Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL rumours and various scuttlebutt

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard a rumor yesterday that the VMSL is not using everyone's favourite referee (Mauricio) to do any VMSL game anymore. Has anyone else heard this or has anyone had him yet this year?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mauricio is in disguise. He goes by the name "Miroslav". He's a little taller and leaner, but way worse now than ever. Just you wait and see. Piece of crap ref, really.:(

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
Mauricio is in disguise. He goes by the name "Miroslav". He's a little taller and leaner, but way worse now than ever. Just you wait and see. Piece of crap ref, really.:(
At least Miro gives a guy a warning before the second yellow for dissent, or at least he did last week. Funny that he's brave enough to give a second yellow for dissent but not brave enough to give a PK when it was warranted.
Another difference between Miro and Mauricio is that Miro doesn't insult players and swear at them.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Miro is underrated as a ref. He had a very good game in a tough match between Metro Ford and Inter early in the year.

Dealing with him is really simple, don't talk back. The same goes for Rene. Teams get in trouble when they yap at them. :cool:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FRANCIS said:
Heard a rumor yesterday that the VMSL is not using everyone's favourite referee (Mauricio) to do any VMSL game anymore. Has anyone else heard this or has anyone had him yet this year?
Maybe this is why...He's too good for us. Regs, don't know know this Simon guy from some place? :D

RA MEMBERS APPOINTED TO US v DENMARK FRIENDLY
Congratulations to members Mauricio Navarro and Simon Fearn on their appointment to the January 20,2007 international friendly featuring the Danish National Team and the home US side. Hector Vergara of Winnipeg is the other member of the officiating crew.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Simon Fearn is a big no no as far as I'm concerned :mad: I don't think Sandman is fond of him either.

He's an Inter supporter to boot.

Probably.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
word in the world is sapperton are going to have steve millar transfered reall soon!

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is WAB going to bring his kit out of retirment for old thriller, well at least the shorts.

It must have something to do with carpooling with Corey and Woody?

Sap to repeat in 2007.

hos

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is more for various scuttlebut but I heard the word out of Van Olympics is that they won't be training twice aweek over the xmas holidays. Instead they are trying a different approach and will not be practicing at all. They will take the oppurtunity to spend Christmas with family and friends, and drink and be merry! With the new year fast approaching, they are hoping to start the new year off on winning ways. They would also like to extend their Christmas wishes to all the premier teams and remind everyone NOT to drink and drive. Except for Inter who they hope that for all those invovled with this organization gets a lump of coal.:D

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just asked Millar about the Sapperton rumour, he has never talked to Sapperton about playing there. So he would like to thank Sid for starting a rumour about him. Once again Sid's on crack.

Millar did say he would like to borrow HOS's gloves because they must be brand new. He hasn't got his hands on a shot since 2001.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sometimes these things just get out of control don't they?

Demo, you know how these rumours mills work.... It's starts off as one thing and by the time it gets to the lowest common denominator, sid, Inter, you know they kind... the rumour is something totally different from what it was when it started out.

What it is, is we're trying to dump Millar to Sapperton. WAB has given up and said he may as well hit rock bottom before re-building. He also has a collection of slightly used studs and a team bag with a broken zipper we're very interesting in as a trade.

Skanky CDMTC Blonde

May 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Conductor said:
They would also like to extend their Christmas wishes to all the premier teams and remind everyone NOT to drink and drive. Except for Inter who they hope that for all those invovled with this organization gets a lump of coal.:D

Well!!

That is not very Christmasy now is it!?

Get with the season Mr Train Conductor!

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Romour has it that Inter has a HUGE new signing from the US college system. Not sure where he's from, or who he is. Most likely another high maintenance JERK. You know how these types like to stick together. Apparently he's quite the solid player. Oranje or Ankle Breaker, can you confirm this rumour? Who is this massive signing I've heard about?

Sopes

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brent Sopel said:
Romour has it that Inter has a HUGE new signing from the US college system. Not sure where he's from, or who he is. Most likely another high maintenance JERK. You know how these types like to stick together. Apparently he's quite the solid player. Oranje or Ankle Breaker, can you confirm this rumour? Who is this massive signing I've heard about?

Sopes

Why on earth would I know anything about that team? What does Inter think it is, importing kids from the USA; the Whitecaps? As for being a solid player, that will be a first for these prima donnas. I understand the new boy is about 5' tall and is built like Maradona. What does Inter have to do to get some height on this team?

Stupdkid

Oct 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure where to post this but rumour is that the VMSL is reducing the number of teams in the imperial cup to 16. All 14 premier teams and the top team from each div1 side. Just curious if anyone has anymore info on this and if they will take in to account the amount of games played in div 1 at the time they make their decision?

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is only if the weather doesnt' get better and more fields come available. I received teh email last night and in the next couple of weeks tehy will make a decision. From the looks of things:

Imperial Cup : All 14 Premier teams and top Division 1 team on each side.

Div 1 : will have remaining teams ( no cat teams will be in this cup)

Div 2 : 4 teams from each division A,B,C, and Cat.

All based on Standings. Then if the weather gets better..:rolleyes: They will do a full schedule, but unlikely since there is more snow on teh way.....

Werd

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcku that.

Every team in this league pays league fees, etc.

There is no way any team shoud be left out of the cup. Maybe the league should start the cup play earlier, like other leagues.

I can understand restricting the Imperial Cup, but all the other divisions should allow all the teams to enter their respective cups. If the games don't finish for the Div 1 cup, then blame it on bad weather. Not letting teams into cup play, teams that have all payed, is a joke in my opinion.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Historically, how many teams have been permitted to play in the imperial?

I will be completely fcuking gutted to not play in the cup. We have lost only 1 game this season, but are in 2nd place in the division since we have played 2 less games than Punjab. In fact, it would be terrible if Punjab were also excluded from the cup... they are a very good side. The same can be said for Serbia and Lobbans.

I'm sure most teams wouldn't mind some midweek Cup or makeup games to play "catch up"...

Bueller

Bueller

Bueller

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0