Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL rumours and various scuttlebutt

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is b.s.

But then again it would be ridiculous to be playing into the summer too.

If they don't allow all teams to participate they should give a refund or a discount on next year's fees. Cup is big for a lot of teams.

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Midweek games are the way to go. It's not ideal but at least we have the option of playing.

I know the weather has been brutal but I feel like there have been a couple weeks where we could have played and the game was still cancelled...

Now this weekend is looking pretty grim too.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sixfy,

Historically, any div 1 team and Premier team could sign up for the Cup. The majority of Div 1 teams would enter the Imperial, with a few bottom teams entering the Div 1 Cup.

You always get a few darkhorse Div 1 teams pulling a upset, as well as some close games.

Once again crap if that goes ahead.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The league's schedule, given the time of year it begins, is very ambitious considering it is at the mercy of the 'WetCoast' weather. Most years see Cup games and some make up games being played beyond Mar31st, the official end to Fall/Winter season. The solution is to add more midweek games and scoop up as many Turf openings as makes sense to take the pressure off and more importantly, do this earlier in the season. Cup play could begin in late October.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB;

How I read the league notice is that 16 teams per cup is the best case scenario.

If the weather gets worse they will re-evaluate and REDUCE the number of eligible teams.

Sidewinder

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with sidewinder in how it reads.

My club may transfer our whole 2C squad to our CAT league team so we can play in the cup. We have nothing to play for in the leage at this point and have been trying things out and working on various things since october to help our cup run. We don't qualify under the new system but our CAt team would. Guess who is playing the cup games if this is the way it goes down.

Billy boy

Sep 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
I agree with sidewinder in how it reads.

My club may transfer our whole 2C squad to our CAT league team so we can play in the cup. We have nothing to play for in the leage at this point and have been trying things out and working on various things since october to help our cup run. We don't qualify under the new system but our CAt team would. Guess who is playing the cup games if this is the way it goes down.

Blaze, I haven't read said letter yet, (inspector) do you think it is the top two teams only from each Cat Side and the top four from div 2 a,b, and c, creating 16 teams?

Billy Boy

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Blaze;

At $15 a pop you might be wasting your money with transfers. If the snow stays and you can,t get your makeup games in you are in 3rd place and won't qualify for the cup. If more games are postponed they might cut cat teams out completely as they have for those poor bastards in div.1 cat!

Sidewinder [our div. 1 team is also screwed with so many make up games left]

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Billy boy said:
Blaze, I haven't read said letter yet, (inspector) do you think it is the top two teams only from each Cat Side and the top four from div 2 a,b, and c, creating 16 teams?

Billy Boy

I've seen the letter, and that is accurate. I guess our cup run will have to wait until next year! We still have plenty of soccer left to play though (9 games) in regular league, so it's not that big of a loss.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy
PHP:
My club may transfer our whole 2C squad to our CAT league team so we can play in the cup.

What a great TEAM organization you have there. I'm sure the Cat players would be really excited about having the whole 2C team being transferred for the playoffs. What do they(Cat team) get to play for if that where to happen? Oh I know maybe they can play each other for starting postions on next year's Cat team!:rolleyes:

aekara

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
BlazeArmy
PHP:
My club may transfer our whole 2C squad to our CAT league team so we can play in the cup.

What a great TEAM organization you have there. I'm sure the Cat players would be really excited about having the whole 2C team being transferred for the playoffs. What do they(Cat team) get to play for if that where to happen? Oh I know maybe they can play each other for starting postions on next year's Cat team!:rolleyes:

CAT gets no respect... no respect :rolleyes:

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Billy boy said:
Billy Boy

Yes.

The plan is to move 6 or 7 guys over to the CAT squad.

What a great TEAM organization you have there. I'm sure the Cat players would be really excited about having the whole 2C team being transferred for the playoffs. What do they(Cat team) get to play for if that where to happen?

We have a club organization not a team organization. Our CAT players have always understood that the club always comes first, we play for the club and not the team.

We have a squad of 13 or 14 CAT guys who are joined by a few club guys working themselves into shape or coming off injuries when we play. Some of the CAT guys move up and play in the Club games when numbers are low.

I play mostly for the CAT team, i am not hurt at all by the fact that i probably won't play if their is a cup run. Just like i am not hurt by the fact that i don't play for our club team unless forced to. I realize it is more important that i run the sidelines and keep us organized then play.

Our members support the the other teams in their club when they are not playing. Our CAT, U21, Club and Womens teams always have support from people off the various other teams at their home games at least.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard from a guy, who knows a girl, who slept with the cousin of this other's guys firend that ACBC has bought themselves a spot in the VMSL Premier?!?!

Could be rubbish, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps Slurrey U. traded them spots. Slurrey U back to the FVSL and ACBC to the VMSL to get relegated first year.

How much does a Premier spot cost and who is selling?

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Premier Teams 08/09 Season

West Van FC
ICSF Inter
Columbus-Clan FC
Firefighters FC
Delta Metro Blaze
Sporting Club
Croatia SC
Surrey United 'A'
Coq.Metro-Ford 'A'
Norvan Eagles
Westside FC 'A'
Club Ireland

Club I/Delta are my two candidates for selling their spot.... That's if anyone actually did.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's sure as shite not Club I. They've been grinding it out for like 12 years just to get back!

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would assume Sporting hasn't either..... and I'm pretty sure we didnt' sell ours..... So.... 9 more teams to choose from......

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought ACBC bought the AFC Leopards spot? Maybe they didn't realize that they were relegated and thought they bought a prem spot? Might explain the supposed $8000 price tag.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0