Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big win by Sapp over Indo, and the Canes snuck by Serbia, making the race to avoid relegation very interesting and tomorrow's game between Croatia/Akal very important.

Hurricanes 22
Sapperton 20 (1 game in hand against West Van on Feb 16, 2011)
Croatia 20
Akal 17
Serbia 7

I still think the number will be 24, but there could be a potential playoff.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SUFF/RFC - 1-1

not the best game, but very hard fought by both sides. each team were missing some very key players through injury, and the referee did not allow any flow to the match and SUFF looked to have grabbed the points in the 85'.... only for RFC to grab the equalizer very very late into injury time on a goal mouth scramble.

From what I understand Thomo was lucky to not have been shown a straight red for punching the RFC defender in the head. Ref saw it point blank but lucky for SUFF he left his balls at home today.

ShipItMuppet

Apr 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
true. there was 2mins left and the referee made up for it with the free kick, 90sec later! (that suff didnt clear)

game over. 1-1 - was consistent calls both ways all 90mins.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 3
ICST Peg 2

The ICST lads played a pretty decent game...created several opportunities but could not put Sapperton away. With a 2-0 half time lead - three points should have been in the bag. However, Footy is a funny game....could have been 6-0 in the second half for us but Sapp got a goal to make it 2-1 and they slotted two late to take all three points. Queens Park is a
mess and Walks did a good job in the middle. Man of the match was the Sapp goalie....one of the better keepers in the league.

It could have been 6-0 at halftime were it not for the Sapperton keeper. But full marks to Sapp as they never gave up and they pulled out another late victory against us. 0-2 vs Cloughie this year and we are on a 3 game losing streak to Sapperton dating back to Imperial Cup last year. I guess we don't match up very well against this team :confused:

I see the Serbia/Croatia game next weekend is scheduled for Empire Field?? It will be interesting to see how many show up to watch and what they will charge to get in. If nothing else, it's an opportunity to see how soccer looks in the new stadium.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I see the Serbia/Croatia game next weekend is scheduled for Empire Field?? It will be interesting to see how many show up to watch and what they will charge to get in. If nothing else, it's an opportunity to see how soccer looks in the new stadium.

Both, Croatia and Serbia, are better than their current standings. A lot of young and interesting players on both sides. It should be a good game and, as you said, a chance to see the new stadium.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
MF 3
Westside 1

can really have no complaints about the result other than the fact it was actually 3-2 (mystery call back on nothing short of a legitimate goal for us). we did actually lead this game 1-0 and were well in it till a 15 minute spell early in the 2nd half.

biggest talking point: ollie haunted by the ghosts of westside past as he missed, (on purpose ;):rolleyes:), a pk.

results around us did us no favours. going to make for some very competitive games down the stretch.

we're moving our home games to empire stadium to accommodate the expected crowds...

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big win for us yesterday. I'd say delta had more chances but we got a late pk and took the three points. Been a while and hopefully we can build on it. On to mf this week.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know his name but he has a shaved head and a heavy accent. He is new to the league this year. It would be fine if all the officials refereed like him but they don't and therein lies the problem: consistency. When you are used to someone like Kevin Uppal, who has done many of our games, probably too many, the difference in styles and decisions is night and day. It was very frustrating for both teams the other night but I don't think it affected the result.

I know the referees have a very tough job and the league is strapped for quality officials but I can not recall one time in my years in the game that I have I been exposed to a "recruitment campaign" for officials. So it begs the question where are these guys coming from? I think they would have some success in recruiting older players that are moving towards the Masters division and wanted to stay involved in the game but not neccesarily as players. These are guys that are familiar with the league. I know I would have at least considered it at one time but no one every asked.

:bronco:
It wasn't the sapperton coach milky mills reffing was it
Shaved head & fat !!!!

Sid

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they would have some success in recruiting older players that are moving towards the Masters division and wanted to stay involved in the game but not neccesarily as players. These are guys that are familiar with the league.

They're doing Div 2 games. :D

whistle blower

Mar 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
From BC Soccers Rules & Regualations

i) A registered player who is also on the official list of referees shall not officiate in any league or competition in which the player's team is entered

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
From BC Soccers Rules & Regualations

i) A registered player who is also on the official list of referees shall not officiate in any league or competition in which the player's team is entered

Hey Whistle Blower, citing all of these rules makes me think you could be a part of the Sapperton staff and, therefore, ineligible to referee in the vmsl.

:wa:

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think what Reedie is getting at is players who have played at the level but are no longer involved in the game. I might be spitballing, however.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think what Reedie is getting at is players who have played at the level but are no longer involved in the game. I might be spitballing, however.

Yes, this is what I am getting at. I remember when I played youth soccer our entire team was approached about getting involved with refereeing and many of us did so. I don't know who recruited us but it was a very good idea....until of course a very controversial hand ball call and the subsequent angry parent running onto the field of a mini soccer game ended my officiating career at the ripe age of 12. Anyway, where are we recruiting new referees now is my question....where did our current referees come from? A half dozen people have informed me that the "shaved head, heavy Macedonian accent" official in question used to referee in the FVSL but is now banned from that league. I guess I see now where the VMSL is recruiting from.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, this is what I am getting at. I remember when I played youth soccer our entire team was approached about getting involved with refereeing and many of us did so. I don't know who recruited us but it was a very good idea....until of course a very controversial hand ball call and the subsequent angry parent running onto the field of a mini soccer game ended my officiating career at the ripe age of 12. Anyway, where are we recruiting new referees now is my question....where did our current referees come from? A half dozen people have informed me that the "shaved head, heavy Macedonian accent" official in question used to referee in the FVSL but is now banned from that league. I guess I see now where the VMSL is recruiting from.

We had this REF in a div 1 game ,He told me he did high level pro teams in Europe and had just been doing FVSL since he arrived in Canada .
I though he would be great , but he gave us 3 reds all for second yellows and a bogus pk in our favour we won with 8 men .
I do not post about refs but he was terrible

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

my career ended at 14, a coach blew his whistle from the sideline on what he thought was a penalty shot and then walked on the field and told me if I can't make the call he would. I then informed him I was already paid and it seemed he could handle things from here and I went home. The abuse I took at 11 and 12 lineing U16-U18 Metro games was nearly unbearable and I absolutly hated it. Now I think I will likely ref when I am finished playing and look forward to the banter.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had this REF in a div 1 game ,He told me he did high level pro teams in Europe and had just been doing FVSL since he arrived in Canada .
I though he would be great , but he gave us 3 reds all for second yellows and a bogus pk in our favour we won with 8 men .
I do not post about refs but he was terrible

Is that the guy who was in charge of the ICST Pegasus-Columbus officiating nightmare the other week? :confused: If so, he must have received a talking to because he was very in control in our match vs SUFF on Saturday...except when he chickened out of sending off Niall for punching our 19-yr old defender in the back of the head for beating him to the ball...I guess I shouldn't be surprised tho seeing as this is the same coach who punched out one of his best players over a joke last year on team night out...SHOCK-ing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0