Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

War in, on and over Iraq

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

I was starting to agree with you for a second there...
Mr. Blair should be fcuking sorting out Northern Ireland before worrying about being a puppet for Mr. Cnuting Bush.

Exactly what I was thinking, BUT then you went and got all Sinn Fein on us...
However, since the British soldiers have been beating Catholics in Norther Ireland for the last 30 years or so(excluding the last couple of years, why didn't the Yanks go in and attack fcuking England?

WHAT???:confused: REALLY???:eek:

I thought all along the Brits were there to protect innocent citizens of the United Kingdom... and possibly to stop the terrorism that the Yanks back in Boston and New York were helping to fund???:rolleyes: Now you went and threw a car bomb into this twist...

So, I guess for the last 30 years the Brits have been allowing the Irish Yanks supply Sinn Fein and the IRA with support and power while urging terms like: "Brits Out"... (This means the Brits have been the Yanks wee bitch for decades):rolleyes:

Seriously, we all have an opinion on the second Iraqi War, but your un-prevoked attack on the British for supporting and fighting along side the US troops in the free world's best interest is interesting... It hits home harder than most Canadians could possibly imagine... I guess we have our differences, but at least we are lucky enough to have parents that thought much more of us to come to Canada...

In fact difference in opinion is what makes the democratic free world such a great thing... Not for a second am I condoning killing innocent Iraqi's, but Saddam's regime quite clearly was not going to cooperate with UN officials... As far as I'm concerned proof he has nuclear and chemical weapons to hide...

Fcuking cnut needs to be hung!!!:mad: Maybe not at the expense of his people and the extensive damage currently being created in the Baghdad??? BUT, something had to be done...:(

The Fenian has some valid points, but that's only because he is still pished from Monday!!!:p

PS. Captain, just think... All we needed was Jinky to jump on board and we'd of had Fasty, Bucky, yourself and Myself all on the same page!!!:eek: That would have been a historical event...;) We could of booked a mystery machine to drive us up to Kamloops this year on a last ditch Bridges to Babalon tour???

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So, I guess for the last 30 years the Brits have been allowing the Irish Yanks supply Sinn Fein and the IRA with support and power while urging terms like: "Brits Out"...

No offense, Guinness, but it is probably best for everyone that you don't talk about something you really know very little about.

As for my analogy, it was perhaps a little misleading but the bottom line is that the Bush/U.S. picks and chooses times that are convenient. They claim to be fighting terrorism all over the world but there are numerous other terrorist organizations, who go about their business without any interference from the States. I guess North Korea will be next because no one could function in a country like that, could they? :rolleyes:

BTW, the Brits are almost out, which is tre-men-dous, so it is nice to see them join another worthwhile cause. :rolleyes:

Vive le France(sp?)

I thought all along the Brits were there to protect innocent citizens of the United Kingdom... and possibly to stop the terrorism that the Yanks back in Boston and New York were helping to fund

Protection is one thing but collusion is another thing. As for Boston and New York, where are you getting your facts? I know for a fact Vancouver was a great provider for many years. :eek:
Anyway, let's get back on topic.

Bush and Hussein are cnuts. I feel a lot better now.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having just spent two days in Portland at a Yank trade show, I can tell you the propaganda is in full swing. I’m a little tired now, but I’ll chip in, and add more later.

It really is shocking how truly uneducated the Yanks (right down to local media) are about all the issues. One of my colleagues, whom I have the utmost respect for, actually said to me that he was happy Canada is standing by their side. He was a little sheepish when I filled him in that only three countries were in the “Allied Coalition”.

I’ve been firmly on the fence regarding this particular conflict for some time now. I’m 100% supportive of having Saddam Hussein removed from power, for obvious reasons. I also think the Yanks and Puppets (Brits & Aussies) arbitrarily deciding to swat a fly with a machine gun is asinine. I am supportive of a UN resolution, achieved through popular majority vote. If that is a series of deadlines before military action, it would still be better than this. I think negotiation / threats deserved a better shot, with all the UN on one page.

