Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Nov 06'

Come on Fantabulous.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but the Special Olympics never had a hope against Inter. You could have had 11 players on defense and 11 players on offense and they would have still won. Now for me to say this about Inter, you guys have to be bad. I agree that Inter ran the score as you guys were pushing, but besides your goal, you didn't get a shot on net, or even near the net. Inter had it set in their minds that they were out to take the piss. You could see it before the game even started.

On a side note, I heard a few Inter players talking about sending a bill to Azzi/the Olympics for lost wages on that wednesday night, as it was a complete waste of their time. Classy bunch...

Oh, and let's be honest about that short bus situation. The bus isn't happening. And KNVB won't be driving anything. I heard Canadian Tire has chipped in with a dozen red wagons for you guys. It's the same one Ankle Breaker has. You will have to take turns pulling each other. Think of it as extra training. Everyone knows, you need it.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fantabulous moaner said:
What the italians did to them....? Vancouver olympics could of played all defence and put all 8(down 2 men at 25 minute mark of game) guys back but they decieded to go forward or else their was no way they would of let 8 goals against.... After olympics got into inter's end they tried pressing thats why their were soo many counter attacks.... And of course inter tried to pad the stats.... Also KNVB ur a JACKASS... how do u explain metro fords 1-1 tie ... how do u explain the best team in the league the porks only beat olympics 1-0 ?? Things to ponder.... A very frustrating year indeed... The problem was olympics picked up 4-6 new players this year and only a few were starters... But they will suck it up and play on...

First of all, I don’t make the news I only report it and first of all and more importantly wouldn't you think that after the 5th or even 6 ball rolled passed your keeper that throwing caution to the wind and “pressing” wasn’t really working for you anymore and that packing the box, as it were, would probably be the better option. Coaching 101 starts Wednesday.

I love that your best examples of your non-futility are a 1-1 tie to MF early on and a 1 nil loss to Sporting. I’m sure MF’s coaches will certainly reconsider their stance on this game.

Brent Sopel said:
You will have to take turns pulling each other
Inter having another team night out?

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Come on boys let the Olympics be, we all know that they will be going back down and just making up numbers until then. Unfortunatly it couln't happen to better group of guys as they do care, they just can't translate that onto the field, nice guys don't win and not playing as a TEAM will not allow you to be competitive. As to tonights 4 -0 loss at MF proves. As for INter f*k um!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rene,

I see your point. I'm sure it's hard for the Special Olympics to show up each week with their heads up. And they seem to be an OK group. It still doesn't change the fact that with their level of play, they wouldn't even qualify for the real Special Olympics.

As for last night's loss to MF. I think it shows that MF took the night off, or that they just aren't as good as Inter.

PS. Inter can still go F*K themselves.

Skanky CDMTC Blonde

May 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

well in case anybody from KNVB or LA Kings or WHATEVER or Rene (is that my favourite latin referree out there kiss kiss love you) I think youy boys SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES to make fun of the special olympics team! How dare you! NOw I am not stupid, and for your information I do have a sense of fashion that none of you bullys can come close to, so I for one arent buying this about this special olympics team having to wear helmets and go in a yellow bus I DONT THINK SO!!!

But if a team is getting really beat up and are trying every week, and so they are not as good as some or all of the other teams, and you guys want to humiliiate them at soccer but them when you do it out here postingthen that is JUST MEAN.

SOTHERE MEAN PEOPLE suck!

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Instead of waiting for the league to update its site - here ya go:

Firemen 1
Sapperton 1

Surrey Utd 1
AFC 1

Sandman

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I see the Norvan/Croatia game has been moved from Kinsmen... to Kilmer... to Seylynn... to Wm. Griffin at 9 PM now on Tuesday. Croatia must be super happy about that. Norvan clearly desperate to get games in this time of year. If this one gets snowed out, rumour has it there is a lobbying effort to get the ice at Karen Magnussen arena removed.

Too bad it got changed from Seylynn. A pitch normally used by the U/7s: 60 yards by 25 yards, excellent skateboard bowl beside it, and best of all, the Seylynn hall :knvb: site of a not to be named here ex-Peg player who ate 94 goldfish in one sitting, including chewing the last dozen, circa 1980. Walking distance to the Coach House...er...Seymours, or the Lynnwood now that I think of it.

