Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[West Coast League] Results & Banter - January/February/March 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter, thanks for the vote of confidence. We will be without Norman, Jones, Roberts, Pontin & Yallop. Would be nice to finish off with a win & i mean a ( 1 ) win!!! If Fireman show up like they did last Friday night, Lobbans have no chance!! Fancy Westside over Inter if you're at home ( meaning a full turnout ) not the same on the road. Columbus vs PCOV, depends which Columbus shows up, PCOV quick up front & Coulmbus can be susesptable (sp) at the back. My money's on PCOV.

All the best,
Craigo

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions:

Premier:
Firemen over Lobbans
Metro-Ford over Sapp
draw between Inter and Westside
Draw between Portuguese Club and Columbus

Ist Div.

Cracovia over Westside
SFU Royals over Cliff Ave
PAOK over Lusitanos if PAOK shows up with more than 6 players this week

2nd:
Covercrete over Spurs
Poco Blues over Ridge Shooters
Lomas over AJAX
Canterbury over United

3rd:
Reds
Alemania
Olympiakos

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone read that drivel in the FVSL and I quote:
"These two teams are the best in the valley,possibly in the province" re:Rangerforever
What a load of crap....they don't play anybody good besides each other and maybe PA.SU and FR do have good teams but until they've played a season in OUR league it doesn't mean much.

Cheers!

"is the pot stirred?"

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week's results

Premier

ICSF Inter 2 Westside 1
Portuguese Club 2 Columbus 4
Firefighters 2 Lobbans 0
Sapperton 1 Metro-Ford 0

Lobbans and Metro-Ford regulated to 1st Div.

1st Div.

Westside 1 Cracovia 1
Lusitanos 0 PAOK 1
SFU Royals 2 Cliff Avenue 1

no scores from 2nd div.

3rd division

Inter Steaua 1 New West Reds 7
Carribbean Allstars 1 Alemania 8
Olympiakos 0 Immortals 1

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter.........................what happened? Columbus must've had the WHOLE squad out.
MF??????? 0 wins????

Cheers!

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This was the first time we did not have our whole squad out...I will give Columbus credit they score first and they took advantage of us pushing forward...

A few of the columbus player's like hanging around us because we had a full cooler of beer and plus more stock in the vehicles just in case of any shortage. Columbus boys are good catholic boys that don't drink or smoke except for a couple???? congrats on a well deserve win...

Cheers

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we came out pretty strong and it was a good game but we got stuffed twice trying to break out of our end and they made us pay. We scored with no time left. I'll give them credit, they were strong defensively. They were lucky not to have a guy (Dino Michelin) sent off early after he kicked one of our guys (he already had a yellow) after the play...and then they had another guy red carded late in the second after he punched (or kind of slapped) Geoff Catliff in the face.

We're now sitting in 5th place with a playoff game looming to get to the BC's. Columbus called me looking to get our game on the 27th (long weekend) played midweek sometime as they are missing a lot of guys. I'll have to bounce it off the boys and see what we want to do (we're missing guys that weekend as well).

I haven't sat down to look at how this affects the standings but it don't look good for us right now.

How was your game Scotty? Did they have their CAT guys out?

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
site is back up now - apparently the ISP's server crashed last night.

div 2 scores that scp didn't have:

Ajax 1 Lomas 0
Covercrete 1 Spurs 0
Blues 0 Shooters 1
Canterbury 5 Van Utd 1

lost a tough one to Covercrete yesterday with only 10 players on the field, including a rookie goalkeeper. Had a few too many guys resting themselves up for next weekend's Cup semi :rolleyes: they'll be getting a few earfulls from those who were out yesterday busting their arses.

Scotty: I'd say you've stirred it - be interesting to hear what kind of slagging they'll come up with now.... :D

beerz,

stew :cool:

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pete,
Can't really comment on the game as I wasn't there(working). I'm on the injury list anyways(knee)....hopefully I'll be ready for the Provincials. I don't know if you've read the FV postings but our league might as well just give up as many of the postings say that SU & FR are the best teams in the Province......??????

Cheers!

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Um.

Last time I checked how many times in the last 4 years has SU gone to the finals Scotty?
And, how many times did they win it?
When did you last win it?

Scottyshell said:

I like this FR reference all of a sudden.
Weren't we just the Rangers in your eyes?
Your club just might get some glory this year after all.

