Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Referee Thread

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I feel bad for the ref we had last night in our CAT game. After the game some idiot from Norvan Saints started mocking him in a fake asian accent. (the ref I think is Japanese)

Surprisingly he only gave the guy a yellow. That team should be ashamed, and should just tell the player to stay home next week.

WHAT? Jeez, that is some real low class stuff. Disgusting really.

Rooney is actually fit, can follow the play and does a good job reffing in my opinion...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ladner Rangers 0 Meralomas 2

An absolute gem to ref. No bitching..........guys helping each other up after fouls......the odd gripe with a throw-in one way or the other.......NO CAUTIONS. Funny how that works. Meralomas seemed to have changed from the last couple of years in terms of their reactions to calls not going their ways which is great. :) Overall, it was a fun game to ref on a miserable night. Well done to both teams.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I understand that this is a VMSL thread but referee K. Graeme from the Richmond League really lost his rag on Friday night, verbally abusing a downed player who blatantly fouled. When asked why there wasn't simply a yellow (or foul) handed out, he proceeded to f-bomb the hell out of anyone who tried to speak to him. I lost a huge amount of respect for him that night.

Pacific2010

Sep 13, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuna said:
When asked why there wasn't simply a yellow (or foul) handed out, he proceeded to f-bomb the hell out of anyone who tried to speak to him.

Good for him :D:D

Tuna said:
I lost a huge amount of respect for him that night.

Well then next game you will respect him very much or else :D:D

Pac2010

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friday Burnaby Lake Turf
Masters Premier
PCOV vs West Van

A fun game to do, given that I played with or against 75% of the guys on thre field. West Van dominated much of the early play, andd were fairly unlucky not to be up more than 1 at the half. Freddy with a nice finish.

Batista came on for PCOV late in the first half and that seemed to turn the tide a bit in terms of posession if not scoriing chances.

The second half saw PCOV start to take over the game and created some good stuff going forward. The teams exchanged some chances and PVOV tied it up with 10 to go off of a free kick. Suprising that WV were beaten in the air on the cross given who they sport in the back line.

All in all, a fair result. Some good stuff played on a cold night, and a slick surface. Besty was brilliant on the flag! ;)

Last nght:mad:
Cat B:mad:
GN sporting vs Bombastic

Cold, wet, Delta!!!!:mad:
Clearly I've pissed someone off!!:rolleyes:

bican

Dec 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, that is too bad as you are one of the better refs IMO.

Listen to this. On 1:0 for the other team, their forward shoots the ball, and our player plays it with hand on purpose, preventing the ball to go into the net. Ref decides that it is a goal (even though the ball never crossed the line), but does not card our player (neither yellow nor red card). When we complain that our player should be given a red card, but that the goal should not count (rather - the other team gets penalty shot), in our protest he decided to throw our coach and another player out of the game.

Please tell me is there anywhere rule that allows referees to do this (talking about the
g iving the goal to te other team)?
From VMSL report:
It would have helped referee in this difficult moment if had linesman at game. After all ref has only one pair of eyes and as you see FIFA referee mentioned
had bellow privilige of linesman's help to make correct decision. Cheers

"COQUITLAM METRO-FORD WOLVES – ICST PEGASUS 1-1: On Friday evening, at Coquitlam Town Centre, the Wolves and Pegasus settled for a 1-1 tie after a very entertaining and well-played 90 minutes of action. The first half was evenly-contested with Pegasus having the best goalscoring opportunity as former Whitecap David Morris—after having received a great pass from Chetan Jhooty—inexplicably missed the wide-open net. The second half was much more exciting as both teams threw caution to the wind in search of the all-important first goal. At the 55th minute mark, Pegasus’ Goldy Takhar outmuscled a couple of Metro-Ford defenders and fired an unstoppable far-post shot for the go-ahead goal. About 15 minutes later, the Wolves tied things up when a couple of former Whitecaps—Alfredo Valente and Oliver Heald—combined to score the equalizer, albeit in a bizarre fashion! Heald’s clever pass from the edge of the penalty area was drilled towards the goal by Valente "Blue"]only to be stopped by Lavy Mangat’s hand ball. At first the referee awarded a penalty kick to the Wolves and ejected Mangat for denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity. However, after consulting with her assistant, referee Michelle Pye reversed her decision since the ball had crossed the goal line!"

