Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

War in, on and over Iraq

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canadian Troops

(CBC) - Ottawa now admits that some Canadian soldiers are in Iraq, even though Canada refused to join the U.S.-led war against Saddam Hussein.

oilers27

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those Canadian troops are on exchanges with British, and American I think, forces. They weren't sent by Canada.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everyone,

I'm not sure how everyone feels about this, but I'll post it anyhow.

Whatever your feeling may be regarding the war, I think everyone will agree that humanitarian aid is needed. Charities these days are doggy...you never know how much of every dollar is actually going towards the relief effort, vs. "overhead".

Unicef is a long-standing relief organization, impartial (as far as religion is concerned), and they have a huge organization that absorbs the overhead. Form what I can see, it is one of the best charities around that can actually see to the vast majority of donated funds being put to the intended use.

Here is a Press Release.

I'm sending a little...encouraging others to do the same.

Dude.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love this war...

The best thing to come out of this war is the fresh $80 Canadian smacks I just got from talking to a Taiwanese business woman for one hour.

She wanted to get a North American's point of view on the subject, and she certainly got MY view on things.

I was so polished, that we are meeting again tomorrow!

Yougottalovewar:rolleyes:

+SC:wa: :wa: :wa:
The above bananas represent the money that SC is making from the attacks in Iraq! :eek:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
can't help it...I guess...

Hands across America brings a new meaning to my world;)

T-Power, I guess I can't swing you to the dark side eh?

+SC:)

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
American Democracy

I love how George Bush talks about living in a democratic, uncorrupt society, when he was elected by a court of law, with help from his brother.:D Everyone agrees Saddam Hussein should not be in power. However, if the Americans truly cared about humanity, why didn't they oust the racist South African government years ago? In fact, the only country in the world that helped the oppresed people of South Africa fight against the Government was Cuba! Cuba actually sent troops to try and overthrow the government.

Any countries that are involved in a war that is not sanctioned by the UN are in my opinion terrorists. It makes you wonder if France and Germany stayed out of the war so that the citizens of their country could go to sleep peacefully at night not wondering if some child or father of a dead Iraqi citizen would come back to get revenge.

To those that say the Americans would stick up for us if we needed them, I say two things. First, they would only be helping us to to ensure there was not a hostile government on the other side of the border, not because they cared about us. If they cared about us, they wouldn't be breaking trade laws and putting Canadian workers out of jobs. Second, If your hands are clean, there is no need to wash them.

I am proud that my country made the right choice and followed International law.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The right choice......

....for the wrong reasons. Well at least not for the reasons publicly stated. Mr.Cretien says that Canada is expressing her souvereign right to choose whether to back the US., and showing our "moral fortitude" by saying we will not fight along side the US. Our not going into Iraq has more to do with the Liberals courting the center-left vote, who are very anti-war. Also, Cretien is also known to be going after a post at the UN, and what better way to do it that by siding with the UN, even though it could mean economic suicide for Canada, with the US usually holding grudges against those that oppose their policies. It also will probably mean a nice political mess for his successor to clean up, Cretien is well known for having a bit of a mean streak in him. Not send our troops to Iraq, yes it is the right move, but let us not pretend even for a moment that this is not driven by politics. Moral fortitude indeed.

lupoman:(

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
accuracy........

The Difference Between Us and Them

The British speech : (Lt.Col Tim Collins)

"If you are ferocious in battle, remember to be magnanimous in
victory, We go to liberate, not to conquer. We are entering Iraq to free a people, and the only flag that will be flown in that ancient land is their own.

Don't treat them as refugees, for they are in their own country.

If there are casualties of war, then remember, when they woke up and got dressed in the morning they did not plan to die this day. Allow them dignity in death. Bury them properly and mark their graves.

You will be shunned unless your conduct is of the highest, for your deeds will follow you down history. Iraq is steeped in history. It is the site of the Garden of Eden, of the Great Flood and the birth of Abraham. Tread lightly there."

The US speech : Vice Admiral Timothy Keating

"When the president says 'Go', look out - it's hammer time"
(followed by We Will Rock You at high volume)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Screams and Cries Echo in Hospitals
Samia Nakhoul, Reuters

BAGHDAD, 7 April 2003 — Ali Ismaeel Abbas, 12, was fast asleep when war shattered his life. A missile obliterated his home and most of his family, leaving him orphaned, badly burned and blowing off both his arms.

“It was midnight when the missile fell on us. My father, my mother and my brother died. My mother was five months pregnant,” the traumatized boy told Reuters at Baghdad’s Kindi Hospital.

