Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[West Coast League] Results & Banter - January/February/March 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bad eggs - use the Prov Cup thread for that stuff....

on topic - Firemen vs Miloni moved to Todd Field at UBC

need more beerz....

stew :cool:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So I take it the PCOV/Columbus Cup Final is still up at Kensington North tomorrow? Where will it be played if the weather forces a change of venue?(sorry SCP I know you advised me but I have forgotten) :confused:

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, what happened yesterday? Our game against Firemen was called off due to the fields being under water out at UBC.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

A lot of overhangs to be recovered from - that's why you've not seen any posting yet. That, and the Columbus guys don't seem to like this site.

What a lousy day for a game - I haven't seen rain like that since the last hurricane I saw in Florida :rolleyes: The League Cup game was delayed while several people tried to get rid of the lake at the east end of the field. After about 20 minutes of concerted bailing, shovelling and dyking, it was brought to playable shape. Amazingly enough, the rest of both fields held up just fine.

Both games (League Cup up top, and Masters' Cup down below) went into extra time, tied 0-0. The League Cup game had a bit more passion to it. Portuguese Club were playing a man down due to a red card (Cesar's 2nd yellow of the game), and had collapsed into a defensive shell. Things actually seemed to be going okay for SCP and the boys until their offside trap got beat in the 2nd half of extra time. Columbus went in 2 on none and scored past SCP (couldn't tell who actually put the ball in the net). There was some controversy over whether the play was offside (I couldn't tell from my vantage point, and I was trying to keep track of both games at the same time), and some of the Portuguese Club fans had a disagreement with the linesman on their side. Before the resulting kickoff, Miro stopped the game and ordered the fans behind the fence on the south sideline, and somebody said something that disagreed with him, so he called the game. 1-0 for Columbus and some severely cranky Portuguese fans. Game MVP was Frank Ciaccia. I'll let SCP give his opinion on this one if Mrs. SCP hasn't beaten him up too severely (she was REALLY happy to see both of us last night.... :rolleyes: )

The Masters' Cup went through extra time and ended up in penalties. Lomas couldn't capitalize on an early chance that was cleared off the goal line, so the game stayed scoreless all the way through. The Flying Pig was outstanding in the shootout for Ajax, and ended up with the game MVP award for saving 2 penalties (the 2nd and 3rd shots). Lomas' first shooter put the ball over the bar (nerves?), so Ajax only had to score on 3 shots. They did, so Ajax won the Cup 1-0.

beerz (and wine and brandy and more beerz),

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firefighters vs Miloni Friday night on the turf at Burnaby Lake - 7pm kickoff on Field #3.

Yes, Peter, you finally get to be MOTW :D

First place is on the line for this one. With any luck, my cooler and I will be sitting up on the corner so I can watch both this and the Columbus/Celtic game on field #2. SCP won't be there as the lazy barstard is off to Hawaii to kiss up to his Missus after last Sunday. No Stella for you! OUT!!

I'll pick Miloni only because if they do win, Peter should have single malt for me...

beerz,

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think there were a couple of midlands and an Islay out Sunday, we had to settle for eggs benny at the golf course—hopefully all of them will make it through the week intact and be available for selection on Friday.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Personally partial to Speysiders meself, but one can't afford to be too fussy... :D especially when somebody else is buying. Cheers, Peter!

At least Friday you won't get rained out.

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Miloni 4-1 Firemen

Goals from Billy J, Brian Wilms, and 2 from John Catliff. A one sided affair with Rob Merkl having to make just one save in the game. Firemens lone goal came in the 89th minute. Rene doing a fine job in the middle. ;) Firemen were reduced to 10 men late in the game after one of their players let Rene know how he felt :rolleyes:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty much the John Catliff show...

Miloni looked pretty good tonight; Firefighters pretty flat, apparently missing a number of bodies. First overall goes to Miloni, with not-so-Smallsy in the lineup. Sorry for not being more sociable Smallsy; I was in a yabber with Peter about the Cup draw...

Speaking about Peter, somebody forgot to tell me when the single malt was coming out. :rolleyes: :D

Congrats on first place, boys.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice meeting you again Stew.
Yes Westside did look good tonight, but we all know Firemen have a big game coming up a week tomorrow.
The Metro Ford vs Columbus was a very spirited afair.
I never thought i would see Frankie Cha Cha lose it like he did tonight.Very close to getting a red card, and then goes on to score the winner!(2-1 xtra time).

B.C's next week boys.

Newton Park next Saturday at noon should be on fire !!!!!!!!!!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
All we had to do was win both halves and the title was ours and then we did just that...in convincing fashion.

The single malt was everywhere Stew, where were you?

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Back from an early exit from Simon Heald's Texas Hold'em tourney...

Stew, although John did bag 2 last night and played well, I thought we really excelled as a team: I was able to get 21 guys into the game and everybody contributed.

Inspector, their guy threw a punch at Ricky and Rene was right there to make him pay. Rene was a little quick on the colour but I was impressed with his positioning. Rick Rudolph was our man of the match last night. He has really stepped up to the plate on the back line and has the wheels and judgement to clean up. Smallsy was a good addition and was the first guy to make the jump to O-35 from our CAT affiliation with Rino's squad. We were contemplating bringing up Nuke and Boban as well but we didn't have room.

So now we're all going to make our way over to the island and maybe Thursday or Friday we'll find out if we play Saturday or Sunday...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

Wasn't really in hiding anywhere; I was watching your game for a while with Coach and the Rangers boys, and then we turned around and watched Columbus and Celtic. Firefighters came upstairs to watch; we kind of thought that you guys would too. I didn't really feel like chasing you downstairs to the change rooms :rolleyes: just to get some whiskey, so I stayed with the beer that brung me...

Good luck on the island.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How is this going to work with Peg joining the league next year? Are they going to walk right into Premier? Are there going to be ammendments sought at the AGM? I know SCP has talked about a 10 team Premier...MF gets a reprieve? What about Lobbans?

Hmmmmm...

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

Should all be clear by AGM time. We'll have to wake SCP up again to get him to do some work on it first, though... :rolleyes:

Last remaining league game will finally get played this weekend.

Sunday, May 1:

Coquitlam Ajax vs Covercrete @ Adanac SE; kickoff at 10AM

beerz,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars