Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

War in, on and over Iraq

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The arguments just took a nosedive there.

Ancient generalization and a subsequent stupid response.:rolleyes:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
for fcuk's sake.........

Top ten list from friend. The rest from my SFU/Western days.

Thanks for helping me with that, I was stuggling to cope. Welcome to takethepiss.com. You should consider suing SFU, you lot love to sue and it strikes me you've got a very strong case.

It's not 'just' the US who are fighting this illegal war, boyo, the British have involved themselves as well though I don't suppose the channels you watch offer much commentary on that fact. I used to like Sesame Street as well. Your president, whose election victory was a bit wobbly considering you claim to live in a democratic country, is quite the war-mongerer for a draft dodger. You couldn't make it up.

It may all be very clear in what passes for your mind but, and let me slow this down for you to read aloud if it helps, the Iraqi people are fighting because they've been invaded. Fcuk would you do if a bunch of yahoos showed up and started bombing your home to fcuk? Of course, that would never happen in the good old USofA, would it? 'Course not. Objectivity's a bitch. You've yet to reply to the glaring oversight committed by the terrorists from terrorland (ie: Saudi fcuking Arabia) when they neglected to blow up anywhere else in the world on the 11th of September, 2001. Why's that? Perhaps because the only grievance 'these people' had was with America. That's only just beginning, I fear. If you ever choose to go anywhere in the world I think you'll find that, generally speaking, Americans are met with a fair mixture of scorn, ridicule, mistrust, and negativity. Yours isn't a popular country and that's just among the countries you consider your allies.

It would probably do your piss-weak argument a wee bit of good were you to stop suggesting Canadians are lumped in with the septics in terms of 'them' wanting 'us' dead. That's just fcuking insulting. Who are 'they', Smiles? Take your time with that, mate. Use one of your lifelines. You're going to phone a friend aren't you?

The yanks continue to be the only country in the world to have resorted to atomic weaponry. Proud of that are you?

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You can't get away from this bloody thing. This war. It's fcuking everywhere. The television, the radio, bloody TTP for christ's sake.

The media coverage of Operation: Yeehaw! has been brilliant thus far. I can't get quite enough of the part of the press conference where Maj. Gen. Stanley McChrystal informs all in attendance that they do regret the loss of any civilian life in any conflict. Much better than the "hey, ya gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette" analogy they were tossing around the greenroom hours earlier.

Fifteen Iraqi civilians were killed today when a public market was blown apart in Baghdad. Iraqi officials target allied forces bombing the area as the culprit behind the deaths; Pentagon officials speculate that the damage could have been caused by the Iraqis themselves. We now enter the world of media-savvy pissing contests where information is leaked, filtered, skewed, added to, broken down, relayed and plastered onto your screen while you flip back to see which cum-dumpster the Bachelor serviced this week. Is it by sheer coincidence that neither side took initial blame for the public massacre, yet both look to the opponent as the possible guilty party? As if Vinny Brooks was going to hold a "Time out, we really fcuked some shite up over here" conference? Or Iraqi intelligence was going to whip up the "A thousand apologies for us utlizing our citizens as human bullet shields, my friend" press release?

There are lots of ideas and theories being bandied about, but when the conversations start to take on an "us against them" tone you know you've lost the plot. Half the shite the public been force-fed through the mainstream North American media has made political savants from a lot of would-be grocery baggers. Want a good perspective on this war? Go ask the guy who's lost his family in a bloody grocery store explosion what he thinks about the subsequent freedom of his people. He's got a far better grasp on what the war represents better than any pompous combat strategist. But I doubt we'll be seeing that one on CNN.

It's hard to be a big-picture person sometimes. As the 'possibility of war' stopped being a possibility and started becoming a reality, people were forced to understand that despite being able to advance in leaps and bounds in the fields of science and technology, major figures of power and importance still cling to tried and true decision-making practices like violence and killing.

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slowshow

Slows,

I will bite on your novel. Let’s see if I can help you out.

1. All the Americans are over the election. The reason it took so long to decide is because it was so close. We needed to make sure the right decision was made. Again part of the democratic process.

2. As far as 9/11 goes most of us have put things in prospective. There is more chance of getting killed by a shark, hit by lighting, or whatever else you can think of before an Iron sheik gets a hold of you.

3. Any time I travel I only get the love baby. Again we do not have people trying to get out of the country we have people willing to risk their lives to get in; Everyday!

4. Canadians are so like Americans it is unbelievable. You are lumped right in slowman. Go over to the Middle East with your Maple Leave and see what happens. I will wait here until you get back.

