Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base also heard that croatia looked good today against MF. Was Johnny Pesch there or are the rumours true that he has tranfered to the masters division??

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I did not see Johny there. He might have been away. Croatia is bunch of younger guys. Few very good. Young Matteo young Gordy and a big youg older D man loked good also #21# 13 . Big D was steaming by the end of the game. Older Sules is yapping but it is Joe that pulled of todays win. It is all good. Pesh should play masters he has a family to take care of. His side kick has no kids he can play five more years. Last thing I heard Darko is bringing in Parm next year to get him an Sules fit. I still say China Creek Hill will bring in A cup.
Beer tastes way better after runs like that.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base for the most part I admit you entertain me but I am confused on this one?

[QUOTEbig youg older D man loked good][/QUOTE]

Was the D-man younger or old, I gotta admit you stumped me here!!;)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Older thirty to be true. But his girlfried now wife had him p wipped he could not play. Very good player. Fun guy to be around. Him an Sules goe back to child soccer. All they have to do is bring youg Polish R D and team will emprove. Sules is on the right track. Any time you beat Veer an Valenti you must be doing somthing right.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
RFC 2 - 0 Serbia

RFC deserved 3 points tonight although Serbians, with their very young team, played quite well. The goals were scored in 2nd and 79th minute. RFC obviously more experienced team which definitely was a factor in tonight's game. Two great saves by Serbian goalkeepper in the 2nd half when his team was pressing to tie the game.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turning point of the game was Luke O'Shea's stop from close range... diving save on a well hit shot from the top of the 18. The game was still 1-0 at this point. Game saver for RFC.

The "new" Serbia is very young. They will not avoid relegation, but we could see them back in premier in a couple of years if they keep this young group together.

Looking forward to the rematch with Westside this weekend (weather permitting).

vanball

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Turning point of the game was Luke O'Shea's stop from close range... diving save on a well hit shot from the top of the 18. The game was still 1-0 at this point. Game saver for RFC.

The "new" Serbia is very young. They will not avoid relegation, but we could see them back in premier in a couple of years if they keep this young group together.

Looking forward to the rematch with Westside this weekend (weather permitting).

I agree - I thought their ball movement and technical stuff was very good. They were not physical enough (due to their youth?) and the ball stayed in one zone too long and then was played too long against our big back line. If they get past this, they could be a handful. They are one of those teams that does well in Div 1 but comes up short in Prem.

Bring on those Westsiders!

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Code:
Did two players contact us about playing for Poco FC?Yes. Did we approach them while they were with West Van?No. Is one of our sponsors paying their dues at WVFC?Yes. Are we paying them to play?No. 

WVFC won't sign the papers because they say these two owe the club a "substantial" amount of money. Been trying to contact the manager with no luck to see how much "substantial" is. How much money can 2 players owe a team? Can't wait to hear the amount. Probably gonna charge them per sip of water they took at training

Reedie, we are definitely trying to build for a future. This isn't a one year thing. There is no pay cheques to be collected every week. There is definitely advantages and opportunities while playing for our team but not a jar of money after every game you can dip your hand in. I really don't give a flying fcuk about what anyone says about how we go about doing things because it's none of their business. Now I will take myself back to the shitty FVSL forums and think about how I can improve my 4th place team. Good luck to all the VMSL premier teams in the new year.

TA
Brian Cashman[/SIZE]

So what happened in this soap opera? Enquiring minds need to know! Did the forms get signed or not? Faced with a similar situation myself, curious on VMSL stance. Can they force the transfer?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having said that, it is one thing to pay amateur players with money, but if anyone is being paid by other methods, no local team or league needs that kind of thing.

Sir M

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Having said that, it is one thing to pay amateur players with money, but if anyone is being paid by other methods, no local team or league needs that kind of thing.

Sir M

Its pretty clear those comments are directed at Poco FC. What exactly are you trying to imply? None of our players are being paid by other methods and I find just the thought of you making a statement like that pretty innapropriate especially in a public forum. I understand West Van might be upset about losing Milad but don't come on here and act like you know what's going on at our club. Some of our players are sponsored by public and private companies. We have also got two off the players who left the vmsl to join us this year jobs with these companies. If you want to know anything else about our club feel free to look me up on the fvsl directory and give me a call. Hope to hear from u soon.

TA

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its pretty clear those comments are directed at Poco FC. What exactly are you trying to imply? None of our players are being paid by other methods and I find just the thought of you making a statement like that pretty innapropriate especially in a public forum. I understand West Van might be upset about losing Milad but don't come on here and act like you know what's going on at our club. Some of our players are sponsored by public and private companies. We have also got two off the players who left the vmsl to join us this year jobs with these companies. If you want to know anything else about our club feel free to look me up on the fvsl directory and give me a call. Hope to hear from u soon.

TA

The Apprentice,

It is probably in the best interest of your club that you avoid making any further comments.

If there is the club out there that pays its amateur players they better do it legally and correctly otherwise they could have huge issues with CRA. It is a very complex issue when it comes to the sponsorships and any club better asks a professional for an advice.

I’ll just say that no company can hire John Doe and pay him not to work for them but to play for a local club (unless the company owns the club, John Doe’s job is to play for that club, and there is a clear business relation with the company and the club).