I’m also sick of US media continuing to deny the oil issue isn’t relevant. Of course it is. I heard a great analogy the other day on NW…if my country was 100% dependant of peanuts bought from Fastshow’s country, and Fastshow decided not to sell me peanuts anymore, I’d force my way in to get the peanuts. There would be conflict.

Having said that, the French and German motivations are disgustingly transparent.

I’m not anti Yank by any means, but for the far right-wingers there to continue to deny the obvious (oil motivation, and political motivation for Bush…war is a nice distraction from a bombing economy…no pun intended), is laughable.

Got to go to bed now. More tomorrow. Let’s hope this war is swift in its purpose, and the bombs stop dropping as soon as possible. God help the innocent.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice one....

U.S. Missile May Have Downed British Jet
36 minutes ago

By NICOLE WINFIELD, Associated Press Writer

CAMP AS SAYLIYAH, Qatar - A U.S. Patriot missile may have shot down a British Royal Air Force plane that was reported missing near Kuwait on Sunday, U.S. and British officials said.

AP Photo

U.S. Missile May Have Downed British Plane
(AP Video)

Latest news:
· Possible Downed Pilot Sought in Baghdad
AP - 3 minutes ago
· U.S. Forces Advance Toward Baghdad
AP - 40 minutes ago
· Key Developments Concerning Iraq
AP - 44 minutes ago
Special Coverage

Group Capt. Al Lockwood, a spokesman for British forces in the Gulf, said the Tornado aircraft may have been shot down near the Kuwaiti border after returning from a mission. There was no word on the fate of the crew and no information on their numbers, he said.

"One of our aircraft recovering from operations over Kuwait, evidence is beginning to come to light that suggests it was engaged by a U.S. Patriot missile," Lockwood said.

Asked whether "engaged" meant "shot down," Lockwood said: "Evidence is pointing in that direction."

A U.S. official confirmed that a Patriot missile battery "may have engaged" the aircraft near the Kuwaiti border.

When asked why a Patriot missile would have brought down an allied plane, Lockwood noted that the missile is designed to intercept everything above it from incoming ballistic missiles to low-flying cruise missiles.

"We wish to find out just as everybody else does, the U.S. as well, why this happened. And we will be carrying out a joint investigation to determine the facts so that we can eliminate this problem forever," he said.

"You must remember is high-intensity conflict. This is war and it's not training," he added. "We will continue to do our job and see it to its finish."

Britain has sent some 45,000 military personnel to the Persian Gulf to join in the U.S.-led attack against Iraq (news - web sites). Fourteen British and eight American servicemen have been killed since the beginning of the war against Iraq.

Six British troops and a U.S. Navy (news - web sites) officer died Saturday when two British Royal Navy helicopters collided over the Persian Gulf.

Another helicopter crash Friday claimed the lives of eight British and four U.S. Marines. The CH-46 Sea Knight helicopter crashed and burned about nine miles south of the Iraqi border town of Umm Qasr. Military officials said no hostile fire was reported in the area.

Two U.S. Marines were killed in combat Friday, and another died Sunday in a grenade explosion at the 101st Airborne command center in Kuwait.

The Yanks are more dangerous to the Brits and themselves than the fcuking Iraqis. Fcuking shoc-king......

:mad:

TheFenian

Jan 19, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock

However, since the British soldiers have been beating Catholics in Norther Ireland for the last 30 years or so(excluding the last couple of years, why didn't the Yanks go in and attack fcuking England?
Captain,
I agree with you 100% with this. However, the statement should have included all first world countries. We both know that the Brits pissed all over Irish Catholics through legislation, police/ army corruption and a blind eye towards abuse issued at us. (well I'm a Dub., but still) Yet the difference between these two situations is that at no time was there a danger to anyone outside of this region. No chance for chemical/ bio weapons. Abuse, corruption yes, but a world danger No.
fenian

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ignorance......

Wow, it is amazing how many hippies are on take the piss.........

Wow indeed. I've been called a great many things but that's the first time I've been accused of being a hippy. Result.