“Our neighbors pulled me out and brought me here. I was unconscious,” he said yesterday.

In addition to the tragedy of losing his parents, he faces the horror of living handicapped. Thinking about his uncertain future he timidly asked whether he could get artificial arms.

“Can you help get my arms back? Do you think the doctors can get me another pair of hands?” Abbas asked. “If I don’t get a pair of hands I will commit suicide,” he said with tears spilling down his cheeks.

His aunt, three cousins and three other relatives staying with them were also killed in this week’s missile strikes on their house in Diala Bridge district east of Baghdad.

“We didn’t want war. I was scared of this war,” said Abbas. “Our house was just a poor shack, why did they want to bomb us?” said the young boy.

With a childhood lost and a future clouded by disaster and disability, Abbas poured his heart out as he lay in bed with an improvised wooden cage over his chest to stop his burned flesh touching the bed covers.

“I wanted to become an army officer when I grow up, but not anymore. Now I want to become a doctor, but how can I? I don’t have hands,” he said.

His aunt, Jamila Abbas, 53, looked after him, feeding him, washing him, comforting him with prayers and repeatedly telling him his parents had gone to heaven.

Abbas’ suffering offered one snapshot of the daily horrors afflicting Iraqi civilians in the devastating US-led war on Iraq.

At the Kindi Hospital, staff were overwhelmed by the sharp rise in casualties since US ground troops moved north to Baghdad on Thursday and intensified their aerial assault.

Ambulance after ambulance raced in with casualties from around the capital. Victim after victim was rushed in, many carried in bed sheets after the stretchers ran out. Doctors struggled to find them beds.

Staff had no time even to clean the blood from trolleys.

Patients’ screams and parents’ cries echoed across the ward.

With many staff unable to reach the hospital due to the bombing, doctors worked round the clock performing surgery, taking blood, giving injections and ferrying the wounded.

Dr. Osama Saleh Al-Duleimi, an orthopedic surgeon and assistant director at Kindi, said they were overloaded and suffering shortages of anesthesia, pain killers and staff.

The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) has been touring hospitals to provide first aid and surgery kits.

“So far hospitals had equipment and medicine to cope but were overwhelmed by the sheer number of casualties coming in at the same time.

During fierce bombardment, hospitals received up to 100 casualties per hour,” ICRC spokesman Roland Huguenin-Benjamin told Reuters.

He said hospitals were well-organized and were so far coping, but voiced concern in case the fighting dragged on.

Doctors who treated Iraqi victims of two previous wars say they are taken aback by the injuries they have seen. Most suffered massive trauma and fatal wounds, including head, abdominal and limb injuries from lethal weapons, they said.

“I’ve been a doctor for 25 years and this is the worst I’ve seen in terms of the number of casualties and fatal wounds,” said Duleimi, 48, who witnessed the 1980-88 Iran-Iraq War and the 1991 Gulf War.

“This is a disaster because they’re attacking civilians. We are receiving a lot of civilian casualties,” he added.

Washington says it has tried to minimize civilian casualties but doctors insist many of the victims are civilians caught in aerial and artillery bombardment. Hospital sources put casualties at hundreds of dead and thousands of wounded.

“This war is more destructive than all the previous wars. In the previous battles, the weapons seemed merely disabling; now they’re much more lethal,” Dr. Sadek Al-Mukhtar said.

“Before the war I did not regard America as my enemy. Now I do. There are the military and there are the civilians. War should be against the military. America is killing civilians.”

- www.aljazeera.info

The American propaganda machine will tell the world that Iraq is dropping bombs on it's own people. Iraq will say it is the US attacking civilians.

I hope American citizens don't play stupid when the children of this war grow up to be enemies of the US.

Wishful thinking...
:(

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting statistic I heard on CNN today...since the first bombing started the US and British forces have executed over 29,000 aerial sorties. For those of you without calculators, that's approx 1500 flights a day!

I think they should change the name to "Operation Iraqi redundancy".

over the top

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
american and british bullies!!!

It's been a long time since I've posted but here it goes. Why is it that Israel is left in between all these arab nations, kicking the crap out of the palestinians and they are not terrorists. In the 1980's, Ariel Sharon was considered a terrorist according to the brits, apparently he was involved in blowing up a hotel with english delegates. N. Korea has showed they have power to be a great threat to the world on a large scale and the Americans kiss their ass, they can be dealt with democratically, so they say. Iran has a nuclear plant in the makings, nothing going on there.

my point????

