Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter Feb 07'

What is more likely to happen this month?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freestyler said:
Temple 4-1 Indo/Akal

Great game for the Temple boys, they knew that nothing less than a win would be sufficient. The win was fully deserved with Temple limiting Indo to a couple of chances. 0-0 at the half, Temple scored around 7mins into the 2nd, Indo answered on a tip off of a set piece with about 25 or so to go. the real turning point was on the ensuing kick-off after the goal Jag Gill, who did the exact same thing last week, rushed forward beating 4 Indo players before laying it off just outside the 18 for a cross which was hammered home. This sparked Temple who went on to score another 2 and could have easily been another 2 or 3 ontop of that.

I think this should be in the brown soccer banter thread:eek:

But really are you homosexual:confused:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everytime I come on here, your location says "Kubirs house"... I'd lay off the homosexual questions.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen beat Sapp 2-1 yesterday. Firemen will give everyone a hard game in Cup play, as long as Thompson and Skinner show-up. Niall has rounded into form at the right time. Firemen will get their 3 suspended players back.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear Ann Landers,

I promised myself I would not write to you until after the season was over. A lot of crap has happened since Oct that really turned me off of soccer and the forum site (not to mention the threats by unnamed soccer associations and heavy fines by others), and me even mentioning my most disturbing thoughts could land me in deep trouble, even death threats perhaps. But I couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer. You see, Ann, I'm having this overwhelming dilemma regarding our upcoming league game vs. Indo. Yes I know it's still a couple of weeks away at best, but a lot is riding on the game for not only Indo, but Temple as well - their survival in the Premiership (no, not the EPL, but pretty close, passionately speaking).

Both teams are tied in the standing, Temple plays Columbus in their last game and the game means tonnes to both teams (Columbus is gunning for 1st!) But our game against Indo means crap all!

A few years ago we played Temple in an exhibition game. They were a bunch of cocky Div 1 players who really insulted me and my team with comments on this very forum - I never forgave them for that. But I really respected their coach. Peps and I played many tournaments together in the late 80s and early 90s - great guy. But then he was fired after the break. So you would think my decision would be an easy one. But wait, Indo has a bunch of misfits on their squad - not to mention Chris Clarke. We had a run in with Chris and his team early in the season and I would love to see the team he leads get put in their place. So you see my dilemma. Ann, what should I do? Against Indo, should Sapp play in Red or Black unis?

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

1.) Peps was not fired. He has been at every Temple game since the break and, in fact, was pinting with the guys on Saturday night. He is still a part of the club.

2.) There are only 2 players left from that Temple team you played 4 years ago.

Hopefully a class organization like Sapp (insert flattering comment here:D ) doesn't roll over for their final game and at least puts in some sort of an effort.

Cheers

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It doesnt really matter which team Sapp puts out there.....The way things have been going Indo Akal wouldn't be able to beat the Meralomas.

Sandman

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness said:
Surrey United 1 Inter 1

Bloody boring match. I'm not sure who was worse, Walks or Knvb??? ;)
It was me.

I didn’t think it was a boring match at all, though, I can understand where Guinness is coming from, the games he’s been involved with are on a whole other level of boring than ours.

With all the preparation going on last week in the readying of Cloverdale and the overall excitement generated by having the 8 pound 6 ounce ever omnipotent Ivan Lee out at Cloverdale I forgot to post last week. I do hope he enjoyed the second tire fire, 1 simply wouldn't be enough on this day.

I thought both teams had a fair amount of chances and spells with the ball to keep it interesting. There was still a lot of intensity and some animosity amongst the players – which reminds me. If anyone could get a hold of Scotty Spracklen sometime this week and ask him to return any of my ankle and calf that may be still stuck to the bottom on his boots I would appreciate it. He can send them postage due if he likes.

Overall 1-1 I thought was fair. We had a goal and bar in the first half and they had a goal and a big VanShaggy bed wetting of their own. He must be in disarray. :rolleyes: Both teams pushed in the second as well as did a little box packing to secure the point.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 1 Metro Ford 1

They scored first, we scored second.

That's the report i got.

Werd

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are some big matches to be played in the up coming weeks. The fixtures for both Indo-Akal and Temple are huge for obvious reasons. Let's just hope that the matches are decided on the pitch and not with a handshake and wink before the game. All the sides involved are classy clubs and let's leave the match fixing to the Serie A.

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok guys I want to know what everyone else thinks about this. Lets say Sap makes provincials but before those start they play Indo and rest both Favs, Kent, Ted etc. why would this be wrong? We all know Sap isn't a young team (no disrespect) all they want to do is make sure their players are healthy for another cup run. Isn't that why you play premier soccer, to make a good cup run? So doing whatever you got to do to make sure your team is 100% for provincials is what matters. Same goes for Columbus, why risk injuries? Unfortunately Temple and Indo shot themselves in the foot all season now they want to start to whining and making excuses already for being relegated.
I beleive the year Sporting won provincials Columbus sat half of their squad the final game which Sporting won to get them in Provincials, you didn't hear (I believe it was Metro Ford) whine and moan about it. That's life, DEAL WITH IT!!

soca

Oct 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i dont hear Indo complaining as much as Temple... but if Indo happened to be relegated im sad to say it may be the end of Indo, not akal but Indo... sad to see, i grow up watching these guys and they paved the way for the indian community. Some great players were involved with Indo back in the day, aujlas, dan shankar, didar, pinder etc... just as Khalsa has disappeared Indo may shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0