Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter November 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy Johnson

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford vs Inter. Inter will finally get it together. Emilio's shoulders and back must be aching with this team and no Veer either. Inter by 2

West Van vs AFC. May as well say that AFC will finish the game with anywhere between 8 to 10 players too. WVFC by 6

Westside vs Indo Whitecaps. Because of the new fire power up front. Indo by 2.

Sporting vs Norvan. Gonna be a tough one playing at the best field in the league..... next to Holly Park on a Friday night at 9pm but Sporting will outguna and outrun the young norvan. Sporting by 3

Firefighters vs Delta Metro Blaze. Only reason Delta wins this is because if fireman cant field their full team. last week was only the beginning of Delta's slide. The honeymoon is over!! Fireman (full team pending) by 2.

Croatia vs Surrey Utd. If played at Adanac, it will hurt Croatia more than Surrey. Miller will think he's died on gone to heaven with all the long grass acting like a football tee. TIE

Sapperton vs Clanbus. BOOOOOOOORRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Is TK playing?!!?! Sapp grinds out Clan. Sapp by 1

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - October 07'

Oops, forgot the Sapp/Columbus game originally, but for once I will agree with TJ, and pick Sapp by one at home in that one.

later

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREMIER 'A'

1 West Van FC 'A' 8 - 17
2 Delta Metro Blaze 8 - 17
3 Firefighters FC 8 - 15
4 ICSF Inter 8 - 11
5 Columbus-Clan FC 7 - 8
6 Sapperton Rovers 'A' 7 - 8
7 AFC Leopards 'A' 8 - 0

PREMIER 'B'

1 Sporting Club 8 - 24
2 Croatia SC 8 - 13
3 Norvan Eagles 7 -12
4 Surrey United 'A' 7 -12
5 Westside FC 'A' 7 - 7
6 Coq.Metro-Ford 'A' 8 - 4
7 Indo FC 'A' 7 - 3

Golden Azzi...

Kevin Crouch ICSF Inter 11

Oliver Heald Croatia SC 7
Ryan Dormer Sporting Club 6
Jesse Fetterley West Van FC 5
Peter Bergholz Firefighters FC 4
Emilio Bottiglieri Metro-Ford Wolves 4
Tiernan King Columbus-Clan FC 4
Meysam Soltani Sporting Club 4
Craig McMillan Delta Metro Blaze 3
Jong Jun Rhee Delta Metro Blaze 3
Cam Wilson Surrey United 3
Steve Dormer Sporting Club 3
Trevor Rosencrans Firefighters FC 3
Robert Sing Sapperton Rovers 3
Fabio Confeiteiro Sapperton Rovers 3
Steve Dickinson Croatia SC 3

New month new thread. West Van on top of side A, seriously, and Sporting in cruse control before Christmas on Side B. It's a race for #2 over there, but at least Side A could be interesting...

More Inter please.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions:

Inter vs MF
Trollups vs AFC
Westside vs Indo - TIE
Sporting vs Norvan
Firemen vs Delta Metro
Croatia vs Surrey United - TIE
Sapperton vs Clanbus - TIE

THESTEAMER

Nov 17, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
rumour has it out of the inter camp,that a certain TA is unhappy following his summer transfer from the trolls.believes he should start w/o having to come to training and was quoted as saying "i can start on any team in this league".inter is reportedly ready to field offers from all clubs and will transfer list him to the highest bidder,with inter willing to do all the necessary paperwork.....change is fine...and if indeed they're are bills,change will be made from ivan lee's "legendary cooler":D...there could be more unhappy campers...well maybe one more...try to keep you posted.......hopes this satisfies you inter hunger knvb:wa:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still need more Inter. They got so badly dog’d by the Trollps last month surely November is their month to make a come back.

I hear more than one set of initials fancy's a transfer from Inter due to the enormous roster size. (Inter and enormous two words never put in a sentence before) We have 7 players right now and could even, leaving out the multiple short jokes, make room for Ivan Lee. He'd fit right in...

Jomo10

Nov 28, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our rookie goalie got a 3 game suspension from Renee for swearing directly at him after he grabbed our goalie's throat apparantely pointing out his chain. Our goalie snaps, he is gone for 3.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Our rookie goalie got a 3 game suspension from Renee for swearing directly at him after he grabbed our goalie's throat apparantely pointing out his chain. Our goalie snaps, he is gone for 3.

I'm surprised that he didn't pop him. This Renee fellow sounds antagonistic and shouldn't belong on a football pitch.

Jomo10

Nov 28, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
London is signed and played the first game of the season, haven't seen him much since. He is working lots apparantely. As for Kindel, he is still with us and is now guaranteed 3 weeks of playing time. Erman has been playing very well this season and so him and Kindel are competing for time.

Scoopy, nice to see you at the game on the weekend. We thought you hated us...

Tommy Johnson

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The goalie position isnt the problem with Inter. They have three adept goalies from what i hear and have seen. The trouble is they cant put the ball in the back of the net. Apart from Crouch, nobody else can finish. From the looks of things, Inter couldnt score in a whorehouse with a bag of crack on a saturday night!!
As for the golaie suspension, thats ridiculous!! That discipline court is so mickey mouse. The league has got to start looking at both parties and not just turn the other cheek. Whats it going to take?!! Azzi, give your head a shake you stupid muppet. Your losing the plot!

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter's keeper got the same suspension as Kevin Cameron & Angelo Phillis. I witnessed the Phillis red card and the keeper's card and heard about Cameron's. Apparently verbal abuse of the sensitive ears of an official will get you 3 games. Take a straight red on a bad foul, 1 is what you get. :eek: Until the general level of officiating improves, the officials have no business being sensitive. In the case of the incident involving Inter's keeper, the match official missed an obvious handball on the initial ball into an attacking player. A shot was well-saved by the young keeper, only to have the offside Sapperton player slot home the rebound. In a previous match, Scaligine scored a goal on a similar play where the shot in rebounded of a crossbar. He was deemed offside and the goal disallowed. A little consistency would be nice. Scaligine was also sent off for protesting.

