Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[West Coast League] Results & Banter - January/February/March 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [West Coast League] Results & Banter - January/February 2005

Peter:

Glad I was able to kick up the intensity level for those teams, and give you a quote to hang over the door in the change room. :rolleyes: Now you might actually have some incentive. :p

and for Stew he's still drinking the 6-pack of Stella's that I gave to him
the Weasel Piss is long gone.... :rolleyes: back to drinking real (homemade) beer.

Portuguese Club didn't take advantage of their opportunity to make things even closer by dropping 2 points to Sapperton, and with only 1 game left, may have a hard time holding onto their spot. Firemen appear to still have the hammer sitting on top with 3 games left.

Nice to see that things are as tight as they are - should keep a few more people interested, and maybe even start posting again... :rolleyes:

beerz,

stew :cool:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stew, I disagree with your hammer analysis: I think we have the hammer. Here's the breakdown for the 3 teams (sorry SCP but I'm not including you guys in the race for the title):

Firemen play Westside, Inter and Lobbans
Westside play Firemen, Inter and Columbus
Inter plays Westside, Firemen
Columbus plays Westside, PCOV

Certainly that matchup that was deemed unworthy of Stew's MOTW is key to our success (and the Firemen's). Sunday found me on Vancouver Island with my son's rugby team but my heart was at Riverway (is there a song in there?). When I heard our game was not played (Firemen put a drop-dead time of 9:30 for the ref to show, something about their keeper having to leave, and when he showed at 9:40 they wouldn't play) I was actually kind of happy because I would have liked to have been there to guide the boys through the tight spots—so to speak—in my coaching capacity.

SCP, that's a good pisstake/challenge on the supremacy of our league. I think it's safe to say we have the most teams in any O-35 league, maybe even the most European (heavy emphasis on Italian) teams in any local league, or the most parity, but the most talented? I don't know...

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'll say one thing, O'35's as a whole is more competitive than ever. Not just a couple of teams dominating anymore. It's hip to be old..er.

I watched an O'40's or O'50's (can't tell) game before our game yesterday. Yikes! Wow, does the human body deteriorate after a duration. However, these guys were competitive. In fact, tempers were flaring as potential fisticuffs were apparent.
:eek:

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

This week's cup matches:

League Cup:
Columbus vs SFU United(1st Div.)...should be a easy win for Columbus against the only 1st div. team left in the cup
Westside Miloni vs Lobbans...Lobbans maybe a little jet lag from long drive in from Maple Ridge
Portuguese Club vs ICSF Inter...two ties between both teams this season..should be close
Metro-Ford vs Firefighters...should be a real barn burner ( 8pm Port Moody Turf )

Masters Cup:

Killarney Spurs vs Canterbury
New West Reds vs Alemania
Poco Blues vs Meralomas
Vancouver United vs AJAX

I will let the 2nd and 3rd div. guys make the masters predictions...too close to call

anyone else with their predictions for both cups.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Columbus, Westside, Inter, MF...I don't see any predictions from you, SCP.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Columbus, Metro-Ford..something to prove that they are better team than the record shows, Portuguese Club because it's my own team and these two teams have played very close games against each other, Westside...all the games will be closed with the exception of the columbus game...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

the prediction game (disclaimer - not checked with the local bookies at Beaconsfield):

Columbus
Miloni
Portuguese Club in extra time (definitely not because of that pisspot SCP)
Firemen after penalty shots (sorry CraigO)
Spurs
Alemania
Blues
Van United in extra time

lots of close ones; the only two I don't see as tough to call are wins for Columbus and Alemania - their opponents are just a bit too overmatched. SFU Utd. just a bit overachieving and in too deep against Columbus; Reds a faded 2nd to Alemania in their division and not as strong through the middle.

Lobbans will be a bit overmatched; unless they are really hungry, that long drive back to the Ridge won't be much fun if they lose this one.