It's actually more amazing that you're really the first person on TTP to come out and declare that the wheels of propaganda are in full swing and working for you.

As un-pc as this is (swoon), you're right, I don't give a flying fcuk about the poor old Iraqis. Are you really going to sit there and tell me you've been concerned about their plight for the past 12 years? Pull the other one. You live in Kits, right? For the record, I also care very little about those in North and South Korea, China, certain parts of the former Soviet Republic, most of the Baltic states, half the population of the Outer Hebrides, the french, germans, americans, the Portuguese, and the enitre population of Luxemburg is met with so much personal apathy I can't even be arsed to write about it.

The most revealing thing for me at the beginning of this debacle was seeing the pictures on one of our wholly impartial news broadcasts of Iraqi civilians fleeing Bagdhad and other Iraqi city-centres. The traffic was backed up for fcuking miles as they all tried to leg it into Jordan and Syria. Another question I'm sure you'll be able to answer; if we're to believe Saddam is such a nasty chappie and rules with a fist of iron, rapes babies, eats cute little Spanniel puppies for tea and would 'shave' and 'beat' anyone seen to be opposing his reign shouldn't he have had his Republican guard sorting out these very obvious dissidents?
At least stop all the men and give them a quick short back and sides. If things have always been that bad, why did it take the threat of a yank-led war to drive these people from their towns? Why didn't they fcuk off to Jordan or Syria years ago?

In no way am I saying I'd fancy immigrating to Irag and buying a nice two-up two-down semi-detached property with a view of the Euphrates but lacking the ability to at least attempt to sift through the propaganda coming out of both sides is pathetic. Bush and Blair displaying mock outrage that the Iraqis would dare put some yank POW's on their telly. 'That's against the Geneva Convention,' they cry without bothering to prove their own legal credentials in staging this war in the first place.

It's all sickening to this ageing hippy..........

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any Chance

Fastshow,

How hard is it to understand? Iraq lost a war in the 90’s and Saddam made many concessions and promised not to break them if we let him stay in power. He broke many of those concessions over the years and things should have been dealt with earlier but Clinton was a huge flake along with the U.N. Anyway Bush said enough of this BS and held the man to his word. Saddam made a deal he broke the deal now he needs to deal with U.S. How much of the deal did he have to break? Any part of it and his removal should be the outcome. I am not going to go into chemical weapons or weapons of mass destruction because we have not found those yet and it really is a moot issue because he is firing Scuds at us and he is not suppose to have those (case in point). As far as Oil goes Canadians should have nothing to say. Canada is the #1 Oil supplier to the U.S. If things are so bad why does your government keep taking our money? As far as the French go they are a total Joke. The #2 trade partner with France is Iraq not to mention all the investment they have in those burning oil fields. I hope the French loose a shite load of cash, they make me sick. Fastshow, you should remember a few things; I hope to God no one ever attacks or hurts Canada in anyway but if it should happen there is no doubt in my mind the U.S. would be the first ones in line to help and risk there lives to protect their brothers to the North. As much as you probably think everyone loves Canadians, they don’t. Try walking around the Middle East where in some country’s not being a Muslim is a huge problem and could get you killed. You just coming from a free society is a big problem over there. I was reading the Sun today and many articles had the Iraqi people supporting the overthrow of the Iraqi regime. Again, this was a Canadian Paper so it must be the propaganda machine rolling right? Fastshow, sit back and enjoy the B.C. bud watching CNN but at the end of the day it is always better to have a backbone.

Cheers,

Smiles

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
boring........

Smiles,

Apparently I find it all increasingly more difficult to understand. I yearn for the kind of insight and enlightenment you and your esteemed president clearly possess.

Iraq lost a war in the 90’s....

That's the first contentious thing in your post but apparently undebateable given the huge amounts of evidence the yanks undoubtedly have for kicking off a war they couldn't finish the first time. Good one.

Saddam made many concessions and promised not to break them if we let him stay in power.

