Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard that last night. I guess the Fraser valley Yankees had a few extra dollars
Left in their in their salary cap and picked up two of the top players from two years ago. Geeze quit a while ago and said he was done with soccer. Guess he couldn't find a job and went to poco. Milad had a cry at our team meeting the other day and I guess quit after that. Hopefully he can get back to form with poco because he didn't do very much for us this year except get a stupid red card against Inter. I wish both of these guys well and hope even more now that we get to play the Yankees come cup time.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did two players contact us about playing for Poco FC?Yes. Did we approach them while they were with West Van?No. Is one of our sponsors paying their dues at WVFC?Yes. Are we paying them to play?No.

WVFC won't sign the papers because they say these two owe the club a "substantial" amount of money. Been trying to contact the manager with no luck to see how much "substantial" is. How much money can 2 players owe a team? Can't wait to hear the amount. Probably gonna charge them per sip of water they took at training:rolleyes:

Reedie, we are definitely trying to build for a future. This isn't a one year thing. There is no pay cheques to be collected every week. There is definitely advantages and opportunities while playing for our team but not a jar of money after every game you can dip your hand in. I really don't give a flying fcuk about what anyone says about how we go about doing things because it's none of their business. Now I will take myself back to the shitty FVSL forums and think about how I can improve my 4th place team. Good luck to all the VMSL premier teams in the new year.

TA
Brian Cashman[/SIZE]

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
TA, do u have to pay even when u lose? That would suck. Milad has been sought after for a while and has been offered cash to play elsewhere. Ur saying he chose poco because he is looking to the future. Guess he just likes driving to the valley for training and games. Not sure how much they owe but for a small fee from ur "sponsors" I can find out. I know that Geez hasn't paid for a pint since he started playing for us. Maybe that's what he owes for Good luck this year and in the future. Hopefully both of our teams can turn it around in the new year.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did two players contact us about playing for Poco FC?Yes. Did we approach them while they were with West Van?No. Is one of our sponsors paying their dues at WVFC?Yes. Are we paying them to play?No.

WVFC won't sign the papers because they say these two owe the club a "substantial" amount of money. Been trying to contact the manager with no luck to see how much "substantial" is. How much money can 2 players owe a team? Can't wait to hear the amount. Probably gonna charge them per sip of water they took at training:rolleyes:

Reedie, we are definitely trying to build for a future. This isn't a one year thing. There is no pay cheques to be collected every week. There is definitely advantages and opportunities while playing for our team but not a jar of money after every game you can dip your hand in. I really don't give a flying fcuk about what anyone says about how we go about doing things because it's none of their business. Now I will take myself back to the shitty FVSL forums and think about how I can improve my 4th place team. Good luck to all the VMSL premier teams in the new year.

TA
Brian Cashman[/SIZE]

I am not criticizing how you are going about things at all. I think it's great for the game...it certainly makes things more interesting. What I don't understand is why you didn't do this with the team that was in the vmsl after the merger with Sapperton? Why would the Yankees play in the minors?
:wa:

To say you are not paying your 2 new players is laughable.
:cool:

TheBoss

Mar 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Heard that last night. I guess the Fraser valley Yankees had a few extra dollars
Left in their in their salary cap and picked up two of the top players from two years ago. Geeze quit a while ago and said he was done with soccer. Guess he couldn't find a job and went to poco. Milad had a cry at our team meeting the other day and I guess quit after that. Hopefully he can get back to form with poco because he didn't do very much for us this year except get a stupid red card against Inter. I wish both of these guys well and hope even more now that we get to play the Yankees come cup time.

So if what your saying is actually true, and these two guys really aren't doing any thing for the team, why hold out on signing their papers?? The laughable issue here is the "substantial" amount of money owe..... West Van has those ridiculous sponsor boards up at home games for a reason right? Give me a break, you guys didn't make two of the best players in the VMSL pay administrative fee's etc to barely keep them there... Now their indebted to you?? Get over it, they want to move on, so should you.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So if what your saying is actually true, and these two guys really aren't doing any thing for the team, why hold out on signing their papers?? The laughable issue here is the "substantial" amount of money owe..... West Van has those ridiculous sponsor boards up at home games for a reason right? Give me a break, you guys didn't make two of the best players in the VMSL pay administrative fee's etc to barely keep them there... Now their indebted to you?? Get over it, they want to move on, so should you.

That part is not laughable...it is just very funny.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reedie, we want our own team. We want to be in control of the club. If we went to Sapperton they already had ownership and an executive committee in place. Maybe next year we will be in the vmsl premier. You never know what could happen. I wasn't saying specifically you had a problem with how we do things just a lot of people been criticizing us. And if you wanna laugh...then laugh away my friend.

TA
Evil Empire

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 2 Hurricanes 4

Great result for Hurricanes. I said it in December and I will say it again...I think Hurricanes will stay up this year. When they have all of their players out, they are a very talented team. Serbia, Akal and Sapperton would appear to be in the most trouble but that can all change with a couple of wins. Don't forget that there are still 9 or 10 league games remaining, so no one in the bottom 9 or 10 spots should feel that safe just yet.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1
Sapp 1

gutsy result for sapp. they played with 10 men for a good 70 minutes after their keeper lost his cool and threw an over reaction punch. westside with a nice half volley to go up 1-0 shortly thereafter. full marks to sapp for continuing to battle and finally being rewarded with a pk late to tie it.
we did have opportunities to put the game to bed on counters, as sapp pushed, but really couldn't find any quality in the final 1/3rd. they too could have taken all three points if it wasn't for a couple great saves by our keeper.
all in all, a piss poor display of football from both sides and quite honestly one of my most painful experiences in coaching, (and spectating) to date.

reedie

Sep 20, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SUFF 2 , Pegasus 0

Both teams looked a little rusty in this one...looked more like a pre-season game at times but full credit to Surrey for getting all 3 points and keeping pace for the league title. I think this is a 2 team race and I predict Surrey will win the league again.

On anther note, there was a rumour at the field that Serbia has folded. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I know several players have already moved to different teams like Hurricanes, Akal and one to Delta I believe. If they are folding, they should never be allowed back in the league again.

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
On anther note, there was a rumour at the field that Serbia has folded. Can anyone confirm or deny this? I know several players have already moved to different teams like Hurricanes, Akal and one to Delta I believe. If they are folding, they should never be allowed back in the league again.

Game is still on as per VMSL web site.

euro-11

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
serbia hasnt folded... i dont know whose spreading that rumour around ... because that will never happen
ya some of the players left but we have also signed some players soo there is no truth to that rumour.,,, n who ever spread that is a moron

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford vs Croatia . Two to zero was the final. Good points for younger Croatian side. Shape was bit of a problem for both sides. Game it self at times looked good. Turn overs by both side were in a gig numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0