Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The alarming thing for me is that the super league is supposed to give give the senior amateur game a higher profile and yet, the average person with ties to the senior game right now really knows fcuk all about it.

How are the stakeholders in this supposed to really get behind the thing and believe the higher profile will come when so far, the very thing that is needed for gaining the attention of soccer people, i.e., communication, marketing, etc., is sorely lacking?

No info on the Excellent site, no info on the FVSL site, no info that I can see on the BCSA site, I mean WTF? A new league website should have already been put up and organised with info, sponsorship stuff, news, fcuk me, anything to give some sort of profile.

Browncrow is spot on, the execution to this point has been poor. Sorry, but the powers at be are quickly running out of time to right the ship.

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
croatia's unofficial response is ABSOLUTELY NO to the league. i will find out for sure on monday!
the truth is that our coach and/or players have not mentioned finishing top four this year at all...not once. we have only mentioned winning the league, as always. it is only laughable changeroom talk.
a team that remains in premier next season should still be able to win the provincial cup while saving $10,000- $20,000 in costs throughout the season.

if someone/people with any intelligence TRULY wanted to create a super league with no political, personal or financial agendas, he/they would simply add two teams from the island to the vmsl. there already is two surrey teams and delta in the vmsl which aspiring players from the fvsl could play for.

the southwest portion of the province would be well represented.
victoria
nanaimo?
surrey
delta
coquitlam
new west/bby
richmond
west van
north van
van/bby

if surrey, delta, and peg finish top four in vmsl this season, you would have 6 valley teams, and potentially nowhere for the local vancouver players to play, except for in vmsl premier...not one vancouver/bby team...come on man.

the players rule here guys. if we don't go, theres no fcuking league.
lets join the NASL!!!

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
bring in an ethnic league. Everyone loves the nation cup why not make it a league. portugal, england, ireland, croatia, canada, germany, england, italy, serbia (providing we make premier) and all. The CSL's little success has been because of the ethnic teams and the communities throwing in money for their respective country. We will get more people out to games and create some good derbies. You got a lot better chance at convincing a portugeuse person coming out to watch a team of "mostly" portuguese players rather than a richmond, burnaby or vancouver team.
Its a amateur league anyways and it is run by a person not the CSA so you can do whatever you want with it. Have a import rule like nations cup 5 players max or something. who in their right mind is going to take a friday off work or a saturday (yes because people work saturdays now) to go to the island for a game their not getting paid to play in. If our only pro league can be run as an ethnic league, Im pretty sure the VMSL could do the same.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Plavsic that would be a good idea for one or two tournaments. We used to have that with youth and seniors here. It only resulted in fist fights between the supporters. Not somthing that we need here. Any time you divide folks it tends to bring anger in to it.
Portuguies had a youth club it got thrown out. Croatia used to have youth team it got thrown out. East indians used to have a youth club it got thrown out.
To see it your way. Each senior club shoul be aloved to run a U21 team in VMSL as you are. I do not see Eagles form a U21 team. I do not see Croatia SC form U21 Portuguies or Italians.The trauble is guys talk but no one is willing to spend five grad. That is how much you need to run a U21 team in the VMSL. In the old days church used to help now they do notwant anything to do with it. As a guy running the team you can not right it off. It is not feezable to none of us any more.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is a brilliant solution to a non-existent problem.

I dont understand? whats the problem?

Mr. Base enough about the u-21 garbage please we have college and university teams for a reason. Most kids in canada quit soccer after youth the ones that are good enough go play premier div 1 . the ones that just wanna have fun play u-21 for a few more years with their freinds while their in school n retire after.

so if you dont agree with ethic leagues this is the only other option.
for the super league only way people agree is if the league runs through national level and teams can obtain promotion to the USL n NASL like in england but seeing how everything is run private BCPL failure is inevitable? and all that money wasted to start this league could have been used to improve the vmsl by adding money for the winner of the premier div, cups.
the reason prem is so competitive this year is because teams want to be a part of that top 4 where as in other years teams would be ok with settling for 5th 6th and so on because there was no benefit. If you have something to aim for thats higher up motivation is a plus.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
croatia's unofficial response is ABSOLUTELY NO to the league. i will find out for sure on monday!
the truth is that our coach and/or players have not mentioned finishing top four this year at all...not once. we have only mentioned winning the league, as always. it is only laughable changeroom talk.
a team that remains in premier next season should still be able to win the provincial cup while saving $10,000- $20,000 in costs throughout the season.