That was kind of you to allow Public Enemy #1 to stay in power, your charity is overwhelming. Twelve years on and after the atrocities of the 11th of September 2001, he's now once again the most evil man since well, the first time he was the most evil man in the world, and he must be stopped at all costs in the best interest of the Iraqi people. Because this war is, after all, the greatest humanitarian effort the USofA have been involved in since the last one Hollywood made a film about. Choose between Saving Private Ryan and Good Morning Vietnam. Florence Nightingale will be twisting in her grave.

The North Koreans are being naughty with their 'weapons of mass destruction', once your mob's finished saving the world in the Middle East will the naughty Koreans be made to see the error in their evil ways and face American justice? Think of the poor old North Koreans who have to contend with a life without a McDonald's and Blockbuster on every corner. Rumour has it they don't even have Dairy Queen over there either. And they eat dogs. 'We' don't eat dogs. They must be stopped.

As far as Oil goes Canadians should have nothing to say. Canada is the #1 Oil supplier to the U.S. If things are so bad why does your government keep taking our money?

Of course you're right, Canadians should have nothing to say. Opinions are wrong particularly if they differ from the correct opinion spun by the greatest democracy the world has ever known in the USofA. Canada is the #1 oil supplier to the US? Is it really? Canadians should bow down and thank their far superior southern brethren for so poorly mismanaging their own resources and depending on the lowly Canucks to help them along. I agree, Canada should provide things like oil, water, and timber for nothing out of deference to the yanks and for being privileged enough to be able to share her borders. Fcuking Canadians, eh?

As far as the French go they are a total Joke. The #2 trade partner with France is Iraq not to mention all the investment they have in those burning oil fields. I hope the French loose a shite load of cash, they make me sick.

This bit is wonderfully revealing. Excellent. I thought this war was for humanitarian purposes? I thought this war was to save the poor hen-pecked Iraqi people from the most evil man since you lot couldn't find the last evil man in his fortified cave bolthold. Your suggestion that France might lose out economically leads me to think that it's all about money. This might come as a broadside to you but, and forgive me for writing something that might even start a revolution in your part of the world, perhaps there's more to life than money? Christ, imagine the implications were that the case. I'm just being silly now, life's all about material gain and possessions, of course you're right.

I hope to God no one ever attacks or hurts Canada in anyway...

So do I, mate, but can you enlighten me on the last time 'anyone' attacked or hurt Canada in 'anyway'? Why's that, then? Take your time on that one, I'm quite sure you've got more pressing things to worry about. You should have.

As much as you probably think everyone loves Canadians, they don’t. Try walking around the Middle East where in some country’s not being a Muslim is a huge problem and could get you killed. You just coming from a free society is a big problem over there.

You've completely battered my perception of Canadians now. I thought wherever a Canadian went in the world he would be greeted with a national holiday and free food and wine for the rest of his stay. I won't take you up on your very kind offer of having a wander 'round the Middle East if it's all the same to you. I've never had any desire to go there. I'd far prefer to stay in a far more civilised and Westernised country like the US which embraces all ethnicites and religions with the same amount of understanding, interest, and compassion. On the 11th of September 2001, the Saudi terrorists didn't target anywhere else in the world, they targeted New York. That's in America, I think. It must have been a terrorist oversight that similar atrocities weren't carried out in Ottawa, London, Paris, and Berlin. Canadians are far more welcome anywhere in the world when compared to their unwashed heathen southern nuisance neighbours. My Dad's bigger than your Dad.

Fastshow, sit back and enjoy the B.C. bud watching CNN but at the end of the day it is always better to have a backbone.

This coming from someone who lives within the only country in the history of the world to use atomic weapons. Backbone. You lot loved them so much once wasn't enough. Obliterating entire cities is brave, noble, and what the rest of us impoverished non-Americans should, quite obviously, aspire to.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Three Stooges!!!

Can you say bad karma!!!

With all the miss haps and accidents happening in Iraq...Sadams forces won't have to fire a single bullet. The yanks and Brits seem to kill themselves!