5. Slowshow, Am I proud of Atomic weapons? When you are smoking buds try not to pop in your Woodstock highlight footage; it werids me right out. You are like a woman who brings up an argument from 4 years ago. Try to stay on topic. The question should be do I think it is great that if a country fcked with the U.S. we could make them a Wal-Mart parking lot without loosing an American life. The answer is yes. Game over.

Smiles

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Get a clue

) Canadians should not travel to these countries and, if there, should depart:

Afghanistan | Bahrain | Burundi | Central African Republic | Côte d'Ivoire (Ivory Coast) | Indonesia | Iraq | Israel, the West Bank and Gaza | Jordan | Kuwait | Liberia | Saudi Arabia | Somalia | Syria | Yemen |

B) Canadians should not travel to these countries and, if there, should depart the specified region(s):

C) Canadians should not travel to these countries:

Colombia | Egypt | Iran | Lebanon | Oman | Qatar | Singapore | United Arab Emirates |

D) Canadians should not travel to the specified region(s) of these countries and, if there, should depart the specified region(s):

Russia | Russia - Chechnya |

E) Canadians should not travel to the specified region(s) of these countries:

Albania | Angola | Armenia | Azerbaijan | Burma (Myanmar) | Chad | China | China - Hong Kong | Congo (Kinshasa) | Ecuador | Eritrea | Georgia | Ghana | Guinea-Bissau | India | Kyrgyz Republic | Laos | Malaysia | Moldova | Nepal | Nicaragua | Pakistan | Panama | Papua New Guinea | Peru | Philippines | Rwanda | Sierra Leone | Thailand | Turkey | Uganda | Uzbekistan | Venezuela | Vietnam | Zambia |

F) Canadian tourists should not travel to these countries, should not travel to the specified region(s), and, if there, should depart the specified region(s):

G) Canadian tourists should not travel to these countries:

Algeria | Congo (Brazzaville) | Former Yugoslav Rep. Macedonia | Haiti | Pakistan | Solomon Islands | Sudan |

All countries love Canadians. Please slowshow give your head a shake. Make sure to stop at all of the above and send me a post card.

Cheers,

Smiles

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
the funniest post yet.......

Piles,

I wish you'd stop trying to ingratiate yourself with me. You should know that The Panel is completely politically unbiased and nonaligned so your recent prodigious display of pisstaking will in no way sway their vote for the March Weekly Pisstake of the Century Award.

In the laughably unlikely event that you weren't taking the piss with this re-hashed and creakily tired propagandised drivel you've spewed forth, you've certainly put me in my place with your well-thought out and objective argument. I bow to your infinite wisdom and superior intellect.

And slowshow? The friend who writes your posts is a bloody comedic genius. All that comedic ability and American citizenship to boot? A man with everything the rest of us so dearly wish we had.

I'm sure your countrymen are chuffed to bits they've got you as their mouthpiece. They're in safe and so very intelligent hands....... you want to consider running for president of the Excited States. You're a shoe-in.

Go to bed tiger, you've had a long day and tomorrow's a whole new day for pisstaking fun...........hooray!

Attached is a photo that perfectly encapsulates the folly, symmetry, enfeeblement, horror, and uncertainty of war........

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
outrageous........

Isn't it handy the yanks stumbled across this little apple just when public opinion to a war that might not be over before baseball practice on Thursday night is beginning to slide....... no propaganda here..

Another thing that's baffling me at the moment is that if the yanks have requisitioned words like freedom and liberty as all-American words, and freedom of speech is just as constitutionally important as being able to sleep with a howitzer under your pillow, why are they making it so gosh-darned difficult for Aljezeera to televise to it's 18 million Arab viewers? I just don't fricken' get it all.

Frick.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This article is a little distrubing: Iraqi POWs to to be served Pork.

As some of you may or may not know, pork is forbidden in Islam...similar to the Jewish belief in only eating Kosher meat, and avoiding pork altogether. Muslims only eat “Halal” meat products, meaning the animal was butchered in the Muslim custom, and blessed when it was slaughtered. Again, Pork is strictly forbidden.

I find this as fairly insensitive, and even inhumane. Yeah, a lot of you will say, "What's the big deal? It's meat, there's nothing wrong with it, we eat it all the time." The point is, they don't. Pork is strictly forbidden for Muslims. The religion states that if they are starving and in dire straights, they can eat Haram (meaning non-Halal) meat products like beef- but Pork is still forbidden. It's their faith, and what bothers me is that the vast majority of these POWs are fighting in the Iraqi military out of no choice of their own...unlike the US Military.

If this is true, I find it to be a disgusting gesture by the Yanks. You would think, if they really wanted to bring POWs and Iraqi people over to their way of thinking, the least they would do is eliminate the pork products from the rations.

onelessstar

Dec 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadians should not ....

