Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
To comment on Hibs, I like the team. Their keeper needs help, good div one keeper needs to work on quicker off the line. Has to be way more loud with his defenders. Central D is best in the league.Three guys that they use up front are very good. Dark hair lad as a striker is fantastic.
Mids have to jump up to support the play only on the side of the ball. Somtimes you see both outside mids jump up for no reason. Big gaps form all over the place. Over all it is a much younger club with good future if the guys stick together. Coppin would be the thing to push forward. I can not understand him. To play in Richmond league insted of premier somthing tells me there is more than soccer fun is in now.They will be there next year.

Foot_Baller

Nov 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
To comment on Hibs, I like the team. Their keeper needs help, good div one keeper needs to work on quicker off the line. Has to be way more loud with his defenders. Central D is best in the league.Three guys that they use up front are very good. Dark hair lad as a striker is fantastic.
Mids have to jump up to support the play only on the side of the ball. Somtimes you see both outside mids jump up for no reason. Big gaps form all over the place. Over all it is a much younger club with good future if the guys stick together. Coppin would be the thing to push forward. I can not understand him. To play in Richmond league insted of premier somthing tells me there is more than soccer fun is in now.They will be there next year.

Hibs with the best central D in the league is far fetched... they are tied for 2nd most goals against and would be far outmatched by teams with central defenders like poli for columbus as well as WV, Metro ford and surreys central defenders

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any team with a balance makes it easy fot central D. Richmond was missing lots of players at the start, he still played very solid most of the time. He could easy play div three in Europe. If you were talking about Coppin or about Jelic than I would say yes. As far as a Metro ford guy he has a better team infront and same goes for Columbus and West Van side.

FCN

Jan 25, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr Base, with regards to comments on Hibs: I would say they are very solid in the middle at the back. They are generally let down on the one side at the back, as you observed and commented on against Croatia. They also have solid goal keeping even with the young 18 yr old as back up as was evidenced this last weekend. He will get better with experience.
Hibs lack an ability to be creative and play through the midfield. They have a tendency to just want to pound it up the field and hope for the best. With young Reynold now on board that may change but the team is going to have to learn to trust him and learn to play through him rather than over him. Hibs do have good young creative attacking players with skill and smarts in Chase and E who can link up with Ren and make the runs he will be looking for. Ren also has a fantastic left foot and is fantastic on free kicks from the right side.
Things will start to improve for Hibs. Yes they will be there next year....and they have the insurance of the Div 1 team who are doing very well....

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To comment on Hibs, I like the team. Their keeper needs help, good div one keeper needs to work on quicker off the line. Has to be way more loud with his defenders. Central D is best in the league.Three guys that they use up front are very good. Dark hair lad as a striker is fantastic. Mids have to jump up to support the play only on the side of the ball. Somtimes you see both outside mids jump up for no reason. Big gaps form all over the place. Over all it is a much younger club with good future if the guys stick together. Coppin would be the thing to push forward. I can not understand him. To play in Richmond league insted of premier somthing tells me there is more than soccer fun is in now.They will be there next year.

Our keeper was voted on to last years league all star team. Was also a massive reason as to why we managed to stay up last year. A quality keeper for ANY team in Premier, just ask 2-9 :)
As commented on earlier, our central defensive pairing has changed constantly for us unfortunately, not to take anything away from the lads, but to be considered top of the league is a bit much.
As for Coppin, he is no longer with us, so why you would begin to mention him is beyond me.:confused:
You do have one thing right though Mr Base, the dark haired lad as striker is fantastic......................for a bloody plumber ;)

On to Metro-Ford...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you talking about your number nine like that. He is the only guy that can take the ball in to last third and cross it. If you have plumbers on the other side that woud be the reason of bottom half of the league standings.
I like you the way you stand for Mr London. That's good. They might vote him to be gods chileld but mostly unsure of him self.
On top of it you know how the votes go. Get your redish lad to take two weeks off and then you will see how the keeping is. Red hair lad is the sole of that club,one hell of a player. He would be two strong for Mr presedents vote and on top of it he does not play for MF.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for Coppin, he is no longer with us, so why you would begin to mention him is beyond me.
I can't believe I'm saying this but... re-read Mr. Base's post - it's the one thing that he does say clearly!

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
well done Erman on getting the pizza this week. Thought you deserved it last week too. Always good to see a keeper get the pizza. Except when 6-5 gets it. 29

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 3-0 westvan..

Wow, what a result.

Congrats to Croatia, the new "class of the league"

All these unpredictable results every weekend only begs the question.......

WHY ARE WE DESTROYING OUR PREMIER LEAGUE NEXT YEAR???!!! :mad::mad::mad: THE PARITY HAS NEVER BEEN BETTER IN THIS LEAGUE...ANY TEAM CAN BEAT ANOTHER TEAM ON A GIVEN DAY.

It is an absolute shame that the VMSL Premier League will never be the same.

Bollocks to the BCPL!!!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I told you guys don't be moving any where soon things can change. Thats three big points for Croatia SC. Moves them bit up where they can relax just a bit. Sapperton is just the same as Croatia SC. Youth on the move. Brian is doing very good job with kids. Club I champ is who day want. And three guys from Richmond senior men soccer and things might go long ways.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS). to the top four vmsl premier teams at the end of this year, whoever you may be....

Good luck against the Port Moody Gunners, Poco Rangers, Lakehill and Gordon Head!

What are we thinking with this new league?

The VMSL Premier League gets decimated for no apparent reason, other than the hidden agendas of some SOB's that have nothing to do with our league and are looking out only for their interests.

Disappointing. :mad:

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS). to the top four vmsl premier teams at the end of this year, whoever you may be....

Good luck against the Port Moody Gunners, Poco Rangers, Lakehill and Gordon Head!

What are we thinking with this new league?

The VMSL Premier League gets decimated for no apparent reason, other than the hidden agendas of some SOB's that have nothing to do with our league and are looking out only for their interests.

Disappointing. :mad:

Sorry the Gunners lost 8-1 to Langley tonight, so that changes the above good luck wishes.

The 4th place fvsl team beats 3rd place fvsl team 8-1? That is like Delta beating MFord 8-1 in the vmsl....

What is wrong with this picture?

End of my latest rant on the BCPL.

Good luck with your next frackl.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie

I completely agree with you. The league has never been better. Not sure if it is b/c teams are trying to become top 4 to "think" about entering the new league or if bringing the teams down to 12 has made this a better league.

I know there are a number of teams whose managers/coaches write on this forum. Was wondering if the VMSL clubs would collectively together tell Azzi that they will not go into this new league.

Just curious which clubs are for the new league and which are against (clearly ICST is against). Any managers/coaches care to give their opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0