Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[West Coast League] Results & Banter - January/February/March 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The goals were a little slow to start and then they came with quite a bit of regularity...both ways. Merkl came up huge to keep it 1-0 before the floodgates opened.

Lobban's are in a relegation battle and could help their cause and ours next week against the firemen (who have lost their sole correspondant).

Congratulations are due to the Bulldogs who locked up a berth in 1st div next year with their win today!

SCP, what happens with red cards received during cup play? How many (and who) did Inter get and will they have to be served at next week's league game?

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
semi's League Cup March 20

Firefighters vs Columbus
Portuguese Club vs Westside Miloni

Masters Cup

Killarney Spurs vs AJAX
Alemania vs Meralomas

Peter: both teams have a lot of friends on both teams and we share a practice facility with Inter...so you can feel he intensity level rise for both teams which made for a very physical game but we were all laughing and drinking beer after the game minus the good stuff from your wife...all red player's will have to sit out their next game.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP. that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy hearing about how close and intimate you guys are with Inter but...gimme the dirt man! Who got carded?

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results for Div. 1:
Westside Bulldogs 3 Cliff Ave. 1
Looks Cliff Ave will be joining PoCo Celtic as they head down to Div 2.
:eek:

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter said:
Congratulations are due to the Bulldogs who locked up a berth in 1st div next year with their win today!

Thanks for the congrats.
It was a hard fought battle, since both of us, were in relegation trouble. Cliff A a little closer then us. The good guys prevailed.

Depending on the results this w/end, it looks like Crakcovia, and either Lusitanos or SFU Royals maybe b joining u guys in Prem. Too bad, the Bulldogs couldn't be amongst those making the jump up, we could have a WEstside derby on our hands.... :wa:

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, what a season it has been. Great game vs Fireman on Friday night, real shame that we had to play the last 110 minutes with 10 men. Unfortunately, Jeff Roberts lost his cool with Dave Roseland & punched / pushed him from behind (I didn't see it) stupid! Fireman scored a nice goal with about 5 minutes to go in the 1'st half of extra time. We battled hard & came close a couple of times.

Oh well, I guess it's off to Div 1 next year.... brutal!!!! We're close but not close enough. Has a team ever been relegated & had a good run in the cup before??

Westside, PCOV & Fireman look to be the teams to beat from WCOTSL!!

Cheers,
Craigo

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Craigo, any word on whether your team will be putting in a performance against Sap? When we (Lobbans)played you guys out at Heritage recently, I thought with your line-up, how could you not have at least one victory? :confused: Good luck in your last game and obviously we're hoping you get a full squad out and you record your 1st victory in the match against Sap. ;)

Cheers........IB!

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter: Player's red carded from Inter were George Gasparro and Rob Gambron and the Portuguese Club were Jason Barros ( 2 yellows) and Oscar Goncalves. Lot's of pushing and shoving but no punches thrown...Referree did a great job handling the situation and the game. I hope this is enough dirt for you...

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
IB: Metro-Ford will show up and play hard against Sapperton because there is no love loss between these two teams...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

I guess if you want dirt, you gotta go to the games yourself! :D Better yet, if you show up with single malt, I'll come out too.

Spiffy:

Don't think you guys are quite ready for primetime in Premier - you probably need to pick up about 3-4 guys to deepen your roster (although I hear Twinkletoes could be available for the right price...).

Has a team ever been relegated & had a good run in the cup before??
we're doing it right now... :rolleyes: maybe not the big show like you guys, but you can pour at least a couple of beers into the Masters' Cup. Basically, we just started clicking too late in the year - have only had one goal scored on us in 6 games, so we must be doing something right.

beerz,

stew :cool:

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP, I hope so, but seeing as it's a 9 0'clock game and nothing on the line for Metro Ford, apart from some pride, I can see 1 or 2 not getting out of bed for this one. I sincerely hope I'm wrong! As stated before, MF are one of the strongest teams in this division from what I've seen. I wonder if MF just need a little insentive. How much beer would it take? ;)

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
IB: you guys control your destiny...just beat the firemen and it's doesn't matter if Sapperton wins...

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Believe me, we do not want to go the entire season without a win in league play. We will be missing Jeff Roberts (red card), Dave Sherle, Danny Jones, Russ Pontin & Peter Kerr. I guess I get to play in net this weekend.

We'll come out & try and play like we have most of the year. We are looking forward to it. 9 o'clock kick-off, whow I guess some of the lads will still be pissed!!

Good luck to the rest of you & here's to hoping for our first win. I know last time we played Sapperton, we dominated except we had a real tough time handling Hearnsey, who had been called up!

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
stew said:
Spiffy:

Don't think you guys are quite ready for primetime in Premier - you probably need to pick up about 3-4 guys to deepen your roster (although I hear Twinkletoes could be available for the right price...).

Like Spurs, we started gellin' a little late in the season. We lost a couple of close 1s in the beginning when we were trying to find our footing. If we get 3-4 new players I may not even make on the bench, I'd be down to waterboy, or even ball bag carrier.
We tried to get twinkie back, but Ajax wouldn't sell him for all the tea in China...
Back to Div.3 and this time u're taking an ex Bulldog with u......

What's the word on Squamish, are the Spurs playing??

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the word on Squamish, are the Spurs playing??
Sort of - some of us older geezers will be joining our alumni squad (Vancouver Regals) for the O40s there. No plans for an O30 team this year - I'm still out of pocket for the last time I did that. Too many "definite" attendees who didn't bother to show up or call in when the wives told them no.

I'll still go to tournaments as a player, but I'm not organizing any teams any more (except Kamloops, and that's at the point where it can organize itself now). There are probably about 3-4 guys on the team who might be interested & who are too young for O40; if you are looking for a team, you might be able to put something together with them.

beerz,

stew :cool:

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
maybe I'll just show up boots in hand, and hope someone needs a pylon. c u up there. Rosh is playing and the wee 1 will be in tow.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week's games

Lobbans vs Firefighters...big game for both teams...lobbans need a win to stay in premier and firemen are battling for 1st place..

Sapperton vs Metro-Ford...Sapperton need to win game to put pressure on Lobbans...if Sapp wins and Lobbans tie or lose against firemen then Sapp will stay in the premier and Lobbans will sink to 1st div.

ICSF Inter vs Westside Miloni...Both teams in the hunt for 1st place...it will be a tough game for both teams...good luck

Portuguese Club vs Columbus...both teams trying to finish in the top 4 for automatic berths in the provincials...slim chance of finishing in 1st place for both teams

Team GP W L T +/- Pts
Firefighters 11 6 1 4 7 22
Portuguese Club 13 5 2 6 12 21
Westside 11 5 1 5 6 20
Inter 12 5 2 5 2 20
Columbus 12 5 4 3 4 18

www.wcotsl.com

1st Division
only thing left to decide in this division who will be joining cracovia in the premier div for next season...regulated to 2nd div. Poco Celtic and Cliff Avenue Utd

Westside Bulldogs vs Cracovia
Lusitanos vs PAOK
SFU Royals vs Cliff Avenue

2nd Div..same thing as the 1st div. who will be joining Covercrete to the 1st Div...regulated to the 3rd. div are ridge shooters and Killarney Spurs

AJAX vs Meralomas
Covercrete vs Killarney Spurs
Poco Blues vs Ridge Shooters
Canterbury vs Vancouver United

3rd div. Alemania has won the 3rd and the Reds should finish in 2nd place

Inter Steaua vs New West Reds
Allstars vs Alemania
Olympiakos vs Immortals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.