if someone/people with any intelligence TRULY wanted to create a super league with no political, personal or financial agendas, he/they would simply add two teams from the island to the vmsl. there already is two surrey teams and delta in the vmsl which aspiring players from the fvsl could play for.

the southwest portion of the province would be well represented.
victoria
nanaimo?
surrey
delta
coquitlam
new west/bby
richmond
west van
north van
van/bby

if surrey, delta, and peg finish top four in vmsl this season, you would have 6 valley teams, and potentially nowhere for the local vancouver players to play, except for in vmsl premier...not one vancouver/bby team...come on man.

the players rule here guys. if we don't go, theres no fcuking league.
lets join the NASL!!!

Were from Burnaby...

10,000 to 20,000 k...Are you high?
the BCPL will not cost you near that..We play in the PCSL and travel to the Island and to the Okanagan for a over nighter 2 games and dont pay near that..This year 2 trips to the Island as the Highlanders joined the PCSL. And we wont pay $4000 for the whole year.

To many peeps on TTP who dont really know whats going on..
That I do agree with on many of your posts.
The Powers at be do need to Explain whats going on in detail and put an end to all this Crazy talk.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, I take exception to your comments as well, especially since you're the biggest part of the problem. Please tell us why you want to start this new league? What is your agenda? Isn't it true that you want to be the president of the BCPL?

Yes, this is only an online forum where everyone can hide behind their nicknames but I, Rob Reed, would like to do an online vote from the vmsl premier league with regard to who is for this new league. I have spoken to Mr. Azzi and he tells me that the "decision makers" from each premier club in the league are all for the new league. I'm sorry but I still don't believe this....but I would happily be proven wrong. Here is how I see it....

1 West Van FC "A" - as it stands now, this team I believe is not fully in support of the new league

I know a few of the guys on West Van too. They play with me in the Summer..They said to me that they want to play in the highest divison possable and if its the BCPL then thats where they will play. They also said that they understand that the league will need a year or 2 to work out the kinks.

2 Surrey Utd. Firefighters - I believe this team has serious questions about the new league

We all have Questions about the league. But they like the Idea.

3 Coq. Metro-Ford Wolves - I know certain players on this team that are against the new league

Are you kidding ..this team was the first team to Be in Favor..Why ? Thats a no brainer..
And as for knowing players from this team..I have players here who have and still do play with us in the Summer and drink with them regularly and they are down big time.

4 Delta United - I believe this team is against the new league

I played poker with One of the Delta Coaches last night and he told me they are Good to go to the BCPL...

5 ICSF Inter - we have heard Oranje's opinion on the new league and I believe other members have many questions about it .

Talked with Joe a few weeks ago and yes they would like more info but are not against it.

6 Columbus FC 17 - I'm not sure about this team but would love to hear wrecking crew's opinion when his suspension is over

Same

7 ICST Pegasus - against the new league as it currently stands

8 Westside FC "A" - unsure

Ive been to 2 Westside games and spoke to a few of the guys I know and they told me..We dont really have a comment as we dont feel we will be makeing the top 4 , But we like the Idea of a BC Premier league

9 Croatia SC - unsure but have heard nothing but negative comments from the players

Since one of my ACBC players just signed with Croatia and is a very good friend..I have asked him weekly about whats the attitude in the Camp reguarding the BCPL..He has said they dont like it because they wont make it...But will be turning things around and getting into the BCPL as soon as they can..Cause they are Croatia and have to play in the top league as nothing else will be acceptable. So they Are unhappy to not be doing well but like the idea.

10 Rich. FC Hibernians "A" - I believe this team is against the new league

Ya I agree...But if they were in the top 4 it might be a different attitude.

11 Sapperton Rovers - I believe this is one team that is for the new league but would like to hear whataboutbob's opinion

From my work with these guys on team Germany..they like the Idea and would like more info.

12 Norvan Pacific "A" - I believe this team has no interest in the new league

Norvans home park is across the street from My girls house so I sit in on most every home game...They dont really care about the BCPL because it doesnt have much to do with them as they are rebuilding but they like the Idea. So I am told.

Will any vmsl premier team step forward and say they support this new league?

Because it has already been voted on and Passed.
So why would they come on here and get bashed by you and richmond.
I on the other hand I love this shite.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The VMSL works as is.

