Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Nov 06'

Sopel

In two days you have had 14 posts...i know you and the millions and millions of Inter fans want to know everything about our organization, so please see below for information on how to know more about our club.

For $10.95/month if you visit www.iloveinterfc.com and join our fan club, you can actually view interviews with all of our players including the one and only Ivan Lee.

For $20.95/month, you can have a live chat session with one member of the team each month and ask questions that you always wanted to know. This month Andrew Corrazza (the top scorer in SFU history and currently leading the VMSL) will be available to answer your questions.

For $30.95/month, you can actually attend a Inter practice and even stay in the changing room and join the lads for chips and beer.

Sopel, for you I have made a exemption and registered you. Your fan club number is 4,325,854.

Also, I know everyone is worried about the health of the Inter lads due to the recent GVRD water ban but at training a special delivery of San Pellegrino mineral water was made to ensure there were no health issues at training before our match tomorrow.

Sopel, hopefully we see you tomorrow at BBY Lake to welcome you to the fan club.

Does anyone know why the game was changed to BBY Lake Turf when Surrey grass is open?

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ankle Breaker said:
Does anyone know why the game was changed to BBY Lake Turf when Surrey grass is open?

Breaker,

Here it is straight from the Surrey Outdoor Field Report website:

North Sry (Lower) Marginal

A "Marginal" status indication was developed after the sports field inspection reports moved to Thursday from their original Friday reporting time. Community groups needed an extra day to schedule and reschedule weekend games based on the current status report. In addition, weather forecasting on the pacific coast is often very difficult as environmental conditions can change suddenly and unpredictably. These two important considerations facilitated developing a marginal field status that would potentially maximize field availability for games.

It appears that North Surrey is open for play, however, the league decided to move the game to Burnaby Turf. This poses a few problems: the teams originally scheduled (I believe Sap vs Temple CAT) should be pissed - why should they be bumped? Also with North Surrey being considered "marginal", other Premier teams should have been allocated the turf spot (ie AFC vs Sporting, or Columbus vs Olympics). The question that needs an answer is why would you move a game from a field open for play, especially when it is OUR home game?

On another note, with all the TTP press, you guys (Inter) have been receiving, maybe YOU had something to do with it!!!:D

See ya tomorrow.

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ankle Breaker,

I appreciate the Inter fan club membership, but I think I'll pass on it this time, and you won't be seeing me at your game tomorrow. Send my regards to Ivan Lee.

I know I've gone a little overboard in my number of posts, but the wife got me typing lessons for our anniversary, and I finally finnished the 13 week course. I'll slow down on the posts from now on.

Sopes

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh the horror, the horror...the Pittsburgh Steelers, oops, I mean the Sapperton Rovers, lost to Sikh Temple last night. What, pray tell, happened there WAB? Unless my genever-addled eyes are deceiving me, the powerhouse Sikh Temple lads were last seen at the bottom of the B Table. What is happening to the provincial champs? Nice work Knights of the Temple! Oh, and Robino, you got some 'splaining to do...:eek:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I find the debate about dropping Premier back a few teams to say the days of ten teams quite interesting.

If you do drop back to fewer teams say ten, it is a virtual certainty that the promoted team(s) will be the same side(s) being relegated. That is one point.

Secondly, wasn't the CAT club affiliated team system intended to improve the overall quality of soccer? I very much think it has had quite the opposite impact and has been detrimental and destructive of the quality of the lower divisions in the VMSL. It certainly didn't help that the same mastermind of the CAT system was responsible for whacking out Div. 3. Now Div. 2really sucks.

Some of the other negatives affecting the quality of the VMSL include amalgamations at the Premier and div one levels over recent years. Instead of two fairly decent teams still there, the mergers have simply ended up with one team still around.

Players changing clubs as frequently as college students change addresses hasn't helped either.

The biggest problem is the CAT system and the degrading it has provided to the VMSL.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Today at Ambleside it was a 1-1- draw between WVFC A and Norvan A. The home side had the most of the play, had what seemed to be a good goal called back early, got another at around the 30 minute mark, and then gave one up at around 70 minutes on a piece of poor goaltending and/or marking off a set piece, quite against the run of play, something all too familiar this last two years.

A disappointing result based on the run of play for West Van, a big point for Norvan.

GiGGs

Jul 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Any word on the Indo/Akal and Inter game yesterday? Gilly is being lazy with his post game comments.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

GiGGs said:
Any word on the Indo/Akal and Inter game yesterday? Gilly is being lazy with his post game comments.

Sorry GiGGsy, but the body is a wee bit sore after the pounding on that turf crap. Still a little urked why we had to move off a playable grass field, there were two other games played on Saturday at North Surrey.

Oh well, good game regardless. Both teams had runs of possession and chances, however a tie was probably a fair result. Timmy missed a glorious chance in the first half for them, also they hit a post in the second half, we also had some scoring opportunities, but nothing that elluded Kindel.

Big Joe has a nice problem when he's got Cucca and Maistry coming off the bench for Corazza and Laurent.

More turf crap next week against Sporting.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Reccos said:
I find the debate about dropping Premier back a few teams to say the days of ten teams quite interesting.

If you do drop back to fewer teams say ten, it is a virtual certainty that the promoted team(s) will be the same side(s) being relegated. That is one point.

Secondly, wasn't the CAT club affiliated team system intended to improve the overall quality of soccer? I very much think it has had quite the opposite impact and has been detrimental and destructive of the quality of the lower divisions in the VMSL. It certainly didn't help that the same mastermind of the CAT system was responsible for whacking out Div. 3. Now Div. 2really sucks.

