Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta 4
Serbia 2

A tale of 2 halves. Serbia countered really well as our midfield was shocking in the first half. They finished 2 of their 4 or 5 breakaways/partial breakways. Steve London stood on his head and kept us in it.

A few key changes and adjustments at half time proved to be the difference as we responded with 4 unanswered goals. Mike Gomes got the come back rolling with a beauty of a header on a cross from Harp. Mike then scored the tying goal a couple minutes later on a great individual effort inside the 18 turning 3 defenders before slotting it home. Harp got the go ahead goal when sent in on a breakaway by Gianni. The scoring was capped off by a Garrett breakaway set up with a nice through ball played by my brother, Mike.

Scary first half for us, but we are glad to take the points.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good game tonight at ambleside. We scored a cracker with probably 15 or 20 to go. We couldn't hold our shape for the last 15 and they came at us with everything and scored with probably 10 to go. Good game and probably should have gotten the three points. On to three games in two weeks.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ICST Peg 0 Richmond 0

Sloppy first half as neither team was able to sustain any form of attack as the flanks were rarely used. The second half was controlled by ICST but Richmond did a great job of blocking a lot of shots in the 18. ICST missed a few sitters. Sahil was dominating his side of the pitch particularly in the second half. Overall, ICST should feel a little unfortunate to not earn all 3 points but Richmond put in a good shift and made life difficult for them.

The ref from Alberta did a good job..........especially ignoring some of the unnecessary whining which was coming from the pitch and sidelines........

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref from Alberta did a good job..........especially ignoring some of the unnecessary whining which was coming from the pitch and sidelines........[/QUOTE]

Our refs are used to being in a MEN's game !!!!!! and better quality on the pitch.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref from Alberta did a good job..........especially ignoring some of the unnecessary whining which was coming from the pitch and sidelines........

Our refs are used to being in a MEN's game !!!!!! and better quality on the pitch.[/QUOTE]

Welcome back Larsson, stuff was too quiet around here! How is the prep for the season coming along in Caledonian Central?

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry but I'm not sire we were watching the same game there Larry. MF had about ten minutes is pressure were they were dangerous and got a shite goal. Other than that I think we were more dangerous and should have gotten the points.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbs and Croats tied today. In a well played game by both sides. Even with rain and cold, they still head around two hundred people watching the game. Nice place to play in. City of Vancouver should buy the stadium and keap it as is. Fantastic small place to play ball. Also to hold bigger events in soccer, like Nationals also world friendly games vs our Ladies and our men. Money pit just need a positive push. Maybe even A league side to be the cat side to Caps as they move down town. Residency guys could draw cheques. Nuber 8 on a Serbian side head an outstanding game. Number 13 on Croatian side totaly stood out. Made many nice runs and proper plays.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry Grimm, gotta disagree with you there. Were were more dangerous in the final third and I'd say we had more possession. I was not worried about there attack until the shot deflected off my defender when I was already diving. Played mf many times and I have seen them be way more dangerous than they were on Friday. We'll see them again and I know it will be a lot tougher. Off to by more crack before my next post.

robj

Lifetime Better Bastard
Nov 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey fully deserved the win. Our boys did not come out to play yesterday. SU scored a nice goal in the first 3 min of play. We had a couple of big opportunities in the first but could not capitalize and Sheppard came out big. The second goal was an own goal in the final seconds off the first half. Going down 2-0 at the half puts us in a tough and to ice the cake SU scored their third goal in the opening minutes of the first. I missed most of the second as I was in the ambulance with Blakeway. He suffered a bad concussion in the first half. SU showed alot of class and thank you for the concern about Blakes.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey fully deserved the win. Our boys did not come out to play yesterday. SU scored a nice goal in the first 3 min of play. We had a couple of big opportunities in the first but could not capitalize and Sheppard came out big. The second goal was an own goal in the final seconds off the first half. Going down 2-0 at the half puts us in a tough and to ice the cake SU scored their third goal in the opening minutes of the first. I missed most of the second as I was in the ambulance with Blakeway. He suffered a bad concussion in the first half. SU showed alot of class and thank you for the concern about Blakes.

Blakes is one of the nicest guys on and off the pitch. I hope he gets better soon!

Kaaa

Apr 18, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey boys....Dave Gustar here from Victoria/Gorge ...anyone know Tk's (Tiernan King's) contact info...email? Cheers

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dave,

Private message The Apprentice here on TTP, he'll have it.

Cheers,

Regs.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Serbs and Croats tied today. In a well played game by both sides. Even with rain and cold, they still head around two hundred people watching the game. Nuber 8 on a Serbian side head an outstanding game. Number 13 on Croatian side totaly stood out. Made many nice runs and proper plays.

It looks YouTube - Serbian White Eagles vs Croatia (VMSL Premier League Season 2010/11) that it was an interesting game. Based on the standings both teams may end up in Division 1 next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0