Can't you see it? Three stooges running into each other, bonking heads, tripping over themselves and poking each other in the eye!

Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk...Wub-wub-wub-wub-wub!!!:rolleyes:

Smiles

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For Slowshow

All the rhetoric on whether or not we should go to war against Iraq
> > has got my insane little brain spinning like a roulette wheel. I
> > enjoy reading opinions from both sides, but I have detected a hint
> > of confusion from some of you.
> >
> > As I was reading the paper recently, I was reminded of the best
> > advice someone ever gave me. He told me about the KISS method ("Keep

> > it Simple, Stupid"). So, with this as a theme, I'd like to apply
> > this theory for those who don't quite get it. My hope is that we
> > can simplify things a bit and recognize a few important facts.
> >
> > Here are 10 things to consider when voicing an opinion on this
> > important
> > issue:
> >
> > 1) President Bush and Saddam Hussein.....Hussein is the bad guy.
> >
> > 2) If you have faith in the United Nations to do the right thing,
> > keep this in mind. They have Libya heading the Committee on Human
> > Rights and Iraq heading the Global Disarmament Committee. Do your
> > own math here.
> >
> > 3) If you use Google Search and type in "French Military Victories,"
>your
> > reply will be "Did you mean French Military Defeats?"
> >
> > 4) If your only anti-war slogan is "No war for oil," sue your school

> > district for allowing you to slip through the cracks and robbing
> > you of the education you deserve.
> >
> > 5) Saddam and Bin Laden will not seek United Nations approval before
>they
> > try to kill us.
> >
> > 6) Despite what some seem to believe, Martin Sheen is NOT the
> > President. He plays one on T.V.
> >
> > 7) Even if you are anti-war, you are still an "Infidel" and Bin
> > Laden wants you dead, too.
> >
> > 8) If you believe in a "vast right-wing conspiracy," but not in the
>danger
> > that Hussein poses, quit hanging out with the Dell computer dude.
> >
> > 9) We are not trying to liberate them.
> >
> > 10) Whether you are for military action, or against it, our young
> > men
>and
> > women overseas are fighting for us to defend our right to speak out.

> > We all need to support them without reservation.
> >
> > I hope this helps.

Got this from a friend.

Cheers,

Smiles

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smiles

While I applaud your mindless devotion to the big head that is the all knowing and all seeing GW Bush, I wonder at the wisdom of it. Perhaps I am just a bit of a cynic when it comes to things ike that. With respect to your check list, I agree on a few points, but must disagree on a few as well, as follows:

1) President Bush and Saddam Hussein.....Hussein is the bad guy.
> >

1.) I agree, Hussein is a bad guy

> > 2) If you have faith in the United Nations to do the right thing,
> > keep this in mind. They have Libya heading the Committee on Human
> > Rights and Iraq heading the Global Disarmament Committee. Do your
> > own math here.

Its a comittee Like anything ever gets done anyway....

> >
> > 3) If you use Google Search and type in "French Military Victories,"
>your
> > reply will be "Did you mean French Military Defeats?"

1 word Napolean.

> >
> > 4) If your only anti-war slogan is "No war for oil," sue your school district for allowing you to slip through the cracks and robbing you of the education you deserve.

why would I want to sue my school district? They have no money, and anything I took from them through said suit would just make them have less money, and so be less effective at teaching today's youth.
But I guess Id have money, so fcuk 'em

> >
> > 5) Saddam and Bin Laden will not seek United Nations approval before
>they
> > try to kill us.

Well, I guess 2 wrongs do make a right. My dear old ma was wrong. She will be so disappointed when I tell her
> >
> > 6) Despite what some seem to believe, Martin Sheen is NOT the
> > President. He plays one on T.V.

I agree here as well.
> >
> > 7) Even if you are anti-war, you are still an "Infidel" and Bin
> > Laden wants you dead, too.

Osama wants all non muslims dead? Even the Suiss? Did he put out a policy paper somewhere that announced this? I thought he just wanted the west out of the middle east.

