Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter Feb 07'

What is more likely to happen this month?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabulous

While I am shocked that you guys beat Indo, congrats on your second win in Premier.

However, to post on here that teams took Special Olympics lightly shows that your opinions are clearly bias. With a 2 - 1 -13 record and a goals against that is awful, you can't honestly think that teams took you lightly. This is not meant to disrespect Olympics but you guys are the laughing stock of the entire VMSL. Granted you have two wins this season, but overall your season has been a joke and for the majority of the teams that have played Olympics it is a complete waste of their time. Clubs such as Surrey, Sporting, etc. do not want to play a team where the result is known before the whistle blows. It honestly is not fun.

Whatever the case, I wish you guys the best of luck in Imperial and maybe you guys can upset a team.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's been almost 24 hours and I still feel sick to my stomach. Kudos to Olympics, they did what they had to and came away with the three points.

We missed a real good sitter earlier and Olympics scored right after. We continued to press and had other glorious ( an I mean glorious) opportunities, but it was not going to be our day. Olympics scored late as we pushed everyone forward for the equalizer.

Disappointed doesn't even come close to how I feel right now. With so much on the line (3 points would have put us - 6 points clear of relegation and in a potential provinical cup berth spot) I don't understand how we could let this must win slip through. I lot of soul searching individuallly and collectively as a group this week to make sure we put forth our very best effort in the remaining games.

A distraught Gilly.:confused:

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ankle breaker... Thanx for the vote of confidence! Your right sporting beat us 1-0 this year and that game could of gone either way...But teams like that don t wanna play us cause they knew it was gonna be a blow out!!! Come on ankle breaker spare me? Apart from a few blow outs i think we finally got on track alittle too late.. The transfirmation from going to premier to division 1 was bigger than we thought. We pretty much had the same team as last year except have never played a game yet this year with our full line up.. But life is a learning experience and we are just happy we have been competitive in the final third of the season... apart from the surrey game which i heard we had 4 starters... i think we did alright.. Back to division 1 and hopefully back right up to premier... I am sure we will get knocked out early in the imperial cup but its been a fun year with a few ups and downs....PS: KNVB.. SERIOUSLY go FCUK YOURSELF!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 2, West Van 1. It was a close game that featured:

2 missed PK calls, (one each way).

1 make-up PK call, the winner, converted.

1 glaringly offside goal. And, as a result, (see immediatley below)...

2 WV coaching staff banished from the park.

2 unwarranted sendings off (one each way, one a make up call for the first mistake).

1 stocky Head Official that desperately want to get himself noticed...

1 fun old fashioned East End game to watch.

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fantabulous said:
The transfirmation from going to premier to division 1 was bigger than we thought.

Hopefully this is not the case and you guys are able to get back, but it will probably depend on your transFORmation.

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quick question for you all. With a point gained by sporting on Saturday all Surrey can do is tie them in points. Is there a playoff at the end of the season or will sporting win the division because of their head to head record vs surrey?

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:

Regs you're probably right but isnt the VMSL following FIFA guidelines? If so Sporting will probably protest. This will be a talking point by all so whats everyones opinion on this? Here are 2 scenarios from both leagues in N. America

USL website

Standings tiebreakers
Breaking Ties in the League Standings -- The breaking of ties in the final standings, playoffs and finals is accomplished by applying the following criteria, in order of importance:

1) Head-to-head record based on total points in League games.*

As for MLS website:

TEAM-STANDINGS TIE-BREAKING PROCEDURES

The team awarded the highest position in the MLS standings will be the team with the greatest number of points as determined by the point system. Ties will be broken according to the following system (NOTE: If two clubs remain tied after first club advances during any step, tie breaker reverts to step 1 of the two-club format):

1) The highest position shall be awarded to the team with the better win/loss record in current regular season games against all other teams equal in points. (head-to-head competition)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe in the FVSL teams tied at the top of the league standings at the conclusion of the schedule go with the goals for and against +/- rule.

I've been wrong before though! :rolleyes:

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
from the valley site:

The team having the highest number of points in each of the divisions of the League shall be declared the winner in the respective division. In the event of a tie in points, the position of the teams will be determined in the following order:

(i) record against the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(ii) goals for and against versus the other team or teams; or, if still tied

(iii) a playoff between the team or teams.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Spy, all the crap you just posted is irrelevant. VMSL will go on past-precedent, which is that they have a playoff to determine a side winner should two teams be tied on points.

This exact scenario occured on the B side in 2004 between the same two teams. Surrey won 1-0.

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
But who cares, like Surrey will catch them - that race is over the race is to not be at the bottom of the table on that side, which will have some exciting games left to play.......

See here for KNVB to save in archives should they tie them and then repost and rip me a new ass.....

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If I did that wouldn't all the boys at your little Pilates clinic be jealous?

It's really doubtful at this point we'll catch the Chops even though they've mercifully collapsed 3 prior seasons in a row in time for us to catch and pass them. :D I think this may finally be their year and good for them. The relegation battle on side B is going to be interesting for sure as will the 3 pony race to win Side A.

I'd gladly turn in one of our league trophies for another shot at the Imperial

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB

Sold my locations, all out of that now - trust you to throw a slag in....I think we play you soon, no worries, my arse is the size of yours now, won't leave the center circle much, so you will have plenty more chances to kick me as you said "who doesn't iove to two foot you"......

See you soon, pints after.....

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We play Croatia then Metro Ford, which team are you on this month? I hear one more team and you get a free one...

If your ass has grown that much we better hope we don't have Walks as a ref or there won't be room in the center circle for the kick off.

Pints, for sure.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
BJB said:
Croatia/Sapperton move to Wednesday night under the lights... This should be interesting how many wives come out to the game?? :rolleyes:

PS WAB i got you a valentines day card.... :rolleyes:

You also gave him 3 points. Can't believe Croatia's high priced talent couldn't beat that old and tired Sapp team ,:wa:

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus (lots - too many too count, a touchdown + a two point conversion) Indo (not a single point)

Onto to next week.....

Gilly

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 1-0 Temple

Temple once again failed to create any quality chances. 0-0 at the half about 15 mins into the 2nd half West Van cracked one in from outside the 18 off off a bounce from the cross. West Van sat back the rest f the game however Temple really could not creae anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0