...travel to parts of East Hastings (or East St. Louis...); walk on busy freeways or thin ice; run with scissors.......

Smiles... I don't think your argument makes the point you'd hoped it would. I'm pretty certain that many/most of the travel advisories you outlined would apply to civilians from Canada to Canberra to Caracas to Calexico.

It just makes sense to avoid those areas, not because you are Canadian/American necessarily, but because you are human.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
geography whizz......

Calexico is in Southern California so it's not far from Compton.

You're Canadian so shouldn't go there. Calexico is full of Mexicans. They eat beans and wear silly hats. Sometimes at the same time. They must be destroyed.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smile and Demonization

Smiles:

You, despite the attempt to give you a good Canadian liberal arts university education, have fallen into the trap of demonization. If you demonize people (eg Saddam) and whip your people into a frenzy of hatred and animosity they will go along with a government bent on killing innocent people.

Just listen to the crap coming out of Bush's mouth these days. A gun in one hand and the Bible in the other. The US is the most dangerous rogue nation on earth at the moment and, at a time when more nations are democratizing than at other time in world history.

Saddam may be the world's most vicious leader to his people, but it is THEIR COUNTRY, their government and their way of life. The arrogance of a nation to believe that they know better than the Iraqi people what government they should have.

I would have thought you Americans would have learned the lesson of Vietnam sticking your nose where it shouldn't be for no solid reasons other than you didn't want that country to go communist or the whole region would go commy. Read some history.

I support the troops. Not one allied troop should lose his/her life for a garbage leader like Saddam.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2. As far as 9/11 goes most of us have put things in prospective. There is more chance of getting killed by a shark, hit by lighting, or whatever else you can think of before an Iron sheik gets a hold of you.
So when will the War on Sharks begin, then?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rent Jaws, It Stars the Saddam Hussein of Sharks

Originally posted by Keeper
So when will the War on Sharks begin, then?

Why won't this Fukcing Shark Die?

Don't want to get in the middle of this pissing match between FastShow and Smiles, but I do question some of the US's policies.

Why is there a trade embargo with Cuba still on, when the Cold War has been over for years and years. Is this small Island such a bad country because they are Communists or do they just threat'n the Capitalistic American way of life.

Yes Suddam is a bad guy and does bad things to his people and he should be stopped, but is it the right time for this War to happen. Was there other options before it has come to this.

"WAR, what is it Good For, Absoluting Nothing, Say it Again"
Chris Rock and Jackie Chan

HOS

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In a nutshell.....

I support the troops. Not one allied troop should lose his/her life for a garbage leader like Saddam.

Nor should one allied troop lose his/her life for a garbage leader like Bush and all his profiteering cronies.

Imagine dying for the executives and shareholders of an Oil company.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From a pal....

Sorry, I'm Canadian

On behalf of Canadians everywhere I'd like to offer an apology to
the United States of America. We haven't been getting along very well recently and for that, I am truly sorry.

I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a moron, but it
wasn't nice of us to point it out. If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of America.

After all, it's not like you actually elected him or anything.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because we have more trees than you doesn't give us the right to sell you lumber that's
cheaper and better than your own.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our defense I guess our excuse would be that our team was much, much, much, much better than yours.

I'm sorry we burnt down your White-House during the war of 1812. I notice you've rebuilt it! It's very nice.

I'm sorry about your beer. I know we had nothing to do with your
beer, but we feel your pain.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean, when you're going up against a crazed dictator, you want to have your friends by your side.

I realize it took more than three years before you guys pitched
in against the Kaiser and two years before you got a mad on against Hitler, but that was different. Everyone knew they had weapons......

And finally on behalf of all Canadians, I'm sorry that we're
constantly apologizing for things in a passive-aggressive sort of way, which is really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely hope that you're not upset over this.

We've seen what you do to countries with whom you get upset.

I'm Canadian. And I'm sorry.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just heard on the score that Major League Baseball has decided that during the 7th inning stretch of all MLB games this season, or at least as long as the war is on, all teams will be required to play God Bless America. Not only American teams, all teams, will have to play the song. That includes the Blue Jays and Expos. Could someone explain to me why Canadian fans are blessing America? Couldn't we just sing the hockey song instead? Or what about God save the Queen since the Brits are involved. Is someone going to sing the song here or are they going to play it over the sound system. What a joke.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard the same yesterday on the news. Un-fcukin-believable that the Skydome will be ringing with the sounds of the stars & stripes on Sunday. Moreover, aren't all baseball players Cuban?

Get ready for some sports highlight packages replaying Toronto fans booing for 3-4 minutes.

Fcuking garbage.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0