Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter Feb 07'

What is more likely to happen this month?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackturner

Feb 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is some funny shite! why make an excuse , just admit and cogratulate the winner! Thats whats sports in all about.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 1 Firefighters 2.... Firemen were up 1-0 goin into the half. Firemen went up by two with approx. 20-25 to go. Temple replied back a couple of minutes later to make it 2-1. Temple pushed hard late in the game tryinig to get a result and had some chances but couldn't score.....final score 2-1 for Firemen.

Hard Ballz

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final in Firemen/Sikh game was actually 3-1....Niall with two more, unreal finisher. Something like 11 in 8 games, injured and barely running, and I mean barely, but absolute quality when needed.

Highly qualified ref disagrees with the the Sporting claim of missing players, says "short bench, but close to same starting 11"...but who cares, you have the title on that side.

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We did congratulate you after the game, i didn't know that we were suppose do it here on TTP as well. ;)

We played terrible, and Columbus kicked our ass as the score indicates. And now everyone knows that both teams were missing key players as well, but every team has to deal with that throughout the year, so life goes on and good luck the rest of the way.

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leftonly said:
Final in Firemen/Sikh game was actually 3-1....Niall with two more, unreal finisher. Something like 11 in 8 games, injured and barely running, and I mean barely, but absolute quality when needed./QUOTE]

No doubt Niall was huge. 2nd half was exciting a numerous chances at both ends. Temple looked like they would open the scoring only a few mins in with the ball landing right in front of the net on Temple's players foot, however Firemens keeper did well to position himself and make a solid short side save. First goal came off a free kick from Niall, Temple was setting up their wall and the keeper was out of place and Niall just quickly cracked it in. Some controversay hit early in the second half, first when a Temple player was bulled over in the box by Firemens keeper during a scramble in the box. Shortly after one of Temple's defenders tried to clear the ball and it wnet off of one of the Firemens players legs, however the ref called a corner in which they scored and basically put the game away. That's the way the cookie crumbles. Temple vs Indo match could potentially still be huge for both the two teams involved.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
At Point Grey today it was a huge upset with Sapp beating Ivan Lee 3-1.
Ivan's team scored first ona great flickon by Tempest.
Sapp got a lucky goal from TT to tie the score. Later, on two occasiosn, Sapp raced down the left side of the field, beat Anklebreaker and then made passes to TT and a rookie who scored. The ref was diabolical, failing to award Inter a penalty shot. How can a ref show so much disrespect to a 1st place team.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why, even if you are in first, should you get special treatment?

I see Sporting are off suicide watch… Congrats on finally winning your side guys. Best of luck in the league final. Assholes.

:)

AntiFan

Apr 4, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 3 Afc 0 All Day long All Day long!! I took this game in after a 40 of Old English.... Norvan owned the flanks. Although there were enough Gloves and tights out there, that it looked more like a Figure skaters reunion on the pitch. Norvan also had Emanuel Petit or Tom Petty in Cheryl Swoop's Head band playing in the middle of the park, somebody get him a haircut. Convincing win by Norvan though....

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, Brian Brum was out of town for a couple of weeks, but our back up is a good young keeper who played for Douglas College this year. Lacking some experience obviously, but he has all the tools to become a very good keeper one day. Unfortunately, we hung him out to dry against Columbus

jackturner

Feb 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Credit to Norvan , they came to play seemed very ready , stuck to their strategy which worked well , nothing was going for the leopards , first half was all Norvan. Leoaprds tried tocome back in the second half , had a few chances but couldnt finish. Good work Norvan well desrved 3 points. The officiating was terrible on both sides ref made some terrible calls , may be the league need to review which refs are ready to take on premier games , obviously not her , she should be may be tried on cat team or div 1 for that matter or even women's league , Angelo you got some work to do !

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
AntiFan said:
Norvan 3 Afc 0 All Day long All Day long!! I took this game in after a 40 of Old English.... Norvan owned the flanks. Although there were enough Gloves and tights out there, that it looked more like a Figure skaters reunion on the pitch. Norvan also had Emanuel Petit or Tom Petty in Cheryl Swoop's Head band playing in the middle of the park, somebody get him a haircut. Convincing win by Norvan though....

Um, Anti Fan, I can understand rooting for the home side, good for you. But chanting out loud "All Day Long" over and over and over again like 500 times in a row for the 1st half hour, until frankly not being able to stand it any more, I had to leave, is, well, weird..

I mean, come on. Get some medication or something.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 4-1 Indo/Akal...........Someone else can tell the story....I was too ripped..(what else is new?)

P.s...i thought i'd throw that in before someone else did.

Hard Ballz

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 4-1 Indo/Akal

Great game for the Temple boys, they knew that nothing less than a win would be sufficient. The win was fully deserved with Temple limiting Indo to a couple of chances. 0-0 at the half, Temple scored around 7mins into the 2nd, Indo answered on a tip off of a set piece with about 25 or so to go. the real turning point was on the ensuing kick-off after the goal Jag Gill, who did the exact same thing last week, rushed forward beating 4 Indo players before laying it off just outside the 18 for a cross which was hammered home. This sparked Temple who went on to score another 2 and could have easily been another 2 or 3 ontop of that.

Temple has Columbus and Indo/Akal has Sapperton in their final games, both teams with everything to play for. It would be great to see a rematch of these two battle it out in a playoff, they could even probably sell tickets to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0