Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Nov & Dec 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Nov 06'

Conductor

I hope you are not implying that Vancouver had a chance even when the score was 1-1. We scored about 90 seconds into the game. We had 5 quality chances after that and should have been up 5-0 at the 10-15 minute mark.

I agree that playing with two men down made it easier but honestly, you guys scored on a mental lapse from our team and even when you scored the game was never in doubt. It was honestly men against boys last night and the score over two games reflects that.

When we beat Vancouver 14 - 1 in two games, it does not look good for our league. Yes we love winning but the beauty of our league is that the majority of teams in Premier can beat anyone on any given day but when a team wins 8-1 in Premier it just proves that we need to reduce the number of teams.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter has no class for scoring 8 goals. They are as bad as that Westside organisation. Why didn't they just try and pass it around when the score was 5-1 or something.

The VMSL should record the score as only 5-1, just like the MWSL.

Give me strength.

Seriousy.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

"The VMSL should record the score as only 5-1, just like the MWSL."

Regs, I totally agree with this comment...."NOT". Let's be honest here if the Olympics ever get the chance to put tonnes of onions in the old onion bag instead of on their souvlakis than I would bet my student loan that they would. Here's to hope that Croatia is in the early Christmas spirit of "GIVING" up lots of goals!

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Conductor said:
"The VMSL should record the score as only 5-1, just like the MWSL."

Regs, I totally agree with this comment...."NOT". Let's be honest here if the Olympics ever get the chance to put tonnes of onions in the old onion bag instead of on their souvlakis than I would bet my student loan that they would. Here's to hope that Croatia is in the early Christmas spirit of "GIVING" up lots of goals!

I agree with Regs statement above however, do you think that this might be an eye opener for the league :rolleyes: as there are to many teams in Premier.

Probably should be posted somewhere else but...

Cheers
JB

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I think that vancouver fields will be shut down this weekend. That's my prediction.

Werd.

As for less premier teams, we did have this discussion in another thread, and it was voted in favour by the premier teams, but it was voted down by the division 1 teams. So no change till next year, that's if the vote goes thru.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Regs and J_B.

TSN is reporting that Dave Nonis called New York about 2 minutes ago asking that the score in tonight's game should only by 5-0 due to the mercy rule as Anaheim was trying to run the score. In the final minute Anaheim had a 2 man advantage and still were trying to put another one into the net. How dare they try to make it 7-0...they should have kept the puck in their own zone with a 2 man advantage. The NHL head office is looking into that as we speak.

On behalf of the Inter boys led by our veteran Ivan Lee, in response to us running up the score, it should be noted that it is kind of hard not to score when Vancouver's defense allowed us breakaway after breakaway. Perhaps if this occurs again (and I hope it does not) we should take the ball to the corner flag instead of trying to score on a breakaway. I am sure that will not be insulting to the Olympics.

Inter kept possession for about 80 minutes of the match and our intent was never to run up the score. Actually we never predicted that we would score 90 seconds into the game and then proceed to score another 7 more. We thought before the start of the game that Olympics would come out strong since we beat them 6-0 the last time and their pride would not allow us to beat them again by a wider margin. Our coaching staff kept telling us not to underestimate this team as they did manage to tie MF a couple of weeks ago. Therefore, we responsed as a good team should respond and proceeded to attack and put this team away very early in the match.

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

"about the score being recorded 5-0"

.......go see Co ed, and recreation sections for this site. I love you Regs, but I would beg to differ that Inter (can't believe I am saying this about a team I can't stand) has little to do with "no class"- and everything to do with.

a. Olympics need to get their shite together
b. Our league needs to recognise we are not banging out National titles like we used to, and the talent is depleted
c. And it is Premier soccer - either play to that level, accept your lumps or go play Div 3 (not that there is anything wrong with that).

I am doubting Craig Forest was saying the same thing when he was back in West Ham and had NINE put past him, who cares if he was paid, the Olympics have a choice, play or don't.

Now on the other hand - They got the two reds, so who knows I was not there, but again it was self inflicted to some degree.

Bottom line - it is a joke that Div 1 teams could vote that down, when it could have been that we just tier it over four years and we relegate more this year from Premier, and do so the following 3 years at each level until we create a new division or balance them out.

Long enough - Cheers.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Note to everyone:

Regs was being sarcastic. Thanks for posting on Take the piss.com.

Give me strength

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

is it a piss take to bite on a piss take? seriousy.

first regs throws the old organisation out a couple times, follows it up with a, "give me strength", (see 0'35 threads..i dare you), and ends it with "seriousy" and gets not one, but two bites? notwithstanding the fact he has besmirched the westside organisation/organization. clearly the most obvious piss take of them all.

why did i see this happening to olympics this year?

note: all questions within the above rhetoric are rhetorical. seriousy.

p.s. i can't believe i let knvb post before me. give me strength.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

knvb said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ramahda ended 2 weeks ago. Care to revise one of your excuses?

For the record, the "Ramahda" is a hotel chain....

Ramadan CSC

GIRUY

Also, hopefully your kids are on the wrong end of a 10 - 0, 11 - 0, 12 - 0, 13 - 0 gubbing one day. Seriously.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

All that is left to do now is for someone to drop in a Haiku and we can call it a day...

