Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[VMSL Masters] Discussion/rumours/banter, November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good ones Regs:D

Don't tell me you got yourself injured Friday night?:( Been there...the past 6 weeks. Healing takes a lot longer now for some reason.

Cheers!

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must say, that is deserving. I didn't see the game, but I did hear about the behind the scene's work that made that game happen at 8:00 am. The old back-fire!

Well done Westside.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great win for Westside!!!!!!!!!!
I hear our game against West Van might be scheduled for 11 pm Sunday night in the next couple of weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

city

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I must say, that is deserving. I didn't see the game, but I did hear about the behind the scene's work that made that game happen at 8:00 am. The old back-fire!

Well done Westside.

You're totally right Freddy we met as a team and planned a game at 8am, we love to get up that early on a Sunday also :rolleyes:

Congrats to Westside

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
And we organized a flood, and no change rooms as well. Ask Westside.

This was not a game of many chances, and certainly West Van did not take advantage of some early ones before Merks showed up. The visitors scored on a scramble, maybe Planks can elaborate. Westside's lineup today could beat anyone in Masters though on any given day. Much different than last time we played them. I fear Smallsy may be out for some time though...? :(

PS, West side are good guys, and this was an honest game. But Freddy, Westside is too classy of a club for you to make the above types of baseless assertions: you are not PCOV, Sapperton, or Columbus.

Regards, Sir M.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats on the win. The side played better without JC I thought. Mosher, Smallsy, #7 and a couple of new faces were very effective in the back for Westside. Plus Rob made his usual several very good saves. 5 guys in the mid was effective as well, and it paid dividends after the the hump it scramble goal. Hopefully you can make the next game.

I think they may still be in changeroom B...:bronco:

M.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I fear Smallsy may be out for some time though...?

6-8 weeks. official dx of Acromio-Clavicular (AC) shoulder separation. can't say i'm a fan of the way the injury occurred, but i will say that brolly has been all class approaching me after the game and giving me a call.

as for the game. hard fought and much needed 3 points. strongest line-up for us this year and it showed, particualarly on the defensive end. going to be tough to watch for the next while, but hoping the boys can string a few toghether before the winter break.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
shite. I am sorry that happened. But if it gives you any comfort, honestly, you had position on him, and he was trying to get the ball, and kind of bulldogged you. I do not think for a second there was any ill intent, just slow reaction and trying really hard. Finally he fell on you and that is a lot of weight on a shoulder joint.

Get well soon.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
6-8 weeks. official dx of Acromio-Clavicular (AC) shoulder separation. can't say i'm a fan of the way the injury occurred, but i will say that brolly has been all class approaching me after the game and giving me a call.

as for the game. hard fought and much needed 3 points. strongest line-up for us this year and it showed, particualarly on the defensive end. going to be tough to watch for the next while, but hoping the boys can string a few toghether before the winter break.

...and I can see by your spelling Smallstuff that you aren't quite used to the typing with just your left....instead of just your right;)

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes.
Westside 1 West Van nil

I love it! I think the problem with Westvan is they love playing defensively, even when they are down. There main goal is to have the best goals against average in the league no matter what it takes.. It looks real good on paper

Westvan is good defensively but upfront a bunch of pilons. (Except for the wops):)

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
[QUOTE Cliff Ave who I heard wasn't that good just crushed you guys.

Hey Conductor, you're not that good.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Correct me if I am wrong, but hasn't PCOV given up twenty goals thus far this year...?

YEs your soooo right Sir M.. But 9 of those have been from Columbus

We had a big team meeting tonight at the Portuguese club on commercial and went over the game tape. We have figured the wops out and are looking forward to meeting them down the road.

Hose that will be the last time u get 5 on us. We are not Metro-ford:):)

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love it! I think the problem with Westvan is they love playing defensively, even when they are down. There main goal is to have the best goals against average in the league no matter what it takes.. It looks real good on paper

Westvan is good defensively but upfront a bunch of pilons. (Except for the wops):)

funny Fanta - I almost had a lengthy disussion with several WV players and the common response was what would you do if you had Planks in goal ..... ;);)

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
9-11 games into the season and only 10 points separates first place form last place. Very interesting season.

city

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fantubby, the more you post the more I'm starting to understand the challenges you have been dealt. I'm sure everyday is a struggle starting with what shoe goes on what foot, so I'm going to lay off. This is classic stuff Fantubby... "There main goal is to have the best goals against average in the league no matter what it takes.. It looks real good on paper" ????.. you are correct sir, well done, you have it figured out.:wa:...now go back to your shoes..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0