Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandbagger

Aug 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 0 DMB 0

Not that anyone cares :rolleyes: but here's my report on Friday's game.

Delta outplayed Sapp the first 25, had 1 or 2 good chances. Sapp played better as the half went on. Second half Sapp outplayed Delta and had 3 excellent chances. Delta player sent off with 20 left for no apparent reason by an extremely sensitive referee. Sapp unable to capitalize and actually lucky not to concede a goal with 5 left (Cory with a good save). 0-0 a fair result.

As for the facilities:
1) No change rooms
2) No access to the pitch until exactly 9:00 p.m. resulting in both teams warming up in a 25 by 50 area.
3) Washrooms locked after the game.
4) A persistent smell of "cow manure eau de toilette" mixed with "wet-dog-odoured antiperspirant" permeated the air throughout the match (not sure what smelled shittier - the soccer or the air).
5) Absolutely no shelter from the pouring rain anywhere.
6) Strict rules on drinking in the parking lot prohibiting us from cracking the cooler.

The Delta guys seem like alright guys (saw a couple at the local watering hole afterwards - a few decent birds there too. I don't know why we weren't picking up - could have been the smell of wet ginch under our jeans) but as for their home facility....:eek:

sandbagger

Aug 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
In addition to the scintillating soccer and rarified air, here's some other highlights from my trip to Ladner.
1) I actually found the park.
2) Saw numerous sets of artificial breasts in the bar.
3) Stopped by McDonald's after the bar and....waited at the first window...nobody came....went to the second window.....nobody came....went to the pick-up window....teenage girl arrives with a bag of food...not ours...we explain that nobody took our order....teenager confused...teenager explains how she's really flustered because her car got broken into....we ask her if we can order....1 Big Mac, 1 Junior Chicken, 1 Cheeseburger, 1 Double Cheeseburger Meal...she returns with our food 5 minutes later, closes the window and leaves...we wait for her to return to take our money...she doesn't...we leave figuring that karma's going to bite us in the ass at some point....we rationalize the dine-and-dash figuring that Ladner owes us something.....we swear that we are never coming back to this god-forsaken place called Ladner again.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In addition to the scintillating soccer and rarified air, here's some other highlights from my trip to Ladner.
1) I actually found the park.
2) Saw numerous sets of artificial breasts in the bar.
3) Stopped by McDonald's after the bar and....waited at the first window...nobody came....went to the second window.....nobody came....went to the pick-up window....teenage girl arrives with a bag of food...not ours...we explain that nobody took our order....teenager confused...teenager explains how she's really flustered because her car got broken into....we ask her if we can order....1 Big Mac, 1 Junior Chicken, 1 Cheeseburger, 1 Double Cheeseburger Meal...she returns with our food 5 minutes later, closes the window and leaves...we wait for her to return to take our money...she doesn't...we leave figuring that karma's going to bite us in the ass at some point....we rationalize the dine-and-dash figuring that Ladner owes us something.....we swear that we are never coming back to this god-forsaken place called Ladner again.

She didn't return because you were trying to pick her up.
Besides, they have a lot of green houses in Ladner and at least it's not Surrey or Maple Ridge (fast becoming the new craphole of Metro Vancouver).

Really, what is a worse place; Surrey or the Ridge?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As for the facilities:
1) No change rooms
2) No access to the pitch until exactly 9:00 p.m. resulting in both teams warming up in a 25 by 50 area.
4) A persistent smell of "cow manure eau de toilette" mixed with "wet-dog-odoured antiperspirant" permeated the air throughout the match (not sure what smelled shittier - the soccer or the air).
6) Strict rules on drinking in the parking lot prohibiting us from cracking the cooler.

And it all happens again Weds night at Point Grey Turf! It's really gone down hill the last 20 years.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 1
Westside 0

Westside looks totally different. Smallsy can correct me here if I'm wrong, but I think all but 3 of their guys are from UBC. At least they look that young.

Devon Greenside with our goal.

The ref was SHOCKING!!! You know it's bad when the team's coach that just got the call is telling the ref that he terrible and that there are 2 teams out there. Never seen him before.

Felt a bit hard done by Friday. Came out strong and unlucky not to go one up after hitting the crossbar. Sporting got more into the game as the game went on but it was really back and forth. Dubious freekick call in the 2nd half(right about the same place the Tallies got theirs against Scotland....not that I'm still going over that in my head:mad:). Free header at the back post. 1 buzz. Kept at them and Brum makes a point blank reflex save that I'm sure he didn't know much about. UBC kids starting to play well once their nerves got settled but none of these lads are starters for UBC. Arguably should be.
We're starting to play some decent football and I think we'll continue to get stronger now.

Gomesy, there were 4 of us from last year with a couple of injuries and work commitments.....

Hats off to Sporting. I think a draw would have been a fair result but good teams always find a way to win.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 0 DMB 0

Not that anyone cares :rolleyes: but here's my report on Friday's game.

Delta outplayed Sapp the first 25, had 1 or 2 good chances. Sapp played better as the half went on. Second half Sapp outplayed Delta and had 3 excellent chances. Delta player sent off with 20 left for no apparent reason by an extremely sensitive referee. Sapp unable to capitalize and actually lucky not to concede a goal with 5 left (Cory with a good save). 0-0 a fair result.

