Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What brought on all the cards, dirty game or dirty mouths?

If you ask Croatia, every foul is a red card "according to the rules" :rolleyes: A lot of whining during our mid-week game at Andy Livingston. They probably would moan and say that we were just as bad however. Sh*te result for us as we gave up a 2-nil lead at the half. Credit to Croatia for coming out in the 2nd and putting us on the back foot for most of the half.

On to West Van this afternoon.

CICwhoenjoysrufflingDidarsfeathers

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What brought on all the cards, dirty game or dirty mouths?

If you ask Croatia, every foul is a red card "according to the rules" :rolleyes: A lot of whining during our mid-week game at Andy Livingston. They probably would moan and say that we were just as bad however. Sh*te result for us as we gave up a 2-nil lead at the half. Credit to Croatia for coming out in the 2nd and putting us on the back foot for most of the half.

On to West Van this afternoon.

CICwhoenjoysrufflingDidarsfeathers

Poli received a straight red card for a tackle on Adam Costley in the 2nd half. I don't think Poli is a dirty player at all but this was a very bad challenge, in my opinion. I think the score was 2-0 at the time. Deblasio and Carlos were then sent off at the same time shortly after that for 2nd yellow offences, both of which were very dodgy decisions and for Deblasio it may have been only his first yellow of the game but the referee decided to chuck him anyway for yapping. There was another Columbus red in the last moments of the game, once again for a 2nd yellow, this time for a hand ball in the box that resulted in a penalty kick to make it 4-0. All in all, a shocking refereeing performance but no question that we deserved the victory on the night.

PS) I was also asked to leave the field in the first half :wa:

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC is the most improved team that i have seen this year from last. I told Brad when we first played them this year that he should get out of the pipes and get back up front with their new striker ( Taj i think). Well they were both up front today and they were dangerous throughout the game. I don't think that Brad stopped running and Taj seemed to be in the right places when he needed to be. We got beat today and we all knew it. Gotta get better. Good luck to RFC the rest of the way. Good bunch of guys.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who was reffing Reedie?

I don't know his name but he has a shaved head and a heavy accent. He is new to the league this year. It would be fine if all the officials refereed like him but they don't and therein lies the problem: consistency. When you are used to someone like Kevin Uppal, who has done many of our games, probably too many, the difference in styles and decisions is night and day. It was very frustrating for both teams the other night but I don't think it affected the result.

I know the referees have a very tough job and the league is strapped for quality officials but I can not recall one time in my years in the game that I have I been exposed to a "recruitment campaign" for officials. So it begs the question where are these guys coming from? I think they would have some success in recruiting older players that are moving towards the Masters division and wanted to stay involved in the game but not neccesarily as players. These are guys that are familiar with the league. I know I would have at least considered it at one time but no one every asked.

:bronco:

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC is the most improved team that i have seen this year from last. I told Brad when we first played them this year that he should get out of the pipes and get back up front with their new striker ( Taj i think). Well they were both up front today and they were dangerous throughout the game. I don't think that Brad stopped running and Taj seemed to be in the right places when he needed to be. We got beat today and we all knew it. Gotta get better. Good luck to RFC the rest of the way. Good bunch of guys.

Walks did our game and he did an excellent job, for once. :D ;)

Great result for us yesterday at Minoru especially after dropping points in our last 2 games. As 29 mentioned, Taj was a force all over the pitch for us. Obviously his exploits going forward are quite noticeable, but his work off the ball defensively really helps our midfield to keep shape. His 2nd effort alone managed to get him our much needed insurance marker late in the game. WV looked a much younger side to ones I've gone up against over the past 3 seasons. Not that I'm complaining about not having to go up against Shorty! They certainly have quality there's no doubting that, just a matter of putting it all together, something we've been fortunate enough to start doing this season. Good luck to them the rest of the way.

Undefeated at home, and it feels so good :cool: haha

Big game towards the bottom of the table today between Akal and Hurricanes, an Akal loss would surely see them off in terms of relegation no?

CICwhofinallyscored!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two things Reedie:

1) Once you have drank the fireball with the lads and all the Uncles present at the NAP Clubhouse you are forever a fan of ICST Pegasus

2) Inter wears Blue and Black and is called...Inter...as in F.C. Internazional Milano. As an AC Milan fan I hate Inter in all its forms.

So to answer your question, I will likely be back :wa:

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Berg, looks like there could be a Peg vs. Norvan Imperial Quaterfinals. Who's coattails will you be riding then? :p

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
When conflicts of interest arise I wish both parties the best of luck and pray the officiating is clean. Then, whatever the outcome, may the best team win.

In practice I will be cheering for whomever promises to rock the party hardest after the win :wa:

Remember kids, win or lose, hit the booze.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also interesting in the Imperial Draw is that Richmond FC (Premier) plays the winner of Richmond FC (Div1) and NK Hrvat (Div 1).

Shitty.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 3
ICST Peg 2

The ICST lads played a pretty decent game...created several opportunities but could not put Sapperton away. With a 2-0 half time lead - three points should have been in the bag. However, Footy is a funny game....could have been 6-0 in the second half for us but Sapp got a goal to make it 2-1 and they slotted two late to take all three points. Queens Park is a
mess and Walks did a good job in the middle. Man of the match was the Sapp goalie....one of the better keepers in the league.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 4, Columbus 0.

Doliba with a good job keeping things calm. No cards.

Much-needed 3 points for Inter.

ShipItMuppet

Apr 19, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
SUFF/RFC - 1-1

not the best game, but very hard fought by both sides. each team were missing some very key players through injury, and the referee did not allow any flow to the match and SUFF looked to have grabbed the points in the 85'.... only for RFC to grab the equalizer very very late into injury time on a goal mouth scramble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0