Dividing things based on ethicity, as history attests, is not at all healthy.

How does it work? we have teams changing at the feild in the pooring rain at feilds like van tech, guys watch games literally on the sideline, mismatching shorts and socks one players got white socks other one has ac milan socks, you cant even tell a spectator from a sub anymore because they all got different tops on. Keepers wearing professional club team jerseys like galatasery, chelsea etc. 1-2 game balls -games dont even last 70 minutes with all time it takes to get the ball.

For a average person in the neighbourhood walking past a park and seeing that you can understand why the vmsl draws crowds of 5-50 people for a game.just because it is a amateur league doesn't mean it has to look completely amateur. presentation ! you learn that in grade 1. its the only thing this league lacks.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were from Burnaby...

the BCPL will not cost you near that..We play in the PCSL and travel to the Island and to the Okanagan for a over nighter 2 games and dont pay near that..This year 2 trips to the Island as the Highlanders joined the PCSL. And we wont pay $4000 for the whole year.

The Powers at be do need to Explain whats going on in detail and put an end to all this Crazy talk.

What about now?

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the 2nd half of Surrey vs Indo (sorry I am biased :)) and was very impressed with both teams. Both teams had chances to win, however, their quality in the final third let them down. A tie was probably a fair result, and IMO, the two respective right fullbacks, Andrew Reed and Vince Stewart were the games best players.

Surrey has picked up former NCAA stalwarts in Syracuse Orangeman, Brad Peetoom and Oregon State Mason Webb (formerly with the 'Caps). Lots of quality in the Surrey camp, perhaps too many to keep happy with playing time.

Looking forward to taking in some future VMSL Premier games before the break.

Gilly

PS/ My two cents on the BCPL..........no need for the BCPL, it currently already exists with the current VMSL Premier League. Bad idea for the VMSL executives to consider, they should keep things status quo....just make it a 10 team division.....promote and relegate as needed, but keep the division intact.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Were from Burnaby...

thats what they said about the olympics. 300 million cost rose to billion and still counting. i don't think players will pay for any travel costs,food, accomadation. and will want to be reimbursed. its not just island trips, its trips from langley to west van, chilliwack to burnaby providing a chilliwack team made bcpl, and vise-versa u get the idea.
ps: isnt there a forum about the bcpl so people dont have to waste their time scrolling through bcpl rubbish to get prem game reports

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you want kids and more fans to come out for the games, the league has to go to summer.
Going to watch a game in 5 degree weather pissing rain on a Friday/Sunday night is brutal.

I went to watch croatia vs norvan at Vantech last Sunday and it was pissing sideways. Brought the lady, and we didn't last to long.
If you want to raise the profile of soccer in B.C., the top league has to be played in summer. BBQ going, double headers on grass. Thats when people will come out.

Hastings bowl every Sunday two games at once on each field.
2pm, 4pm,
and one Friday night game per week. (feature game) or something.
Each team gets a weekend to host the beer garden and make cash for the club from ALL drink sales that day.
You'd have hundreds of fans come out every Sunday and watch the best football around.
Every long weekend is a bye week for the league. (as we have at least 3 cancelled weekends now in winter) plus the 3 week winter break) no flow to the league)

There would be no cancelations of games, perfect flow to the season, and it would be in line with the Nationals.
I love to go watch local footy, but i know many many people that would come watch if the weather supported it.

The VMSL is fine now. Great competition. But what would make the league better? and the future of soccer in this province better?

in Conclusion,
Move the VMSL/Top league around to summer. And organize it for fans/$ to come in. And you will see the difference over the years in local soccer.
Less injuries too. More grass pitches.
Were not even playing soccer anymore. Go watch a WestVan game on that shite carpet they play on. Bouncing everywhere, 50/50 everywhere, no through balls get anywhere. ITS BRUTAL!

Last years Croatia vs Serbia game (the first one) was pissing rain on turf. Not the greatest game to watch at all.
Imagine that game on grass in summer. MORE FANS/$, BETTER FOOTBALL!

