Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[West Coast League] Results & Banter - January/February/March 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any WCOTSL teams interested in an exhibition game on Sunday Jan 2nd, Coveside Fc from NSCL has a turf field, for a 9:30am KO. PM me if interested.

Sorry, Bernie - I didn't see this until last night. Otherwise, I'd have dragged the rest of our pisstanks out to play against your pisstanks.

Next time,

stew :cool:

Craigo

Aug 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [West Coast League] Results & Banter - September/October/November/December 2004

Hey Stew, Happy New Year to you & yours!!! Yes, DJones has come over to the dark side along with Jeff Roberts, they will help. Doesn't matter who we dress, just seem to struggle????? Oh well, the beer did taste better after a W, it's been a real long time since we had one. All the best this upcoming weekend, I think we need a game as the lads getting a little tired of whacking each other.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [West Coast League] Results & Banter - January/February 2005

I didn't realise Jeff was that old? Or is he playing 'underage'?

For anyone,

How is the WCOTL Cup coming along? Any massive upsets?

Cheers,

~Regs.

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

looks like another week of cancellations...stay tuned???

no major upsets in the WCOTSL League Cup as of yet...

Cheers

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yep, still tuned.....

No games in this part of the world this weekend except for Cliff Avenue and Westside Miloni on the turf at Burnaby Lake (9 AM on Sunday). The rest of the Lower Mainland appears to be one big wet spot......

Regs:

Since you didn't bother setting up a Cup pool for the WCOTSL (I know, the first round had already started), why not set one up for the second round? With 2 Cups to choose from, and only 8 teams in the running for each, there won't be any math that's too challenging for KNVB to deal with. It might even get some of these lazy dogs to start posting again....

beerz,

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stew,

Unfortunately I'm all out of stuff to put up as prizes.

I'd be more than happy to do it next year though as long as someone gives me proper notice of the start dates.

Sorry,

~Regs.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Unfortunately I'm all out of stuff to put up as prizes.
Just gutted..... :rolleyes:

Only one Cup game on the weekend - Peter's mob beat Cliff Ave 2-1. Would have thought that he'd have been on to mention something about the game...

l8r,

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's really getting harder and harder to even bother or care.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [West Coast League] Results & Banter - September/October/November/December 2004

Craigo said:
Hey Stew, Happy New Year to you & yours!!! Yes, DJones has come over to the dark side along with Jeff Roberts, they will help. Doesn't matter who we dress, just seem to struggle????? Oh well, the beer did taste better after a W, it's been a real long time since we had one. All the best this upcoming weekend, I think we need a game as the lads getting a little tired of whacking each other.
who cares !you will need more than a miracle to persue your dream,fcuk you should change your name to metro ford 'real-L dream team"

suck that :p :p :p :eek:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's really getting harder and harder to even bother or care.

See what happens when you get old and cranky, Kids? :D ;)

Gotta go - my bunions hurt....

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

sid:

welcome aboad the true Geezer forum. Why aren't you playing for anybody in this league? Your insightful commentary and eloquent razor wit are always welcome around here, and besides, I hear you just had both a birthday and a baby announcement in the same week. What else could a guy ask for? :rolleyes:

beerz,

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

stew said:
sid:

welcome aboad the true Geezer forum. Why aren't you playing for anybody in this league? Your insightful commentary and eloquent razor wit are always welcome around here, and besides, I hear you just had both a birthday and a baby announcement in the same week. What else could a guy ask for? :rolleyes:

beerz,

To young"33" & too round of a belly! :D as for playing , :D one day not real soon cause fishing comes second to having a baby & trying to get fit again :) fcuk that idea ;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Training? What's that? Real intense session for the Green Dream on Tuesday night, with a special guest appearance from SCP.....

Training schedule like this:

8:30 arrive at field as lights go out. Restart lights.
8:45 lights finally come back on. Begin putting gear on now that we can see what we're doing....
8:50 ogle PCOV women's team.... :D
8:55 SCP gets caught :rolleyes: , so we start running (slow jog around field)
9:10 extended break after running first lap around field
9:20 explain cup game status to einsteins on team
9:30 get field set up for scrimmage
9:35 pick scrimmage teams
9:40 actually start scrimmage
9:45 stop scrimmage so Fastman can go phone in pizza order
9:48 recommence scrimmage
9:50 Chuckles shows up so need to rebalance teams
9:55 restart scrimmage
10:00 lights out
10:05 pizza arrives; warm-down lap is abandoned in favour of pepperoni special
10:10 beer and pizza meeting with stategy plan for stomping CAI on Sunday. CAI representative requests 5 goal mercy rule :rolleyes:
11:30 beer cooler empty - relocation required....

Sorry sid, no fishing here. Enough water, but no fish.

Hope we can finally get some games in this weekend.....

beerz,

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Only one game cancelled so far: Portuguese Club vs Columbus.

Adanac Park is closed.

Meralomas and Eye-Yaxx moved to South Memorial (aka Shite-hole-by-the-Duckpond to use its prosaic Engerlish name).