> >
> > 8) If you believe in a "vast right-wing conspiracy," but not in the
>danger
> > that Hussein poses, quit hanging out with the Dell computer dude.

Are the two mutually exclusive?

> >
> > 9) We are not trying to liberate them.

Then what are you trying to do?

> >
> > 10) Whether you are for military action, or against it, our young
> > men
>and
> > women overseas are fighting for us to defend our right to speak out.

> > We all need to support them without reservation.

2 words : My Lai should we have supported that as well ?

Im not anti american, but I refuse to blindly follow anyone. Just because you hear something on TV doesnt make it true

but then what the hell do I know

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gamblers Place Wagers on Saddam's Demise
Mon Mar 24,11:20 AM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Philip Klein

NEW YORK (Reuters) - While pundits around the globe speculated on the fate of Saddam Hussein (news - web sites), others were putting money on it.

Offering wagers on the outcome of the war in Iraq (news - web sites) has been scorned as distasteful by major bookmakers from London to Las Vegas, but several Web sites are giving gamblers the opportunity to put money on whether Saddam will survive.

On the Web site Tradesports.com, people can buy contracts for $10 on future events, such as the Academy Awards (news - web sites), and trade them.

On Friday, as rumors swirled through financial markets that Saddam had been killed, futures reflecting the chance that Saddam would not be leader of Iraq by the end of March rose to 79 percent, from 65 percent earlier in the day, and from about 20 percent earlier this month, according to Tradesports.com.

"The majority of our people come from the financial and trading community and they use the very same skills they use in their day jobs," Tradesports.com Chief Executive John Delaney said. Gamblers have traded over $1 million in contracts on Saddam's fate since the proposition was posted in September, he said.

This makes it the second most-traded item, after U.S. college basketball's championship tournament, traditionally one of the most popular bets of the year. The site also offers contracts on politics, economic news and financial market performance.

Delaney said he does not believe it is distasteful to offer a wager on Hussein's fate, but said he would not post contracts on such things as the number of war casualties.

"We've gotten requests that we wouldn't consider listing," he said, while declining to be more specific.

Other gaming companies said they won't touch Iraq.

"This is far too serious and involves the loss of lives and, therefore, shouldn't be seen as a trivial or sporting event," said Alan Feldman, a spokesman for MGM Mirage, the second-largest casino operator in the United States.

Warren Lush, a spokesman for London-based Ladbrokes Ltd said, "We constantly get inquiries, I have to admit, but it's something we won't do and never have done."

Eddie King, a spokesman for Costa Rica-based Betonsports.com said they have taken about $300,000 in bets relating to Iraq, most for $5 or $10 and the highest for $500. That compares with the $200 million the Web site expects to take in from this month's college basketball tournament.

Visitors to the site could place bets on a variety of propositions, such as whether Saddam would be dead or exiled by the end of June and when ground troops would move into Iraq.

"These are questions we ask each other at breakfast, lunch and dinner, on the street or hanging out at the office, now people have the option to bet on it," King said, adding that the bets were only offered at the request of customers

Some people will bet on anything. Surprisingly, there are no odds on Willhill.

:rolleyes:

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
farce........

This news coverage of the war is so over-the-top it beggars belief. Since the last so-called 'conflict' in Iraq, reality t.v. has reared it's ridiculous head and this is merely the latest example. 'Tune in tonight to see if G.I. Joe stays in or whether he's voted out in a body bag.' Sick.

The yank and British stations have amassed a veritable army of reporters, commentators, and retired army pundits (colour guys) to cover this invasion and, for the most part, they spend their time repeating idle speculation until they've convinced themselves they're actually reporting before quickly forgetting about it once it turns out to have been a load of bollocks.

With their satellite links, video phones and computer jiggery-pokery the allied networks have put on a truly 'awesome and shocking' display (shock and awe, shock and awe) of televisual pyrotechnics while all Iraqi telly can do is show us pictures of Baghdad’s citizens cunningly armed to the teeth with..........teeth and a dishevelled Saddam Hussein in his comedy spectacles insisting that everything is going to plan and that victory is just around the corner. All of which simply confirms that Iraq's weapons of mass deception are simply no match for our own.