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
bring in an ethnic league. Everyone loves the nation cup why not make it a league. portugal, england, ireland, croatia, canada, germany, england, italy, serbia (providing we make premier) and all. The CSL's little success has been because of the ethnic teams and the communities throwing in money for their respective country. We will get more people out to games and create some good derbies. You got a lot better chance at convincing a portugeuse person coming out to watch a team of "mostly" portuguese players rather than a richmond, burnaby or vancouver team.
Its a amateur league anyways and it is run by a person not the CSA so you can do whatever you want with it. Have a import rule like nations cup 5 players max or something. who in their right mind is going to take a friday off work or a saturday (yes because people work saturdays now) to go to the island for a game their not getting paid to play in. If our only pro league can be run as an ethnic league, Im pretty sure the VMSL could do the same.

That's not the truth anyway. The CSL has 2 different divisions. One is an international division consisting of 4 teams which I believe you are talking about and the other national division consisting of 6 teams. Teams are from Ontario and one from Quebec. It's success is not due to ethnic teams.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you want kids and more fans to come out for the games, the league has to go to summer.
Going to watch a game in 5 degree weather pissing rain on a Friday/Sunday night is brutal.

I went to watch croatia vs norvan at Vantech last Sunday and it was pissing sideways. Brought the lady, and we didn't last to long.
If you want to raise the profile of soccer in B.C., the top league has to be played in summer. BBQ going, double headers on grass. Thats when people will come out.

Hastings bowl every Sunday two games at once on each field.
2pm, 4pm,
and one Friday night game per week. (feature game) or something.
Each team gets a weekend to host the beer garden and make cash for the club from ALL drink sales that day.
You'd have hundreds of fans come out every Sunday and watch the best football around.
Every long weekend is a bye week for the league. (as we have at least 3 cancelled weekends now in winter) plus the 3 week winter break) no flow to the league)

There would be no cancelations of games, perfect flow to the season, and it would be in line with the Nationals.
I love to go watch local footy, but i know many many people that would come watch if the weather supported it.

The VMSL is fine now. Great competition. But what would make the league better? and the future of soccer in this province better?

in Conclusion,
Move the VMSL/Top league around to summer. And organize it for fans/$ to come in. And you will see the difference over the years in local soccer.
Less injuries too. More grass pitches.
Were not even playing soccer anymore. Go watch a WestVan game on that shite carpet they play on. Bouncing everywhere, 50/50 everywhere, no through balls get anywhere. ITS BRUTAL!

Last years Croatia vs Serbia game (the first one) was pissing rain on turf. Not the greatest game to watch at all.
Imagine that game on grass in summer. MORE FANS/$, BETTER FOOTBALL!

great idea now convince people to train and play amatuer soccer while their on summer holidays. if the facilities had covered seating like town center, queens park, and all people wouldnt mind watching a game in the rain under cover. there arent enough grass feilds that dont have a baseball diamond and those pussies cant play their sport in the rain.
i agree though about the bbq and the one location. the teams dont even have to profit, the league can take the money and distribute it. ex. 1st place 8000, second 6000 and so on depending on the amount of money made.

plavsic.10

Sep 18, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's not the truth anyway. The CSL has 2 different divisions. One is an international division consisting of 4 teams which I believe you are talking about and the other national division consisting of 6 teams. Teams are from Ontario and one from Quebec. It's success is not due to ethnic teams.

so your telling me the serbian white eagles,toronto croatia, italia shooters team in toronto would be just as succesful if it was run as a city club then an ethic club. these teams wouldnt exist and they would have a hard time finding other clubs to play in the league. so there is some success. i dont believe it should be at a national level but since we dont have the money to promote the leagues and the sponsors the best way we can do it is through our small local ethnic groups.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
the reason prem is so competitive this year is because teams want to be a part of that top 4 where as in other years teams would be ok with settling for 5th 6th and so on because there was no benefit. If you have something to aim for thats higher up motivation is a plus.

I may be just speaking for myself but I believe that is absolute rubbish! The reason the Premier is so competitive this year has ZERO to do with teams wanting to be in the top 4. Most I have spoken to want nothing to with the new league and that's those that know anything about it. Going from talk on here, it seems that the majority want nothing to do with it. Why mess around with something that is working?? It's not like it's the SPL when 2 teams generally are in a race to win the league....although I think both those teams would struggle in the VMSL Premier:D
No player worth his salt would ever be ok with settling for 5th or 6th. The benefit of playing is to win games, leagues, cups.
I think this BCPL is an accident waiting to happen and the VMSL should be proud and happy with how competitive the league this year.

Leave the league alone! All it will accomplish is watering down an already strong VMSL Premier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0