As for the facilities:
1) No change rooms

The Delta guys seem like alright guys (saw a couple at the local watering hole afterwards - a few decent birds there too. I don't know why we weren't picking up - could have been the smell of wet ginch under our jeans) but as for their home facility....:eek:

Re your points:
1) Correct. No change rooms. Municipality wouldnt allow it.
2) Correct. Thank you for not acting like AFC and swearing at the guys who PAID for the field before us... we should be able to keep our field allocation now.
3) Correct. Field closes at 11pm... and so do the washrooms.
4) Not sure if it was the easterly bringing the dump scent our way... or if the potato farmers were top dressing with some chicken manure. I will do a little research and let you know the source.
5) Correct. Are you made of sugar?
6) Correct. The reasons we don't drink in the parking lot are (a) we dont want to lose our field allocation and (b) the three of us that are legal cant afford to boot for the rest of the team (c) fake tits are "all the rage" at the Landing.

PS You couldn't pick up because the girls could tell you were from the other side of the tunnel... and a bridge... and maybe another bridge. The lack of manure smell gave you away. Either that or you are all too fcukin ugly. One or the other. :D

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In terms of coming out strong against us, Dancin Bear, did you forget about the 3 partial breakaways we had down our left side within the first 10 minutes? We should have finished at least one of those.

Westside did have their chances. Only 2 that I can think of, cross bar in the first and point blank shot in the second, but we had at least 5 great scoring chances that we shot over the bar or missed the target. We never really made their keeper work for it.

Westside are a young fit team, and they'll get some important points down the stretch.

On a side note, it's interesting that Norvan has been dropping points now that they aren't playing at Kinsmen. Homefield advantage or not?

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right....and thanks for the patronizing comments. I have no doubt that we will get more than just some important points down the stretch.

Goal called back for offside, wee Cooker making your whole backline look like you were running in mud, nicking it away from your keeper only to squander the chance are points you don't remember.
Your first attack had us sleeping but if you want to call a shot/cross from the left side of the penalty box any more than a half chance, then I'm daft as a brush.
You had chances, we had chances and certainly more than the 2 that you can remember. Fair result was a draw........don't expect you to see that:rolleyes:

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Goal called back on offside. He was open because I let him run offside thus being in alone on a goalie who didn't try for the shot because it was offside. You're counting that as a chance? LOL

The Salty Dogg

Aug 22, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
VMLS???.......Vancouver Men who Love sixfyv??? I hear Tommy Johnson is not only the President, but the founding member too. You're not alone Desmond.

There you go jack!

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your first attack had us sleeping but if you want to call a shot/cross from the left side of the penalty box any more than a half chance, then I'm daft as a brush.

Hello Brush,

Are you available to paint my house:D. If not, could you please tell me when you would pass up an opportunity from the side of the penalty box. :bronco:

Tommy Johnson

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Desmond is the best player i have ever seen in VMLS!

Please tell me that you are joking?!! You obviously have not seen any other teams play in the VMSL. Making a comment like that can only mean that you are desmond's father or you have been sniffing a lot of glue mixed with alcohol. Refresh me with which one is desmond again? I got it, he is the guy on AFC who wears the gloves during the game........ As well as the turtleneck that matches up well with the toque or earmuffs that he was donning. Well, now at least that would narrow it down to 5 or 6 of the players on AFC. ALthough Desmond is a good player and better than average, he shouldnt be mentioned as a top player in the VMSL let alone the best player in the VMSL.
Also, I am by no means an english major and dont try to be and I mispell words all the time, but I can at least copy things properly. VMSL is all over this page. Open up those eyes and lay off the glue and maybe watch a game where desmond is playing.

Tommy Johnson

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have to agree with WAB and Sandbagger. Why are teams placed constantly at facilities with no change rooms. If teams do not have the facilities in their district, then they should be moved to another area or not play in the league. We arent 6 and 7 years old anymore where we put on our uniforms and boots at home and then jump out of our aerostar onto the field as soon as we get there. If i have to go and take a pi$$ behind a tree or equipment shed, I dont wanna be worried about a lady yelling at me from her balcony. Its not my fault. Its bad and dangerous to my health to hold it in. As for drinking, well....nobody is ever gonna prevent that. If I get caught, just tell them the truth, my name is " Tiernan King and I represent Clanbus". There should be less and less of Byrne Creek, Point Grey and Holly Park, especially for night games. Holly Park is a long ways away to drink and drive

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
it should be noted there are changerooms, (no showers mind you), and washrooms available along the north side of kerrisdale arena, behind the track at point grey turf. about a 30 second walk equivalent to the nearest tree and/or storage shed.
whether they're open for "visiting" teams like sapp and clanbus is a whole different story.:D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

15 of you guys rolled in and stood center circle of the pub and didn't know anyone. I saw one of yours guys talking to a married ****-tease so that line of questioning was not going to get you anywhere. The local girls didn't see any shots get ordered and that tends to draw them to you like me to chicken wings.

The 3 Delta guys were tucked up in the corner and disappointed they didn't get a table closer to the fireplace where they could cuddle or more importantly check out the incoming talent from the smoke pit and the budget pool table side bar. I also liked the fact that sixfyv asked me what the drink i brought over for them was. Being married doesn't get you out much does it. :D

As for the lack of changerooms at Holly, sixfyv is correct in that they would not allow them to be built. The Ladner Boys soccer club is fundraising for a clubhouse but there is no guarantee they build it at Holly as it could go the Grass fields over at Ladner Elementary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0