :p) for the fact that you called us all "transgendered monsters".

I've been thinking of saying something since Berg first posted his ill-advised rant and initially laughed it off but as I thought more about it, I got pretty wound up as I don't think there is an even comparable insult to men as calling a high-level female athlete a "transgendered monster"...Most, if not all, of the women on "Surrey Goonited" (and in the MWSL in general) have played university varsity soccer where they trained 5-7 days a week while taking a full course university load and some have even represented Canada internationally at World Cups, Olympics, Commenwealth Games, etc. We are proud female athletes who have probably played at levels that Berg and his div 2 buddies can only dream of (even if it is only women's soccer)...we are not just "WAGS" looking for a nice run-around with the girls on a Sunday while our husbands and boyfriends play the "real" games.

Surrey United has proudly represented BC at Nationals for the past 7 years and I think if you asked any team, official or organizer at each of those events, they would say we did it with class, respect for our opponents and a true appreciation of the game.

As kt stated, maybe think before you hit send when you are making such blatantly misogynistic remarks about women. I have been a proud member of TTP for probably about 10-12 years (I even have a long-sleeve shirt saying TTP staff) and despite all the many "hot bird" threads and comments made on here, you are the first to actually offend me...congrats on that.

Yours truly,
#18 Surrey United - team captain of the Transgendered Monsters

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Transgendered Monsters? I don't need to go on here and defend any of them. They are a pretty confident bunch. But Berg you are wrong on so many levels on this one. I love watching this team play especially since I am coaching girls now. As long as I see the possible end product as I see with this team, I know the approach I am taking with my girls is correct. If this includes an occasional borderline tackle, even better. Competitive players are always pushing the limits.

Also, they all clean up quite nice and we are quite lucky to have them hang around the clubhouse.

"Miss Thorlakson"? I like that. I will use that. The only good thing that came out of your post Berg. Good on you for apologizing.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to agree with both Nutmegs and Ballbaby here. I know this is take the piss and who knows if that was Berg maybe trying to do that. But having watched SU women many times over the years this team really is a classy bunch. They are a group who are dedicated to winning and playing at a high level. Which for some of us can happen maybe for a year or two. But Goonited has done this for 10 straight years and in the meantime won 7 straight BC's. Nutmegs is right for almost all of us still playing the game, we can only dream of that. Heck I know, I would be pretty damn happy if my team could win 7 games in a row! The other thing we fail to bring up is that there core has been there for the most part the whole time. Having coached women's soccer before, this is very rare as most of the time over let's say a 5 year period you lose players to mat leave, marriage or whatever the case is. SU has a top class organization that starts at the top! As all the staff there go that extra mile in helping out! Let's hope SU can continus to break records and win an 8th straight Provincial title. As for Ballbaby comment
Also, they all clean up quite nice and we are quite lucky to have them hang around the clubhouse.

They all know how to have a good time, and most of them like the post game bevvies, some more than others. Isn't that right MB,RH,TN, oh and let's not forget BW!! lol Good luck ladies!!

Don Taylor

Mar 14, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Geez Berg wtf have u done?

U need to go home and watch "The Ladies Man" starring Tim Meadows

A trip to THAILAND may be in order for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0