TTFN,

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

This week's result in cup play

League Cup Round Robin
Group A
Metro-Ford 5 Lobbans 1 nice to see metro-ford win two in a row
WesTside Bulldogs 1 Cracovia 1
Metro-Ford is through to Quarter-finals..2nd place in group still up for grabs with Lobbans in second place

Group B
Westside 2 Firefighters 1 apparently an excellent game to watch
PAOK 2 Cliff Avenue 0

Westside is through and 2nd place is still undecided but Firefighters should qualify with two games remaining still

Group C
Portuguese Club vs Columbus ppd
SFU Royals 3 Lusitanos 0

this group will go down to the last game to decide 1st and 2nd...Lusitanos eliminated

Group D

ICSF Inter 1 Sapperton 0
SFU United 2 Poco Celtic 0

ISCF Inter and SFU United are through to Quarters...

Masters Cup

Covercrete 6 Immortals 0
AJAX 0 Meralomas 0
Killarney 6 Carribbean Allstars 0 I guess Pizza and beer after practice works for Stew and yes they have qualify for quarter-finals
Canterbury 2 Poco Blues 2
Alemania 6 Ridge Shooters 0
New West Reds 0 Vancouver United 3

1 Regular season game in the 3rd Div.
Olympiakos 9 Inter Steaua 7 that's right a football score

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Killarney 6 Carribbean Allstars 0 I guess Pizza and beer after practice works for Stew and yes they have qualify for quarter-finals
It's all true; we can credit the pizza :rolleyes:

Will give the CAI guys credit; getting their arses handed to them on a plate, and only half a bad attitude out of the whole team. These fellas are really in it for the love of the game only. Monty Beach was barely playable; the Osler pitch will need to be left alone until Co-ed starts before it will be playable again (no, we weren't on it). Too much sand loaded into the grass there; it slowed the game right down even beyond our usual mucker speed and made stringing the passes together even more difficult than normal. Figured that if we'd have played at Empire, we could have hit double digits. White Knight was playing for them; very unlike him to not show for a cooler pop afterward. Wazzup with that?

One more round-robin game left against Eye-Yacks, and then we find out who we're up against in the second round.

Looks as though Alemania is also through to the next round; they can't do any worse than 2nd in their group even if they tank their last game, and the ex-PoCoMo boys on the Blues win both their remaining games.

Still too early to pick wild cards; not enough games played yet. Most of the rest of the round should get played next week.

This is getting a little weird; Miloni wins two in a row, and Peter has nothing to say about it :confused: Conspiracy theories anybody?

beerz,

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside 2-1 SFU

A game we won and a game where we were probably the better team possesion-wise but Bun had to make some key saves—more than their keeper. A game, after which, I spent the week trying to figure out where we've been going wrong after Peru...

Westside 2-1 Firemen

We go 3-0 in the League Cup round robin in a classic matchup. We had a bit of a different look with Richie Cannon and Wilmsy moved to the left side and our two M.D.'s Mario and Pat, playing as a new tandem in the centermid. It worked really well until we let a long kick from their keeper bounce on our 35 or so and the feeble attempted flick to Merkl was intercepted and clinically finished by Zack.

John Catliff showed up late (both of these games were 9AM starts...WTF is up with that?) and in the second half he gathered a ball at center, shook off some guy trying to depant him, looked up, saw Birdman in between him and the net, put his head down, took Gant to the outside got inside the 18 and hit a hard shot the keeper got a piece of but couldn't stop the momentum and it was tied. John also bagged the winner on a direct kick from the 22 or so that the keeper (who came in after their starter left the game with a knee injury after a cross ball collision) couldn't get to.

We weathered the Firestorm that ensued (we've let them back in late a couple times over the last couple years after being up late in the game) and handed the Firemen their first loss of the season. Although JC was stellar, we played very well as a team and deserved the win. I thought the Firemen were missing a little spark although I couldn't really see who they might have been missing. Merks did have to come up big a couple of times (his distribution was excellent on the day...I might add he was player of the game the week before as a right midfielder!).

There Stew, now you can't shut me up!

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peter:

...so when did the aliens let you go? :D
There Stew, now you can't shut me up!
would never dream of it... :rolleyes:

Getting psyched to finally get back onto our own pitch again; since we haven't played there since Hallowe'en, some of our guys will have forgotten what it looks like.... :rolleyes:

beerz,

ps - Peter: shut up :D

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Caught the two all draw between Canterbury and Poco Blues.

Canterbury tied it up in the last minute of play and were lucky to get a draw.
There was a clear hand ball on the Canterbury forward on the run that produced their first goal which the ref did see but chose not to call because "he didn't mean to handle it". Good intentions are all that's required in that ref's book. The handful of Pokes the Blues have, played well but there just isn't enough talent amongst the supporting cast to have much of an impact. The Blues second goal came from a great left footed 25 yarder from Sam Elliott.

As for Canterbury, I have never seen or heard their like before. It was all, "good hustle!" and "way to go!" And calls of "nice try buddy" which of course I've heard before but not with any level of sincerity.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Auntie Jinks:

Did Sammy do the lizard dance after he scored and make it worth the price of admission? Haven't seen that one for a while... Canterbury - the team you love to hate; the beer even worse... :rolleyes: There are some legitmately nice guys on that team, but a couple of real wankers, too.

Games this weekend:

League Cup:

MF Celtic vs Cracovia (Friday night)
PAOK vs Firefighters
Columbus vs Luso
Inter vs PoCo Celtic

Masters' Cup:

Spurs vs Ajax
Lomas vs CAI
Canterbury vs Shooters
Blues vs Alemania
Reds vs Immortals