Seriously now

Give me strength is beat to death

Westside have no class

Alikira,

Cup play this weekend so there is hope and
not me said:
I heard a bunch of the Olympics players have just finished Ramahda(?)
FYI I cut and pasted conductors post. Do try and keep up. Seriously.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

All right KNVB sucked me in to posting again but seriously I know for a fact that Inter's team leader didn't score! Ivan Lee used to run the afterhours for our team bashes, give him credit where it's due, if you wonna score on the night life and stay awake while doing it, then he's your man!!

"On behalf of the Inter boys led by our veteran Ivan Lee"

As for premier being over rated in terms of 14 teams I totally agree. The Olympics have been hit hard with injuries and at the same time lost key players that got them to premier. I'm not making excuses for them cause I haven't recieved my free souvlaki yet but I must admit they have have had shitty luck. I know all you donkey's are gonna rip me apart but how well is Fireman doing this year after being Provincial Cup finalist last year?

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

congrats to the olympics for winning, but I hope the score didn't dictate the game. basically sqeaked by a good div. 2 squad to get promo'd to premier. scary.

^The above is my quote from last year after the Olympics just got bye 1-0 over Shaheen to get promoed. I guess even with all the players they lost this year, they only beat shaheen 1-0 to get promoed. anyways, I still wish them luck because it's tough in Premier.

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Just got off the phone with Azzi and he has assured me that as of next season every game in the VMSL will be recorded as a 1-1 tie. And, since the idea to eliminate teams from Premier was not accepted, to keep everyone happy, all division will be referred to as "Premier". The league is not looking to hurt anyone's feelings, and therefore it is trying to make all teams equal.

As for Inter not having any class and running up the score, I'd have to agree. I saw the game and the players and sidelines were over the top with their goal celebrations. It's a good thing Corazza missed 27 of the 28 chances he had, or it would have been worse. I don't like Inter's attitude on the field. They strut onto the field like there sh!t don't stink. They're really not that good. It seems like they get alot of lucky bounces in the few games I've seen. The older guys are cool, but the younger guys are a bunch of cocky bastards. They need to be taught a lesson. I hope Ivan Lee will step up as their leader, and sort those jerks out. You know who I'm talking about Ankle Breaker.

Seriously.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Surrey - 0 Sporting - 0

Good fast paced game in diabolical conditions from the on field perspective. Some spectators though it wasn't much to watch, but on field it was really quick with good spells of attacking form both sides. I thought SU were the better side in the second but over all the draw is probably fair. The 1 point does nothing for us but I think Sporting was well chuffed as it keeps them 7 up, but with us having a game in hand.

Brum got kicked in the cans, pulled his groin, got punched in the face and over all generally abused tonight and he wasn't even on a date.

JB, how did Karaoke end up tonight?

Ps. Thanks for the pint, fcuk face.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh, yeah…

Metro Ford 0 Trollups 1

- Trollups scored with about 5 left. MF hit a couple of posts etc... and various other moaning and excuses I wasn't really listening too.

This result is not good for the Special Olympics to be sure.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inter as a whole from management down is a disgrace.. AFter olympics go down two men and also giving up two penalty kicks they kept going after goal after goal to pad their stats.. I thought their organization would have more class.... Its funny after the first twenty minutes of the game inter didn t know what came at them till olympics got their two reds.... Sometimes i wish time can turn back and i would bet anything olympics beats inter... This whole season has been injury riddled.. But thats the way it goes... i hope inter meets olympics in the imperial cup first round.... Letz seperate the men from the boyz next time they play.... Bring it on .... PAD the stats boyz cause INTer is a medicore TEam in the Vmsl.... Absolutely ZERO class...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

The was an absolutely Fantabulous moan...

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fantabulous,

A lack of class, yes. Padding the stats, yes. A disgracefull organization, not too sure about that one. Sure Inter is young and cocky, and they do get alot of bounces, but I'd have to disagree with your other comments. I hate Inter as much as everyone else in the VMSL, but at the 20 minute mark I believe it was 3-1 or 4-1. The Special people had one shot on net at that point. To their credit, it was a well taken chance, but playing a team like Inter, SFU Clan, MF, Surrey etc you need to bring alot more than that to the park. Also, when you look back at the 2 pks, the first was an Inter player being taken down on a breakaway in the box, and the second was on a great header off a corner and the defender stopped a sure goal with his hand/arm. Not sure if Inter would have scored the breakaway as it looked like it was Corazza that was taken down.

Now as far as the Special people beating Inter in the Imperial Cup, I think you have a better chance of seeing Ankle Breaker taking a good first touch and then completing a pass to a teammate...

The Special people need more time on the training ground.

Inter needs a slap in the face!

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fantabulous....not sure you are being serious in your post but I will assume you are.

I should not even respond to something as stupid as your post but I will anyways.

You must be joking if you think Special Olympics had a chance against us..actually they probably did..i mean losing 6-0 in the first game and then 8-1 in the second game must be luck..we are lucky to have won and ran off the field knowing that the game would have been much different if Olympics had 11 men...I disagree with Sopel's comment. Inter is not cocky...Inter is confident and our organization lead by our management is very strong....our coaching staff prepare us very well for games which allows us to be confident. Our team has developed and grown older in the last four years. If you look at our club...something must be right considering that very few players have left us to go to other clubs even if they are not getting time. Our team is very close and we are like a family with a unified goal. Unlike a lot of other clubs where a lot of players move every season, our club and nucleus has stayed strong and developed and matured.

We probably are a medicore team in the VMSL. As I have said before, any team could beat any team in the VMSL. But if we are medicore..what are Olympics..what classification is there for teams that are not medicore??...perhaps we should just call them special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0