In Phillis' and Ozkan's case, the cards were completely avoidable. Can't speak to Cameron's. Cannot speak to the officials.

Why talk about Inter? It is much more interesting to talk about the intrigue in the Indo soccer community. I miss the marvelous stories about Akal, Indo and Temple. :rolleyes:

Clearly this is a dull season, nothing else to talk about, apart from the lack of competition for Sporting and Delta's thrilling brand of play.

I hear Inter will trade Ivan Lee for a bag of chips and some cheesies to be named later.

sandbagger

Aug 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the case of the incident involving Inter's keeper, the match official missed an obvious handball on the initial ball into an attacking player. A shot was well-saved by the young keeper, only to have the offside Sapperton player slot home the rebound.

I guess there are two sides to every story. I don't remember an "obvious" hand-ball. Woody played the ball in to Ryan Mcnabb at his feet at about the six-yard-line. He turned and shot, the keeper makes a save, and our player puts it in the open net. How could our guy be offside? Inter had at least 4 players between their goal line and the six. Where was our guy standing when the shot was taken? On the half-yard-line? It was a good non-call.

I was also witness to Bunny's sending off against Croatia. He was offside by a country mile when Jomo took the shot that hit the post. Another good call. I also recall that Inter won that game 1-0 on a PK that Croatia protested wildly both during and after the game. That was another good call.

I personally feel that the officiating in our games has been excellent this year. I agree with a couple of LeftOnly's posts that some of the linesmen are a little suspect, but the refs have been good. Just my opinion.

sandbagger

Aug 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
rumour has it out of the inter camp,that a certain TA is unhappy following his summer transfer from the trolls.believes he should start w/o having to come to training and was quoted as saying "i can start on any team in this league":wa:

Sapp'll take him. We'd take Vladimir Krutov if we thought he could score.

By the way, Sporting 3 Norvan 0 tonight. Norvan played well for 25. Gomesy took advantage of a strong westerly wind and scored directly off a corner in the 35th. Ryan Dormer in the 44th. J_B in the 55th. It was raining sideways at Byrne Creek.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 3 - Norvan 0

Basically, we were punished on all our mistakes in our own 1/3. First 25 we were all over them and really should have finished at least one of our four glorious chances, including two breakaways. If that were the case, it would have been a much different match. Anyhow, first goal was an own goal from the near post off a corner in the ~30th minute, which didn't sit well with us. Second goal came off a poorly executed pass in an attempt to play the ball out of our backline - ball landed to Dormer from ~30 yards who had all the time in the world (as our backline was hesitant to close him down) to wind up and crack it off our defender's leg over our keeper into the goal. Whistle blew for half time almost immediately thereafter, and Sporting was all smiles at that point as they knew they stole that half from us right from under our noses.

Second half played in favour of Sporting as they had really taken the wind out of our sails with that second goal. Third goal came from another breakdown from midfield in which the Sporting defender intercepted a crappy pass and sent a fantastic ball onto their striker, catching our backline offguard. We still fought hard, expecting to eventually find the back of the net, but to no avail.

Kudos to Sporting for capitalizing on our breakdowns, but to be honest, we can't afford to make mistakes like that as we did in all our other previous losses. It's amazing how many games you lose on your own rather than get beaten by your opposition. As I see it, we gave that one to Sporting, and they deservedly took it. Let's chalk this one up to lack of experience tonight. I guess the predictions were correct afterall - "Sporting will outgun and outrun the young norvan." They may not have outrun us, but there's no question they outgunned us on every opportunity they had.

Tommy Johnson

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess there are two sides to every story. I don't remember an "obvious" hand-ball. Woody played the ball in to Ryan Mcnabb at his feet at about the six-yard-line. He turned and shot, the keeper makes a save, and our player puts it in the open net. How could our guy be offside? Inter had at least 4 players between their goal line and the six. Where was our guy standing when the shot was taken? On the half-yard-line?
There are always more than 2 sides to a story. We only see what we wanna see when things go our way or against us. The sapp player was standing on the post when the shot was taken. He "reaches" back to tuck it into the net after it is saved. Its as simple as it gets. The oringinal non-call comes 1 min earlier when the ball into the middle is not called for offside. Not the one into Mcnabb. The one about 30 yards out before it went wide. Whatever the case, the game ended up how it should have.

Tommy Johnson

Oct 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC over AFC 8-3...bit of a mess but we got the 3 points.

Fetterley with 3.

Tell me there was a red card at least. How did they score 3 goals on two- nine, Leon Nash and Andrea Jelly? That ruined my spread prediction. Oh well, just as bad a I thought it would be. Looks like the scoring title comes down to how many more times Crouch and Fetterley play AFC.

Lets just go back to the beginning of the season and forget that AFC exists. They are only here to pad stats it seems.
They are almost as bad as the Vancouver (Special) Olympics from last year, although i still say that the Olympics are the worst team "ever" to play in the premier league.

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
no TJ there were no red cards.

two-nine wasn't in goal, hes hurt.

We came out really slow and really flat...we tried not to think it was going to be an easy game but thats sort of hard when they lose by 5-6 goals every week. To their credit they finished the 2 chances that we gave them in the first 20 mins. Their 3rd goal was an unreal shot from outside the area by the big center back, when it was about 7-2.

They do have 2-3 good players...Des, BJ and the center back. But I think they may be worse then Special O, at least Special O tried to defend. AFC just goes for it, and gives up so much at the back...we probably could of won about 13-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0