Cheers!

:D

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now now boys, we're all adults here. Let's not bicker about whose's bigger than whose. It should be an interesting year for the BC's—we're just trying to get there right now. As stated by ballbaby, there appear to be a lot of competitive teams this time around.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
last 4 years: let's see...firemen have won twice and columbus once with SU winning it last year...I would guess the wcotsl has a strong agrument of being the best and most competitive league in the province...in the premier division there is no such thing as a easy game...stirring the pot a little more...

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week's action:

League Cup Semi's Sunday 10am

Columbus vs Firefighters @ Central Park
Portuguese Club vs Westside Miloni @ Adanac Park SE

Masters Cup Semi's Sunday 10am

Killarney Spurs vs AJAX @ Hastings Bowl
Meralomas vs Alemania @ Connaught

Provincial Qualifier

Sapperton vs Lobbans

Make up Games
Cracovia vs SFU United
New West Reds vs Immortals
Poco Blues vs Vancouver United

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now now boys, we're all adults here. Let's not bicker about whose's bigger than whose.
Yeah, and my dad can beat up your dad too... :D

RF - check your facts; your sources seem to have let you down. Have your guys even had a chance to play against anybody from our league yet? It's one thing to claim bragging rights for a single league; there's a few folks from the North Shore, Island, and the north side of the river who might have opinions on the subject that run slightly contrary to yours.

Back on topic:

Picking Firefighters over Columbus just because it's Columbus :D Firefighters won both regular season games (3-2 and 2-1). Close, but I'd give them the edge.
Portuguese vs Miloni - both games tied in league play; this one could go to penalties. If so, Merkl may have a bit of an advantage over SCP, but too tight to call.
Picking Spurs over Ajax by 1. Three ties between these team this year, but a slight edge to Spurs as underdogs with nothing to lose.
Alemania vs Lomas - a coin toss.

Lobbans in tough against Sapp in a game under Provincial rules (no CAT players, no underage players) - Sapp by 2.

Cracovia over SFU Utd
Blues over Van Utd
Reds over Immortals (even with the will of Allah)

beerz,

stew :cool:

400 posts later and I still don't know what I'm going to say....

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
RF - check your facts; your sources seem to have let you down. Have your guys even had a chance to play against anybody from our league yet? It's one thing to claim bragging rights for a single league; there's a few folks from the North Shore, Island, and the north side of the river who might have opinions on the subject that run slightly contrary to yours.

Jesus F. Christ - I can't believe the heat I'm getting for this one post in a thread I thought no one was paying attention to.
Cheers Scotty. :D
I said, as Scotty pointed out, possibly the two best teams in the province with respect to us and SU.
A momentary lapse of reason and arrogant.
Yeeesh - Sorry.

No.
We haven't played anyone from your league yet.
We tried to get a game against Westside but it fell through.
We played the FF, and lost, in the Wesburn tourney on the Labour Day long weekend.
I'd be an idiot to disrespect the two other leagues out there, and the Island, when I look at the names of players still playing.
Peg, Norvan, Westside, Columbus, Firemen, MF, etc., etc.
I may be dumb, but I ain't stupid. :D

I thought the most recent BC champs were as follows:

2004 - SU
2003 - Columbus (Beating SU in final)
2002 - SU
2001 - SU

Am I incorrect? :confused:

Eeeeeeaaasssy Stewie. ;)

Put in my place,
RF

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks SCP - I stand corrected.

Back in '01 & '02, were there two types of provincials?

One for Over 30s and one for Masters?
I seem to recollect something about this.

Cheers,
Rookieforever

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP said:
2004-su
2003-columbus
2002-Firefighters
2001-Firefighters

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

SCP, we played O'30's when we won the BC Titles, not O'35's (that came later). Firefighters moved to O'35's, get it. There was two divisions when it came to Masters BC Cup play with the move to finally make it O'35's and eliminating the O'30's division. The stronger teams stayed in O'30's during Cup play several years ago as Peter can attest to. Ranger's facts are correct.

We elected to stay in the younger division those years and they (F/F's)moved up to O'35's. They made that move after we beat them 3-0 the year before in the quarters. That's a fact.

This banter about who and which league is better is just that banter. Win the BC's and then you can yap all you like. Who fricken cares what league you play in. Last time I checked, we play teams from every league in the BC's and you have to beat them all to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0