Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What's for Lunch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Give er a go.

I tried the McDonalds Chicken Flat bread thing today and it’s really quite good. Not the artery clogger I’d thought it would be. :)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: worst? most?

Originally posted by Peter
Memphis Blues on Broadway just east of Granville. Whoooaa! I had a bbq poutine (nothing like MacDonalds') and a rib end sandwich with slaw and bbq beans on the side washed down by a coke. Highly recommended.

I can't believe I just found out about this place a few weeks ago. I've been twice again already....off the charts. The portions are huge - all the pork, ribs and chicken are slow-roasted and smothered in some dope Southern BBQ sauce. They've also make some sweeeeeet cornbread and the smokehouse chili is awesome. Soul food at its finest. I'm gonna be fat, real soon.

I guess the only negative is the hour-long lineup that forms right around 6:30pm. It's a good spot for lunch, though. You can be in and out of there in 25 minutes, and spend the rest of the afternoon in the latrines trying to sort the inevitable gut-rot out.

It's totally worth it, though.
-Pigsei.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm glad you posted the address for Memphis Blues- I've heard its mouth watering. I'm definitely going to check that out!

I need help...I'm on the hunt for the perfect Montreal Style Smoked Corned Beef Sandwich. I used to go to Togo's in Surrey (Scott Road & 72nd), but it didn't catch on, and closed. They made this corned beef sandy with very thin slices, hot, juicy, and huge portions. They didn't chince on the meat at all.

I'm addicted, and now my source is gone. Actually, it's been gone for some time now, my stomach still grumbles every time I drive by. This is a photo of their Hot Pastrami, but you get the idea.

Any suggestions?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOT MONTREALSMOKED MEAT: $9.50.

Hell, I'm all over that! I'm drooling already...

See you out there Peter! :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kaplan's Deli

Checked out Kaplan's today.

I ordered the Hot Montreal Smoked Meat sandy, and my buddy the Hot Corned Beef. We each ate one half of the others (don't get any sick ideas KNVB. Queer cnut).

TRE-MEN-DOUS!!! :D

The corned beef was superior, only because of the copious amounts of fat it came with. This was well worth going a little out of my way (meeting was on Bridgeport in Richmond).

Wednesday: Memphis Blues. Can't wait!:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lunch Wednesday!!!

Agree!!! One restaurant isn't big enough for you and me! Cnut!

Kaplan's: 5755 Oak Street (& 42nd). Get there before 12:00 if you can. Long line-up as soon as the clock stikes noon.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: worst? most?

Originally posted by sensei_hanson

I can't believe I just found out about this place a few weeks ago. I've been twice again already....off the charts. The portions are huge - all the pork, ribs and chicken are slow-roasted and smothered in some dope Southern BBQ sauce. They've also make some sweeeeeet cornbread and the smokehouse chili is awesome. Soul food at its finest. I'm gonna be fat, real soon.

I guess the only negative is the hour-long lineup that forms right around 6:30pm. It's a good spot for lunch, though. You can be in and out of there in 25 minutes, and spend the rest of the afternoon in the latrines trying to sort the inevitable gut-rot out.

It's totally worth it, though.
-Pigsei.

Went yesterday. Had the brisket...basically, a big slab of pig slow roasted for three days. As Sensei says, off the charts excellent!

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
a little samba?

Anyone been to Samba? It's apparently a Brazilian bbq place downtown. My buddy went there for dinner: $23 all you can eat, and they come around to your table with hunks of meat on swords. He had 12 meats including buffalo and ostrich.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shameless

Went to Kelly O'Bryan's today for my birthday boy lunch. Had the Prime Rib Louie with a chocolate milkshake.

What I like about Kelly O'Bryan's is that they’re not about the fancy, yuppie, West Coast Cuisine. They’re about the “Man made appetite” with Mom’s home cooking in an energized atmosphere. They’re all about quality, value, and meeting my needs. All of this regardless of one of their owners, whom eats small babies.

There you go Ranger. You owe me ten bucks.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does this mean that Kelly O'Bryans will have to pay more this month for advertising on ttp?
Normally no but since more than a few this month can't seem to find the fricken post office to send in coin they owe... TTP needs to make up the shortfall :mad:

~Regspointingadirectfinger.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nonce.......

Who has a chocolate milkshake for a birthday treat? That's bent.

Have a pint ya great poof.

Even if it was a fantastic Kelly O'Bryan's chocolate milkshake.

Now I'm wondering who Kelly O'Bryan is/was and what he/she did to have a restaurant named after him/her.

There's always something..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0