Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Referee Thread

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes I am an attention whore!!!:D

Just thought I would put this out there and see where it goes. A thread where officials can give there take on the games they've done that week, as well as a place for players, managers, fans etc to vent about their referees.

Friday night:

Premier Masters

Richmond vs Cliff at Minoru. A terrible night weather wise. Cliff battled really well despite going down to 10 men through injury in the openng minutes of the second half. 11 players out total for them! :eek: Captain was his silky smooth self gliding up and down the left flank, and Mario definitely stole a point for Cliff. Jimmy Holiday playing on 1/2 a hamstring combined was inspirational!!!

Sunday 12pm:

Div2 Masters :eek:

GFC C-men:rolleyes: vs Rainforest FC at Quilchena. 3-3 tie in what should have been a piss take for Rainforest given that Chris Franks plays for them.:confused: Scott Rintoul wins the try hard award for Rainforest, yes that Scott Rintoul. Nuff said

Sunday 5pm:

U-21

Metro Ford vs Westside. A surprisingly good game given the gap in the standings. Metro Ford proving to be too much for a game Westside. Easy to see why they are top of the table.

Waiting with bated breath for responses!:rolleyes:

Capt, Walks???

Buehler???

:bronco:

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was sort of hoping for the ref's reflective self evaluation thread. Hell, if a player knows when he plays like shite, a ref must know when they have stank it up . . .

Let's hear about games where your botch affected the outcome of the game!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the Westside-MF U21 game and you had a good one Bronco! My son was the central defender for Westside who got into it a little with their striker. It was entertaining soccer with some great touch and effort all over the field.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks, I have a referree's type post (since you are a referee last time I checked).

Pint bet on Chelse ve MU coming up?

Sir M.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Peter. I thought the Westside kids battled well, and had they not surrendered a goal in the first seconds of the second half, the result may have been different.

BJB: You're a communist pig

Walks: didn't know you were on the shelf, hope you get better soon, and see you at the pitch!;)

:bronco:

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks, I have a referree's type post (since you are a referee last time I checked).

Pint bet on Chelse ve MU coming up?

Sir M.

Some may disagree with me being a referee ..... well, a decent one anyways ;)

A pint on the Chelsea / United game ?? Absolutely mate ...... I think we'll be in very tough Sunday as Chelsea are by far the class of the Premiership but a pint nonetheless, it is.

Bronco ...... broken fibula at the end of May. Tripped over the centre circle ;)

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn my last post has nothing to do with this thread......

let me add to it then....

your a shite ref.... ;) :bronco::knvb::wa:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco, can I give you reports from Richmond games? Apparently, you're getting all my games now because I didn't get a match report in on time 3 weeks ago. I guess I'm not good enough for the VMSL anymore. That's okay though. It appears there are many outstanding refs out there now. It looks like I have been thrown out of the 'group'. Oh well, I will stick to reffing in Richmond for now. I have a big one tomorrow night with a rematch of the Provincial 'B' final. All-Blacks and Dragons at King George.

I reffed 3 coed indoor games last night. Some good 'footballs' on display.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, that is too bad as you are one of the better refs IMO.

Listen to this. On 1:0 for the other team, their forward shoots the ball, and our player plays it with hand on purpose, preventing the ball to go into the net. Ref decides that it is a goal (even though the ball never crossed the line), but does not card our player (neither yellow nor red card). When we complain that our player should be given a red card, but that the goal should not count (rather - the other team gets penalty shot), in our protest he decided to throw our coach and another player out of the game.

Please tell me is there anywhere rule that allows referees to do this (talking about the
g iving the goal to te other team)?

Soccer Mom

Nov 30, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Listen to this. On 1:0 for the other team, their forward shoots the ball, and our player plays it with hand on purpose, preventing the ball to go into the net. Ref decides that it is a goal (even though the ball never crossed the line), but does not card our player (neither yellow nor red card). When we complain that our player should be given a red card, but that the goal should not count (rather - the other team gets penalty shot), in our protest he decided to throw our coach and another player out of the game.

Please tell me is there anywhere rule that allows referees to do this (talking about the

Depends if the ref (from his point of view of course ;) ) decided the ball had crossed the goal line or not. If in his or her mind it did, he was correct to award a goal, and kick your dumbasses out for bitching (offensive and abusive language presumably). You are unclear as to whether it was a close call or not. If it clearly did not cross the line, then wow, shocking. Then yes, the correct decision in that case should have been a red card to your player and a PK awarded.

Captain: Shame my friend, you're top notch compared most of the refs we've had for both our CAT team and div.2 team. S. Sinclair hasn't had any luck getting in with the VMSL at all. I guess they've got a surplus of refs....though I don't understand why they wouldn't welcome new, fit refs, even for just a couple games a month.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

That sounds about as good as a ref we had in our womens' game two weeks ago. While standing inside the center circle AND looking right into the sun with his right hand trying to cover his eyes, the 84 year-old decided to call our goalie for handling the ball outside the 18 yard-box.....while PUNTING the ball from her hands. Our coach was tossed out for protesting his ridiculous call. It is mind boggling at times to watch some of the refs in action........they make rules up as they go along. I see it while coaching all the time in the high school and womens' games. :(

I guess I'm too old for the VMSL now but it was a good run. :D :rolleyes: Damn paper work always got the best of me.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div2 Masters :eek:

GFC C-men:rolleyes: vs Rainforest FC at Quilchena. 3-3 tie in what should have been a piss take for Rainforest given that Chris Franks plays for them.:confused: Scott Rintoul wins the try hard award for Rainforest, yes that Scott Rintoul. Nuff said:bronco:

Hilarious...I actually caught this game as I have a number of friends on Rainforest. A team assembled to have a good time only...although I also think they plan on luring some other top calibre players to come over in the future. Chris Franks on a div 2 Masters team is funny to watch. They already have a few ex-university varsity guys now in their 40's but the supporting cast isn't very supportive :)

Bronco was shocking as always.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bronco, can I give you reports from Richmond games? Apparently, you're getting all my games now because I didn't get a match report in on time 3 weeks ago. I guess I'm not good enough for the VMSL anymore. That's okay though. It appears there are many outstanding refs out there now. It looks like I have been thrown out of the 'group'. Oh well, I will stick to reffing in Richmond for now. I have a big one tomorrow night with a rematch of the Provincial 'B' final. All-Blacks and Dragons at King George.

I reffed 3 coed indoor games last night. Some good 'footballs' on display.

ANGELO i hope you read this thread The Captain is a excellent ref very fair to the players during the game he calls are top notch. please reinstate him imo any teams that get should be glad he is reffing there game.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0