Some of the other negatives affecting the quality of the VMSL include amalgamations at the Premier and div one levels over recent years. Instead of two fairly decent teams still there, the mergers have simply ended up with one team still around.

Players changing clubs as frequently as college students change addresses hasn't helped either.

The biggest problem is the CAT system and the degrading it has provided to the VMSL.

I think it's safe to say that all the divisions in the vmsl need to be looked at in terms of realignment for a better competitive league as a whole. holy run-on sentence:)

But sticking to Premier...how about throw both promoted teams into the same group? This will allow for one team to stay up and gel as a team in the top flight.

boredashellonasundaynight

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nice to have the weekend off.

Sorry I missed Indo/Akal stuff Inter defensively. Ankle Breaker where's your match report. Don't pull a WAB on us.

What happened to the Mighty Italians? No, I don't mean Columbus-Clan, I mean the other Italians, Inter.

BTW, if someone is interested in the membership, has the price gone down?

Cheers.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter 0 - Akal 0

Not much to report on this game except for the fact that Inter created several quality chances but could not finish. Akal play a good counter attack system although they really did not have a lot of quality chances against us. They pack the box with 9 men which makes it diffcult for teams to score...thus only allowing 5 goals against...

We will take the one point (clearly disappointed with the result) and move on to West Van next week.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Gotta give credit to the Inter organisation for not running up the score. Looks like they learned their TTP lesson.

Big thumbs up.

Seriously.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter's only fault on the night was not executing on their chances. With a little better concentration the result would have matched the Olympics game. Credit to Dino and the Olympics, they come out to play. Indo had 9 men behind the ball all game. Dull but effective. Kudos to Billy Shokar, still fit and chasing at the venerable age of 36. The youngsters in the VMSL would do well to follow his fitness regime. :cool:

I miss WAB too...pehaps he is collecting cans to pay the membership to enjoy the Lays and suds with the Inter lads. :D

By the way, the CAT system was never about quality of play or development -- it was keeping BCSA votes for the VMSL pure and simple. Certain visionaries (you know who you are) fought the CAT system at the beginning of the year. They also formulated reasonable proposals for reducing the number of Premier squads. Thank Div. 1 for the failure of the latter and the big Premier clubs for the former. :(

Sorry Machel, can't agree that putting both new teams in the same division is a good idea. This allows one side of the draw to feast on the newbies while the opposite side is more competitive with the likely result that a good team gets sent down. One of the reasons for reducing the teams is so that the two sides of the draw can be consolidated into one thereby eliminating weak vs. strong draws. :(

One day I hope to have over 9,600 posts...seriously.

:knvb:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

One day I hope to have over 9,600 posts...seriously.
Noted and good choice. Obtainable goals are they way to go. Don't even get me started on the spontaneous blow job or walking around the house naked thing I tried to get going with the missus. 8 post per day is much easier.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oranje,

You claim Inter could have scored 8 goals if they concentrated? That would make Indo/Akal incompetent not "dull and effective"...which one is it? I'll file it as a pisstake....a weak one at that.

With respect to your team, on paper it should be a contender, but in my opinion it lacks that extra bite top teams should exude.

5 of your 6 wins have come against the bottom tier teams of your division (West Van, Olympics, Norvan) 15 points that a team of your calibre should grab - and well done for doing so, but until you get some results against the upper echelon of the VMSL - I'll rate you as simply over-rated.

Sandman

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Ankle Breaker said:
They pack the box with 9 men which makes it diffcult for teams to score...thus only allowing 5 goals against....

Breaker,

When it's a corner, you've got to mark up man!!!

dudelove

Aug 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Honestly speaking Sandman, even though many think Inter is cocky, how could you say they are over-rated? They have been one of the most consistent teams in the VMSL over the last 3-4 years.

Every year they are 1,2 or 3 in the entire league unlike your club which has been up and down from Premier to Division 1 like a yoyo.

I disagree with Oranje that you guys are like Special Olympics as I rate you guys to be a very hard mucking team where defense is the main priority and attacking is secondary and you guys will be always tough to play against.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Magic, just magic, KNVB. Well said.

As for Sandman, no, not 8 goals. But Inter certainly had 5 good chances. That would bring Inter close to the 6 goals they scored against Olympics the first time.

Tell the truth now, do you think it is exciting to line up 9 guys behind the ball and ask Billy to run his bag off for you?

Need I remind you that Inter is undefeated. At the start of the season it gave away 2 points to Croatia by spotting them two goals. Inter was close to finishing the come behind victory. As for the game against Metro Ford, it was one of the games of the season. Inter had an early 1 nil lead that Metro Ford did well to equalize. Inter was ready to roll against Sapperton but were thwarted by the aqua dash to the clubhouse.

I am sure that Columbus is thrilled to hear that they are a lower echelon club! :p

Now I am going to eat chips with Ivan Lee. I hear it is fun. Maybe Ankle Breaker will cut me a deal.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

DudeLove,

Nowhere have I compared our club to yours (if in fact it is yours). Inter is far more superior. After all, our yo-yo club has the same number of Imperial Cups as your team. A whopping 1, One, Uno

The lack of trophy's aside - I would definitely agree that Inter is a top-tier team - there is no question about that........I simply had enough of the implied "Inter is the best" propoganda.......Having seen Inter play a few times this year, I havent really been as impressed as I have - say the last couple of years. The best team so far in my opinion are the Pork Chops.

Saying that, the season is only half way done - and the tough part of your schedule is still ahead. It will be very interesting to see if you can match your 6-0-3 record in the next nine games......if you do its a well deserved spot in the League Cup Final. As for Imperial/Provincial Cup as long as you dont meet Sapperton - I'm sure you guys will go very far.;)

Just being objective,
Sandman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0