Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 1 Indo 0

Made the trek out to Richmond to do some shopping and negotiated some time to watch some of my former mates play. It was good to see Lakeshow, Singher and Kilo playing well in the middle of the park. The game was an even affair, however, Surrey scored off a goalmouth scramble with 15 or 20 minutes left.

Surrey has the biggest backline in the VMSL, Hleucka, MacGowan and Millar. Also, they appear to be getting players back, as Dobbin, and Ryan Hopp were in the lineup, and Rizal Ganief and Mike Gahan came on as subs.

No Whitecaps for Indo, but they played well in 2/3rds of the field, they just seemed to lack that creativity and focus in the final third. Indo looked short on numbers, and I felt sorry for the #10, as he must have been subbed into and out of the game at least 3 times. Also, nice to see Burnsie, a quality quality person.

I must have missed something near the end of the game, as Indo supporters seemed to be very upset with the referee and confronted him after the game.

Good luck the rest of the way,

Gilly

He failed to call a blatant penalty, Gilly. When their player says "I definitely got away with one" after the game, it was probably a penalty. :D

Game report accurate too, Gilly. We kept our shape well today but as usual, couldn't create a lot of opportunities. We had one sub today and I think a draw would have been a fair result on the day. BTW, Gilly, there was 7 minutes left in the game when they scored on the corner. Teams at the bottom of the league usually find a way to lose. We did that today. Effort of the boys was good though, which it has been majority of the season.......1/2 way through the season with two MASSIVE games(every game is) in the next two weeks - Metro Ford and Norvan.

I haven't seen Sandman that angry.......ever regarding the missed penalty. The ref appeared to be a little out of his league today for some reason.........but we didn't bury the couple of chances we had when we needed to.

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big 2-1 Win for WVFC over Inter

0-0 at half time, we scored about 5 mins into 2nd, then got our second with about 20 to go, should of had at least 2 others Kindel with a good save off Jinky and then we missed a sitter from 6 yards out...Crouch (I think) got theres with about 4 to go and then they pushed but couldnt break through again.

Good team performance and we got what we deserved!

Nice to have most of our young guys back...now that the college season is over.

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have to agree with Lay Lo.. Good game today and the better team one. WV definitley had more chances but also came away with the 3 points well deserved. All in all a good match!!

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 1-3 Columbus

First loss in a while and it feels ****in shitty.

Even first half, they scored with about 3 to go, 1-0 at half.

Second half we came out and played well, just couldn't finish our chances.

Went down 0-2 as we were pushing, then finally got one back with about 7 to go, and kept pushing for the equalizer but couldn't get it, they counter attacked with about 3 to go and made it 1-3.

Could of been a much different game, but we didn't finish our chances and they finished theirs.

Just one of those days, gotta pick ourselves up and onto Firemen next week.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 1
Westside 0

Westside looks totally different. Smallsy can correct me here if I'm wrong, but I think all but 3 of their guys are from UBC. At least they look that young.

Devon Greenside with our goal.

The ref was SHOCKING!!! You know it's bad when the team's coach that just got the call is telling the ref that he terrible and that there are 2 teams out there. Never seen him before.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 5 - Norvan 0

Some shocking performances from us lately. First 30 minutes were strong, as we had most of the possession, one golden scoring opportunity, and I missed a header over the bar. Of course, we piss it away by playing a freekick from centre right to their #13 (15 yards away) who puts it through for a breakaway pass which our goalkeeper misses and then is tapped in. Strangely enough, I was mentioning right after we missed this first chance to their striker that this was exactly what happened with us against Sporting - can't have any success when you can't put the ball in the net. Second goal was off a perfectly placed cross to their big striker with the free header. Half time - we were choked. Second half had us play a cross off the post but again couldn't finish. The remaining 3 goals were all due to poor defending - maybe that's what it looked like against Croatia. Anyhow, we're not too miffed about it just yet, but we definitely have something to play for over the next 2 weeks vs. Indo and West Van. Can't wait!

Seds

PS: I think UBC.. er Westside will fair well in the 2nd half of the season, especially after coming off a well-earned National Championship - well done boys. Are the SFU players back too?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo 3 Metro Ford 2

I honestly don't know how we won the game but we did. We were gifted a first goal when their keeper gave the ball away to our striker and it was 1 - 0. They leveled it about 10 minutes later. We then scored before the half on a nice goal by Karm......Drew set him up with a neat ball.....and Drew also scored the first goal........We went up 3 - 1 after a great ball by "Tight Shirt" Carlos sent up Paul Bolina who neatly chipped the keeper. Emilio scored a neat goal to make it 3 - 2 and then it was 'hang on' time. We had 12 players today again and we had to play our back-up keeper up front for the last 15 minutes because of the bodies situation.......:( Hopefully all the players who say they're going to be there will be there next Saturday against Norvan.......

Ironically of a lot of the games this season, we probably had one of our poorest performances but ended up with the 3 points......Football really is a funny old game. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0