OIL ;)

Bush and Blair can say what they want but their propaganda will come back to haunt them in a few years when all this boils over.
Dick Cheney's company get's the contract to put the fire's out at Iraqi oil fields and the next day his company stock doubles. gimme a break. I'm not for terrorists but, what concrete evidence did the U.S. have to invade Iraq and kill soooooo many people?
there are probably more people in the U.S. with weapons of mass destruction than anywhere else in the world!!! How many Jewish people in American politics influence this and, when is Israel going to be taken care of??? the have been wiping out hundreds of people without so much as even a frown from the U.S. and the Limeys!

NO OIL IN PALESTINE!!!!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
it was my pleasure, really...

I had the opportunity to share a pub table with three Americans last night (this morning:rolleyes: ) and let me tell you...I wanted to pull out a few Bagdad specials and blow them off their seats.

They were basically chanting:

"OIL OIL OIL"

And that's all I have to say about that:rolleyes:

+SC:mad:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Of course it is about oil…the “humanitarian” angle is only a convenient excuse. Now that Saddam is supposedly dead, maybe the yanks can stop dropping bombs at the absurd rate Notty pointed out.

American supporters will point out that the US currently doesn’t get a lot of its oil from the Middle East…3%. They get 75% from Canada. That’s not the point. The US is currently in the midst of an energy crisis…they need more, much more. The Middle East has HUGE untapped reserves that the US want to have unlimited access to.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You think that's deep? Check this, and read this "Thank you" someone sent me.

Thank you America! Thank you George W. Bush! Thank you Tony Blair!
Thanks to you I am now liberated.
I have been liberated from my father
I have been liberated from my brother
I have been liberated from my mother and
I have been liberated from my soon to be brother or sister that my 5 month pregnant mother was carrying

My arms are now liberated from me
Some of the skin now liberated from my chest.

Thank you George W. Bush. Now I just can't wait to reach the age of 18 when
I can dip the stump that used to be my arms into the electoral ink to exercise my new democracy.

Thank you George W. Bush for keeping the Iraqi oil for the Iraqi people.
But since my pregnant mother, my father and my brother are now dead there
are not so many Iraqi people left so maybe you can take the extra bit thats
left as a reward for liberating me.

Thank you George W. Bush. Because the missile that killed my family and
injured me during the middle of the night was presumably one of your
precision weapons. It could have been worse because I hear you say that bad
man Saddam does not use precision weapons he uses mass destruction weapons.

Thanks to ALL the people of America who have supported this war. Since
America is a democracy where leaders listen to their people, without you
the people of America my liberation would not be possible. I know that in
the long run it would have been worse because Saddam is a dictator who does
not listen to his people. I wish I could have clapped my hands to show you how happy I am or to shake the hand of those caring American people who came together to help liberate me.

But alas all I can do is smile. So look at my face now and see me smile.

I am smiling right? That's what the reporter on CNN said.....................oh BTW did I say THANK YOU?

What do you think, Smiles?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Take your vodka, your wine and your beer and shove it up your ass

What the fcuk is this now?

I guess Putin, Chirac and Schroeder are the bestest of bum buddies now.
Fcuking at the table at a press conference whining their sorry fcuking arses off about the UN handling post Saddam Iraq.
Not that I'm against that, but do us all a favour and shut your little fcuking cakeholes.

Putin's nothing more than a little slut.
He's a typical useless Russian whore.
You sit back with your legs in the air like a Moscow mail order bride and now you fcuking comment?
Deal with your own back yard first pal.
Maybe concentrate on terrorism in your own house and work on those nerve gas anti-terrorism tactics ya useless tit.
Because it needs improvement bitch.

Oh, and Jacques:
Thanks for the support.
Ever heard of the Auld Alliance?
Probably not ya arrogant piece of shite.
Scotland, which happens to a member of the United Kingdom, has been your longest ally you've ever had I believe.
Get tae fcuk.
Oh, and psssst, remember those fcukers that steam rolled into your country about 60 years ago?
Do you remember who bailed your weak, yellow asses out after?
Exactly.

I can at least stomach Schroeder's stance.
Why?
Because they're Germans that's why.
They come by it honestly I guess.

At least Chretien is basically apologizing to a certain degree by voicing support now.
Albeit a little too late, but nonetheless supportive.

I suggest you three little girls' blouses swallow a bit of pride, insted of each other's cokcs, and rally behind the Brits and the Yanks who were the only one's that had the balls in the first place.

God bless America.
God save the Queen.

Dude: You can have your soapbox back, I'm done.

:D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0