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Brent Sopel said:
Rene,

I see your point. I'm sure it's hard for the Special Olympics to show up each week with their heads up. And they seem to be an OK group. It still doesn't change the fact that with their level of play, they wouldn't even qualify for the real Special Olympics.

As for last night's loss to MF. I think it shows that MF took the night off, or that they just aren't as good as Inter.

PS. Inter can still go F*K themselves.
icon14.gif

THeir Level of play is also to a lack of understanding around teamwork and positioning as for blondie's comment about being ashamedfor calling it asI see it, grow some skin or you need some schooling this is take the piss and I'm one of the nicer ones. Any team that plays a diciplined defensive system can win.
The call out for inter still stands:eek:

And no I'm not the latin card lover!!!
icon4.gif

El Jefe

Sep 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

"And no I'm not the latin card lover!!!"

We know Rene.....you're just a card.....

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

wow where's all the game reports? KNVB not a good result against AFC, is that why you're quiet?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Actually if our second half was any indication of the game then I would say it WAS a good result for us. Uncharacteristically, AFC broke our backs down terribly in the second and had about 5 great chances to score, but fortunately for us Paul Sheppard was there to bail us out in a big way. Now, you can take that snipit and reverse the names for the first half. We played really well and should have been up at least three, but a post, a bed wetting and a nice save kept it 1-0 Surrey at the break.

AFC is like a box of chocolates (no racial implications in that at all) just that ala Forest Gump you never know what you’ll get from week to week. I would always hate drawing them in Cup play.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

posted by: Knvb
a bed wetting
You're still thumping six yard tap in over the bar??? Practice what you preach to all of those kids you coach and use the fcuking side of your boot!!! :rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I hope you didn't strain yourself coming up with that response… Christ, Helen Keller has more vision…

Skanky CDMTC Blonde

May 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Rene said:
as for blondie's comment about being ashamedfor calling it asI see it, grow some skin or you need some schooling this is take the piss and I'm one of the nicer ones.

saying things about people on yellow busses licking windows wearing helmets is MEAN is what I meant!

PS I know the name of this website already dik brain

utah

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sorry. Next time I'll say the are riding the blonde bus
and licking the carpet.
Better?

Rene

Sep 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

utah said:
Sorry. Next time I'll say the are riding the blonde bus
and licking the carpet.
Better?

Much for this addlebrained aardvark!

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter with a big signing this week. Not sure who he is, but he's on the older side. I saw him downtown on Granville (outside Crush), Saturday night wearing an Inter jacket (#18). He looks rough around the edges, and he was asking for spare change. No one-arm pushups though. I guess Inter is feeling the heat from all this recent bad press. Trying to stack the team with some more muscle. Oranje where did you guys find him? Can't wait to see him suit up for Inter this season.

I think he's one of TP's buddies.

You'd think that a high-roller team like Inter could offer better jobs to their players as an incentive to sign. I guess all of the pretty-boy positions were filled...

Ankle Breaker, give us the scoop on this new signing. Quit trying to keep him a secret!

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Brent Sopel said:
Inter with a big signing this week. Not sure who he is, but he's on the older side. I saw him downtown on Granville (outside Crush), Saturday night wearing an Inter jacket (#18). He looks rough around the edges, and he was asking for spare change. No one-arm pushups though. I guess Inter is feeling the heat from all this recent bad press. Trying to stack the team with some more muscle. Oranje where did you guys find him? Can't wait to see him suit up for Inter this season.

I think he's one of TP's buddies.

You'd think that a high-roller team like Inter could offer better jobs to their players as an incentive to sign. I guess all of the pretty-boy positions were filled...

Ankle Breaker, give us the scoop on this new signing. Quit trying to keep him a secret!

Not sure why Sopel thinks I make player decisions for Inter, however, the shocking disappointment of their recent play is making me wonder about coming out of a self-imposed 10 year retirement. I could probably do just as well as some of those clods on the back line. Too many Italians on that team, they need more Dutch flair.

As for the downtown recruit, I think we scooped him from Sapperton. Sorry WAB, didn't mean to steal your top prospect. :D

And fellas, leave Skanky alone. She brightens up this group. Skanky, if you get lonely in upper Lonsdale come on over to lovely Metrotown and make snow angels with me. We need more of your type over here!

Maybe we can double date with Reccos and Larrson. :wa:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Norvan/Croatia Postponed due to snow/ice/cold weather!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0