Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters Div 1] Predictions, Results and Banter 2014/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

old fart

Sep 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow bandcamp we both only had one right. Will have to do better this week...Should be interesting week now that everyone has seen each other..I recall first week with four ties to start year off, cant see that this week....congrats on making Sir M top 20 you guys should be higher than Roma in Coaches League I think ...picks coming soon

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions this week......
Lomas tie Originals (no home field advantage for the O'men this week)
Rangers over da Bomb (will Rangers lose this year??)
Norvan over Croatia (with only 5 guys out to practice this week, Norvan must be well rested.....:rolleyes:)
Horses over Wolves (back on track after last week)
Alemania tie Falconetti (long grass plays equalizer in this one)

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lomas v Originals - even a Friday night game at Jericho can't get the Lomas a win. 2-0 O-Men.
VUFC - v Bombastic - never in doubt? The keeners handed us our only blemish of the season in week 1 so we shall see. One thing's for sure though: there will be cones all over the field and lots of Bombers warming up 90 minutes before the match :)
Norvan v Croatia - Sorry Mick, I like Croatia in this one because 5 of your guys will be tired!
Horsies v Burnaby - Now that I've played against both of these teams…easy: Horses. Especially if 29 is 17 Kokanee in and circling the field in his red hoody! PalmBay!
Alemania v Falconetti's - close one at Kensington. Tie.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp, hilarious post but a little inaccurate. 2-3 Kokanee deep when I was circling the field. Approx 17 Kokanee deep at the end of the night when your team was sharing our last Palm Bay!! Good times. Look forward to the BBQ at your home game and seeing the mascot that I heard so much about. Good luck the rest of the way.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
VUFC 4 - 0 Bombastic

Missing some key guys last night but we were able to get the win. Pretty bland affair after last week's tilt with WV.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4 for 5. Lomas with their first win! This week:

Falconetti's v VUFC - never in doubt! We were missing 5 very key players this past weekend and we'll get them back for this weekend.
Burnaby v Lomas - Lomas on a roll…hard hitting tie game.
Croatia v Alemania - this is a tough one to call. Should be tight. 1-0 Croats.
Originals v Norvan - Hillcrest Hillcrest Hillcrest. As Inspector Blake likes to say, it separates the technically gifted from those that are not. I don't agree. 1-1 tie.
Bombastic v Horsies - Horses for sure but this start time favours Bombastic so it could be a comeback win in the second half :)

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan v Croatia - Sorry Mick, I like Croatia in this one because 5 of your guys will be tired!
The 5 guys who showed up to practice did well but the TSN turning point occurred just before 2nd half when Norvan's 1-0 lead became a 1 goal deficit after 2 PK's were awarded to Croatia. 1st Penalty appeared to be some foolery after a very light challenge from behind saw the Croatian player tumble heavily. 2nd penalty was given against our player who tried to protect his jewels on a shot from short distance and was later told, if he had taken one for the team, there would have been no call. Hand inside the body frame, Natural position (I don't think it is natural to not protect ones junk)...questionable call. Anyways, Early 2nd half we were very close to equalizing but the guys who didn't come to practice began to fade and the comeback fizzled after Croatia potted the insurance goals...Things are getting interesting in the table for this 2n'd half of the season....

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Falconetti's 0 - 0 VUFC

All of the ball and none of the goals. We actually scored 2 but the ref never saw them cross the line but we should have had many more but it wasn't our night. We weren't going to win them all this season and Falconetti's did a good job of clogging up the middle and competing. Four clean sheets in a row and we are playing well in the back.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Horses win today over Bombastic. Watched it on ESPN 25 in Kihei, Maui.

Great watching that match then watching Jags and Bro sprint into the ocean to rescue a drowning dude from Calgary. All I have to say is WOW the guy was doing shooters and Adavan in the morning.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions for the weekend. Of note, our first game against Croatia had about 10 minutes left when when an ambulance had to be called. It's showing as incomplete on the site and we have Croatia again this weekend but still no word from the league on how they're treating the first game. I would have thought that if they wanted us to complete the last 10 mins from the first game it would have happened at the beginning of this weekend's game. We will see I guess.

VUFC v Croatia - never in doubt :)
Norvan v Burnaby - close but the win goes to Burnaby
Horsies v Lomas - Lomas playing a little better of late it looks like but Horsies too good…could be lopsided.
Bombastic v Falconetti's - this will be close. Falconetti's have decent team speed and look to counter. Tie. Several yappy yellows :)
KLM v Originals - grass v grass. KLM with the win on their home pitch.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great watching that match then watching Jags and Bro sprint into the ocean to rescue a drowning dude from Calgary. All I have to say is WOW the guy was doing shooters and Adavan in the morning.

I call bullshit.
A 'sprint' out of Jags and Bro?
Surely you jest...

:D

Cue Bette Midler's 'Hero' out to the lads for me Eagles.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Got word from the league - we are to finish the last 10 minutes of game 1 (we are leading 1-0) before game 2 tonight v Croatia. 6 point night :)

old fart

Sep 15, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
So has the league said you need to have same players that played in game one.....playing.......just for further knowledge..
Picks
VUFC with two wins
NORVAN
WEST VAN
FALCONETTI'S
ORIGINALS
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Old Fart - yes, I believe we are to dig out the original team sheets. At the first game Croatia only had 12 players on the day and the game was called early because of a serious injury to one of their guys…so one could assume they will only have 11 for the 10 minutes tonight. We had lots of bodies but have to play with 10 guys for the 10 minutes due to a red card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0