Picking Portuguese even though they were flat against Sapp, and Inter did win the Italia derby last weekend. They have strong potential to be a playoff spoiler for Inter.

Match of the week between Firemen and MFC. I know where I'll be for at least part of Friday night. Metro Ford's been snakebitten all year, but I don't think they're going to be able to pull this one out. Should still be a cracker of a game.

Canterbury vs Spurs - edge to Spurs defensively; nobody's scored against them for 5 games now. Canterbury good offensively but have been slipping lately, and may be ripe for the picking.

Blues just a bit stronger than Lomas and play much tougher. Watch for Auntie Jinks to bolster the ex-Pokes with his presence in the stands, especially if Dazza shows up for Lomas.

United with just a bit more firepower than Ajax, although a bit dodgy in the back.

stirring the pot,

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

should be a great weekend of soccer regardless...but the best part is the beer after the game and in Peter's case it's tequila man!!!

cheers

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well usually it's single malt man but you happened to catch me with a bottle of primo Tequilla that my wife brought back from Mexico. It was something else, not even remotely like Cuervo...

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I prefer the primo tequila over single malt scotch...never was a scotch drinker

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

damned Português - doesn't know anything about good swill... :rolleyes: :p :D

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone in here with the Metro Ford over 35's? And if not, does anyone else know how the MF vs Firemen game ended last night in Port Moody?

Cheers, IB...

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP, was out at your last weeks match vs Sap. Have to say that you guys were a little hard done by! Rightfully, their goal, which was ruled offside, should've stood as the player who scored was well behind the play when the ball was played to him. Therefore the ref game Sap a very suspect peno minutes later. My only guess as to why you guys weren't awarded a much more obvious peno later, was perhaps due to the fact you'd already had one. No excuse if that infact was the ref's reasoning. I thought Sap were a bit fortunate to come away with the tie. They will still feel hard done by the offside goal not given, but a weak peno desicion made up for that without question.

IB's2cents.....

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inspector, what brings you into these fetid threads...ah, I know, could it be the Lobbans connection? Just curious who everyone's signed for: you've read the league rules, right?

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Peter, I know the rules!
May see you tomorrow morning if I can get from Coquitlam to Hillcrest by 10. :rolleyes:

And yes, of course the connection's there. ;) So here's hoping that MF will field their strongest line-up next week vs Sap.

Inspectorwho'srecentlystartedplayingforLobbansover35'sandloving-it.. :D

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, it just keeps getting worse for MF! Where's Scotty when you need an unbiased game report? Regulation time win or what?

Inspector, it should be a good match tomorrow. I would think that MF would want to get ar least one victory this year in the league, but to be safe you might want to play your hardest against the FF next week to avoid the depths of 1st div.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One would think. I'm still surprised with the line-up they had against us a few weeks ago that they're doing so poorly. Out of the 3 teams I've had the pleasure of playing against, theirs was perhaps the strongest. I'm guessing it's a different line-up for them week to week. I'd feel comfortable that they'd do the business against Sap if they field that same team. Firemen will prove tough, obviously, in which case we could help ourselves by winning and helping Westside side as well. ;)

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro-Ford vs Firefighters game did go into extra time with Rob Cairns scoring the lone goal...

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results

League Cup

Westside Miloni 8 Lobbans 2....Lobbans couldn't recover from their long drive in from Maple Ridge.

Columbus 5 SFU United 1...Easy game for Columbus against 1st Div team

Portuguese Club 2 ICSF Inter 1...a real intense and exciting game with 4 red cards

Friday Game: Firefighters 1 Metro-Ford 0

Masters Cup

Killarney Spurs 1 Canterbury 0 ...
Vancouver United 0 AJAX 1
Poco Blues 1 Meralomas 3
New West Reds 0 Alemania 1

Regular Season

PAOK 0 Lusitanos 1 default win for Lusitanos
Cracovia 5 Poco Celtic 1
Inter Steaua 1 Immortals 0
Cliff Avenue 1 Westside Bulldogs 3

Status