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friady night
Masters Premier
Richmond vs Surrey

Quite a good match between the sides, and plenty of emotion to go around. I thought Richmond did very well handling Surrey's front runners for the most part, and limited them to only a handful of quality chances. Surrey, for their part are quite well organized at the back with Shuey and some bald guy in the middle ;).

The goal was a fantastic strike by Richmond's number 11, and in the end proved to be all they needed.

As mentioned earlier, it was certainly a spirited affair, with a handful of yellows and one red (second yellow) going to Surrey. But I think that overall it was a well played, albeit, physical affair. In the end, I beleive the result was fair.

Off to China Creek todatat 2pm!!

:bronco:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Friady night
Masters Premier
Richmond vs Surrey

Quite a good match between the sides, and plenty of emotion to go around. I thought Richmond did very well handling Surrey's front runners for the most part, and limited them to only a handful of quality chances. Surrey, for their part are quite well organized at the back with Shuey and some bald guy in the middle ;).

The goal was a fantastic strike by Richmond's number 11, and in the end proved to be all they needed.

As mentioned earlier, it was certainly a spirited affair, with a handful of yellows and one red (second yellow) going to Surrey. But I think that overall it was a well played, albeit, physical affair. In the end, I beleive the result was fair.

Off to China Creek todatat 2pm!!

:bronco:

That Number 11 happened to be TTP resident......Dirty Daddy3. Great work, big man. I heard Surrey United/Surrey Rangers were nothing but a bunch of whiners. I can't confirm that but when I see Ballbaby on Friday I will get to the bottom of it. :) Great win by the lads tonight. :)

On a thread related topic........I ended up reffing a Richmond Premier game between Harps and Players United. Not bad football and the game ended up 1 - 1 with 5 cautions.......3 to the Players and 2 to Harps.

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a thread related topic........I ended up reffing a Richmond Premier game between Harps and Players United. Not bad football and the game ended up 1 - 1 with 5 cautions.......3 to the Players and 2 to Harps.

Only 3 to Players? Well behaved for them... Aman is good for one of those, I would think.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty tame game overall.....sometimes talking to the players helps keeps things in order and not throwing cards out like candy.

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 1 ICST Peg 0

On the way to the game i drove throw a lighting storm, snow, wind and rain.
The game was ok with one yellow, West Van scored with 10 min to go. Peg with a chance in the first 25 on a breakaway but Goldy trying to chip the keeper, only to put the ball in his hands.

Both teams very well behaved, with a few moan's only to be expected.

On to Surrey FF V Inter today.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Division One

Sikh Temple 0 Sporting 0

I didn't do a thing wrong today. A flawless performance. Granted it was only 12 minutes into the game when the fcuking lights went out. :mad:

It was fun driving in the pissing rain to White Rock and not get paid on the spot. Now who said refs get paid well? :D

canucklehead

Mar 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pretty tame game overall.....sometimes talking to the players helps keeps things in order and not throwing cards out like candy.
If 5 cards isn't "throwing them out like candy" as you put it, I'd hate to see what is:rolleyes:...

In the end, no issues on this end...just more fine $$$ for the beer tab at Exec Meetings...
God Bless Shamrock.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If 5 cards isn't "throwing them out like candy" as you put it, I'd hate to see what is:rolleyes:...

In the end, no issues on this end...just more fine $$$ for the beer tab at Exec Meetings...
God Bless Shamrock.

You don't know? Does this quote sound familiar, Canucklehead?

"I would just send him off and abandon the game." :rolleyes:

:D 5 cautions in the Richmond Winter League is normal by the looks of things. :D

That's more than I've given in my last 4 games in the VMSL......:eek: :eek:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good job by Bronco last night.

Shout of the match had to be "The louder you yell, the less likely I am to call a foul."

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A question for you refs on here. Can you be suspended for not shaking a refs hand after the final whistle?

I'm curious because apparently one ref we just had put this in his game report.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A question for you refs on here. Can you be suspended for not shaking a refs hand after the final whistle?

I'm curious because apparently one ref we just had put this in his game report.

Gomesy, there's no way you can be suspended for not shaking a refs hand, opponent's hand, etc.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0