Last night Iraqi t.v. showed pictures of a stunned looking captured yank 'technician' who, when asked if he was there to kill Iraqis, looked positively mortified and exclaimed, 'No way, I'm here to fix broke stuff.' I so desperately wanted to believe he might have been being refreshingly ironic but found myself feeling sorry for his sister back home in Shitkickersville, East Dakota. How will she break the news of her husband's capture to the children?

The news wasn't all bad last night, however. Those disgraceful and un-American cynics who've been telling us for months that this war is all about oil were shown up for the scoundrels they are as one reporter after another made it clear where the true priorities of Britain and the yanks lie. 'The marines are protecting the oil fields' said the one in Kuwait, while the one at Camp Coyote (how gay is that?) told us that, 'operations are going well.....the oil pipeline feeding the Gulf has been secured, while another in southern Iraq informed us grimly that, 'the idea was to get to the refineries, but they've been torched.'

The best bit was left to the end of last night's coverage when a dour looking fcukwit full of his own self-importance said sombrely, 'Iraqis have nothing to challenge these tanks.' He didn't have the nous to point out that the fcuking UN has been quietly eliminating almost all Saddam's most dangerous weaponry over the past decade.

Still, at least Bin Laden has, for the most part, been totally forgotten by the short-attention spanned masses and his niece can get on with forging her career in pop music. You couldn't fcuking make it up.

Got this from a friend.

Cheers,

Fastshow.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great fcuking stuff, Fasty. I would like to nominate your last three posts for your own prestigious award. Well done. BTW, I totally agree with everything you said. Tre-men-dous.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe George Bush when he says this conflict is about preserving 'the west's' way of life. Not in the sense, though, that they are trying to preserve freedom, democracy and the right to free speech. They (the yanks and brits) are trying to preserve their standing as the wealthiest and most powerful nations on the planet. Both the U.S. and Britain have established themselves as such already. But we must look in to the future and plan ahead. Iraq has massive untapped oil reserves. Reserves which may even rival that of Saudi Arabia. For various reasons (including U.N. sanctions) they have exploited only ten percent of these reserves thus far. Access to these resources would benefit in the billions and billions and billions of dollars. And we are not just talking about direct profits from oil sales. The contracts alone to bring the neglected oil fields up to date would be about ten billion dollars. Let's say America succeeds in 'liberating Iraq'. Several U.S. companies as well as the government then pour ten billion dollars into repairing the oil fields (companies which, by the way, have been invested in by scads of american politicians including you-know-who). Does anyone really think the Americans, after heroically 'liberating Iraq' and repairing their oil fields, will just leave without any claim to or control of the resources there? If the U.S. and Britain can obtain some sort of control over the reserves then they can establish a future foundation for the prosperity of their countries (as well as enough fuel to power them for many years). Hey, oil and money make the world go 'round. No wonder the people of the MIddle East are pissed off. If they could tap those resources (without Saddam) then they could increase their own prosperity. But the yanks are capitalists extraordinaire. They have seen the opportunity (as has Britain) and they are going for it. Man, what an opportunity for the yanks. They can get ahold of the thing they've been drooling over for years now and they have all kinds of propaganda they can use to justify it. So yes, it is about preserving our way of life. We will all have nice cars, houses, toys etc for years to come. Of course, people are going to die so that we can live this way but at least we'll have Britney Spears, Ford Explorers and white picket fences. Their might also just be a little resentment to our way of living from the rest of the world.

The reason the French are acting so righteous is the fact that they have numerous contracts already in place with Saddam to exploit the oil reserves once the sanctions are lifted. These contracts are obviously not worth the paper they are written on if Saddam is removed and the U.S. has control. As for Russia? Well, Saddam just happens to owe Russia a few billion dollars and they ain't gonna get it if he ain't around. Once again, it's all about money. It's got nothing to do with 'what is right' as all the countries involved would have us believe.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0