Yes, every company can also sign a sponsorship agreement with certain individual but that sponsorship agreement has to make business sense. In other words, how John Doe benefits the company XYZ?

But, again, that is a very complex issue, and John Doe, company XYZ, and the local sport’s club, better check with a professional how to make everything legal.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Erm, let's not take this so far, K guys?

Playing for a team and getting a job with a team sponsor is nothing new and has been done for ages. If anything, more of this is needed in senior soccer, not less.

Cheers,

Regs.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
@ RL RCD / Captain Serious

your kidding right?

Funny..

I doubt the CRA is interested in petty cash being doled out to amatuer soccer players.... The return on any investigation would not be worth the wage or ones time...

Regs ,

yes it is needed more.. Was Umbro not one of the leaders in sponsorship some years ago.. it seemed like most of the vmsl worked thier at one time or another.

SirM, What is wrong with buying one of your player a Blow job for scoring a hat trick or setting up the game winner? Dont feel so left out ya sour puss

Where does one get off telling others how to spend thier own money.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
@ RL RCD / Captain Serious

your kidding right?

Funny..

I doubt the CRA is interested in petty cash being doled out to amatuer soccer players.... The return on any investigation would not be worth the wage or ones time...

Regs ,

yes it is needed more.. Was Umbro not one of the leaders in sponsorship some years ago.. it seemed like most of the vmsl worked thier at one time or another.

SirM, What is wrong with buying one of your player a Blow job for scoring a hat trick or setting up the game winner? Dont feel so left out ya sour puss

Where does one get off telling others how to spend thier own money.

Polska,

I am not talking about petty cash money. My comment goes behind that. If somebody is doing that then they better do it correctly (petty cash or not).

By the way, I have nothing against being paid to play soccer. Other clubs have been doing that for years. They hire some former pros or semi-pros as Technical Directors, Y-team coaches (paid positions) and so on and those guys also play for their Premier teams. What is wrong with that? Absolutely nothing! Guys get a job and continue playing soccer. Nothing illegal there.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polska,

I am not talking about petty cash money. My comment goes behind that. If somebody is doing that then they better do it correctly (petty cash or not).

By the way, I have nothing against being paid to play soccer. Other clubs have been doing that for years. They hire some former pros or semi-pros as Technical Directors, Y-team coaches (paid positions) and so on and those guys also play for their Premier teams. What is wrong with that? Absolutely nothing! Guys get a job and continue playing soccer. Nothing illegal there.

In that case i guess we need to call the CRA on dog breeders, guys who fix cars out of their garages and all NHL owners who buy players houses and fancy cars as a way work around the salary cap..

Not that i'm trying to discredit you but again the CRA coming after a Premier FVSL team is not going to happen...

They are to busy chasing the chinamen that pull up and roll 10 deep out of a van to cut an east vancouver lawn for 20 bucks.. NO TAX!

Local soccer at the top amatuer level could use alot more incentive like what TA and at one time GHOUSE provided... Although One can only do so many hookers and snort so much blow.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL RCD,

I agree with everything you wrote in your post and that is why we looked into it before the season started and seeked professional advice. All of the clubs business is handled by professional people. I think you and alot of other people are under the impression that we are throwing stacks of cash around to players and trying to bend the rules. Far from it. This club is run correctly from top to bottom. I appreciate your concern for our club and your advice for me not to comment further is noted:rolleyes:

I think what we are doing is good for amateur soccer and if people want to criticize us for it then so be it. I have said it before and i will repeat it again for everyone....we do not care what people say about our club. We just go about our own business and don't get involved in other teams. And with that, I'm done.

TA

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Apprentice,

As I mentioned before, your club is not the first one that is paying players and it really does not matter how much. Other big clubs have been doing that for years and I explained how. Again, I have really no problem that it is obviously being done.

What you guys are doing will make other teams/clubs to start thinking how to involve some sponsors into their organizations, how to get some money to make things running better. That can only create a very competitive atmosphere that can help soccer in BC and also in Canada. What can be wrong if your team wins Provincials this year and then Nationals? Absolutely nothing! It can be only good for soccer in BC.

This is exactly the reason why I have been against stupid “out-of-district” rule in youth soccer and I have been saying that for the last 10,15 years. Some lazy people in youth districts implemented this rule so “one club/team cannot get all the best players”. What is wrong if every single player wants to go to play for one club? It means that club is doing something right and the other clubs should follow. Limit the number of registered players to 16 and that will fix the problem, not ridiculous “out-of-district” rule. One team will not register 10 best forwards in Lower Mainland when they need only 3 or 4. It is very simple but there are a lot of people involved in soccer here in BC who never even kicked the ball in their lives, yet they keep (or used to keep) some well paid part-time positions. Good money for nothing! Let’s make teams even by implementing ridiculous administrative rules! Yeah, right! Thanks to those geniuses Canadian soccer is nowhere.

So, good luck, The Apprentice, there is nothing wrong with what you guys are doing (and you said you do it correctly)! If your team is that good and has a lot of great players I will be the first one to come to watch it regularly. After all, that would be free entertainment so why would anyone complain!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RL RCD,

We do have a lot of great players...just don't know if we are that good lol. I don't know if you want to come watch the current 5th place team in the FVSL but if you do come I will promise you a meet and greet with Harmse,Chin,Cucca, and TK. I will even make the wear there old 'Caps uniforms ;)

TA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0