Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2008-2009 November results and banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RCIU 3 - 3 Westside

Though both teams are shattered about giving away points.....it was probably a fair result..........though Westside may not think so till the morning.

RCIU goes up 1-0 in the first half off a brilliant cross from Senior and ginger tours does the deed noding home the goal past a Wicks who had no chance.

The second half saw a change in tatics from the visitors and though they weren't overly effective they did produce a goal to tie things up and change the game dramatically.

A free kick from 25 yards or so.......was taken and truely went right at our keeper who made a complete meal of it and in doing so ended up in a bit of a brew ha ha with the Westside goal scorerer..............so both players were shown red cards and from there...............neither team could stop the other from scoring goals.

Westside went up 2-1 and 3-2 only to have RCIU tie things up both times and the third goal for Richmond coming in the 88th minute on a deflected shot.

Personally I didn't think Westside were great going forward tonight till both teams went down a man.............and from there it was really swiss cheese for both teams going forward with gaps everywhere.

We will take the point and move one and look forward to the mighty Sir M bunch visiting us next weekend.............we might even get them a change room after the game:D

Cheers,

John

I think you flattered Westside, John. It was one way traffic from the start and the fact that they were within 3 goals was nothing less than a miracle. It was a great finish on the 3rd RCIU goal......fantastic chip over the keeper's head.......well done to Rammer for that.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WVFC 1 - Cliff Ave 1
Yes it is true. I have to give Cliff a lot of credit. For the supposed Titantic, they played with a lot of heart and gave us a good game. We had many, many chances and Big M stood on his head. Maybe because it was WV or maybe we shot everything within his knuckle dragging wingspan.;) Having said that, if it wasn't for him, it was 3-0 within the first 20 mins. They scored early in the 2nd half on a 60 yard breakaway ( what the f**k) and then we tie it up minutes later. From then on it was pretty much all WV. By now, it is no secret that WV could not piss in the ocean. For whatever reason I am not sure. I do feel sorry for the team that the floodgates actually open up on. The chances are there but the finish is not. Oh yeah how could I forget, We missed a PK in the 88th minute. Big M came up big. MOTM in my view. Ironic isn't it. Second in lowest goals for and against. That is not good

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am really surprised with the results. RCIU seem to have a groove going at the right time. A letdown game, on turf, for sure for WS.

For the teams that didn't play, those results were all great! Inter is still in the hunt, Columbus is still firmly in 2nd, and SU has a chance to move up the standing with their game in hand.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think you flattered Westside, John. It was one way traffic from the start and the fact that they were within 3 goals was nothing less than a miracle. It was a great finish on the 3rd RCIU goal......fantastic chip over the keeper's head.......well done to Rammer for that.

CS - not sure what game you were at - maybe it was on the other field. Richmond were lucky to come away with the point. I think they had 3 chances on goal. The third was not a chip, it was a shot that deflected in a very stange manner, starting low, then up and over and bounced in - a heart breaker on the 89.5th minute.

And john. WTF is wrong with your keeper. Crouchy is on the line after your keeper bobbles it, and literally goes in the goal with the ball. Your keeper pops an embolism and starts swinging. Then he is wanting another challenge after leaving the field in front of our bench. Classy guy.

Coulda shoulda woulda, so we will just take the point and look forward to the next meeting.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS - not sure what game you were at - maybe it was on the other field. Richmond were lucky to come away with the point. I think they had 3 chances on goal. The third was not a chip, it was a shot that deflected in a very stange manner, starting low, then up and over and bounced in - a heart breaker on the 89.5th minute.

And john. WTF is wrong with your keeper. Crouchy is on the line after your keeper bobbles it, and literally goes in the goal with the ball. Your keeper pops an embolism and starts swinging. Then he is wanting another challenge after leaving the field in front of our bench. Classy guy.

Coulda shoulda woulda, so we will just take the point and look forward to the next meeting.

What website am I on? :confused:

For the record, that 'deflection' on the 3rd RCIU goal is something that is worked on in training EVERY week. Finally it paid off for the lads. Well done.

SurprisedthatFreddydidn'trecognizehewasonTTP

BTW, I only saw the last two goals of the game.......for what that is worth? :)

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

For the record, that 'deflection' on the 3rd RCIU goal is something that is worked on in training EVERY week. Finally it paid off for the lads. Well done.

:D:D Good one. Maybe we can start practicing the "just curl and take it like a bitch while pinned in the back of the net" :eek::eek:

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

BTW, I only saw the last two goals of the game.......for what that is worth? :)

CS - No, I know which site this is. I have it bookmarked right after thehun.com in my tabs. And they don't talk about soccer too much there :wa:

I didn't get your pisstake. You say john flattered us and that it was one way traffic from the start. Then you say you only saw the last 2 goals. Did you have a spy-cam set up or something:confused: Anyhooters, I am pretty sure Richmond were pretty happy to come away with a point, whereas our team wasn't. If there are a bunch of Richmond guys who felt they deserved more, then let's hear it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS - No, I know which site this is. I have it bookmarked right after thehun.com in my tabs. And they don't talk about soccer too much there :wa:

I didn't get your pisstake. You say john flattered us and that it was one way traffic from the start. Then you say you only saw the last 2 goals. Did you have a spy-cam set up or something:confused: Anyhooters, I am pretty sure Richmond were pretty happy to come away with a point, whereas our team wasn't. If there are a bunch of Richmond guys who felt they deserved more, then let's hear it.

Freddy, let me slow this down, big man.

I was coaching our women's team across the street at Richmond High and our game finished at 10:15. I drove across the street to catch the end of the game. I saw your team's near post header to go ahead 3 - 2. The ball was in the RCIU end a fair amount at that point. RCIU scored on the last kick of the game off a deflection, which RCIU work on during training every week. No spy-cam required. It was a piss-take to say RCIU carried the play the whole game because I didn't see it. According the lads, a draw was a fair result despite the incompetence of the gentleman in the middle.

Hopefully that clears things up, Freddie. :) ;)

Good luck the rest of the year

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy, I think I have to agree with you. The second half was pretty much you guys holding and us countering. Most of your chances came from the big guy who went down more times than Tracy Lords, and easier. The ref bit on everyone of his moans. All in all an entertaining night at Minoru.

Thanks goes to your Karaoke king on the side lines who's off key rendering of Dreamer fired up our left wing for the tying goal. Please bring him to our next encounter. Does he do any Beck?

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hilarious - and I though the music was only for us. Maybe we can get Tracy and Mystrymerks to do a duet next time :D

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freddy, let me slow this down, big man.

I was coaching our women's team across the street at Richmond High and our game finished at 10:15. I drove across the street to catch the end of the game. I saw your team's near post header to go ahead 3 - 2. The ball was in the RCIU end a fair amount at that point. RCIU scored on the last kick of the game off a deflection, which RCIU work on during training every week. No spy-cam required. It was a piss-take to say RCIU carried the play the whole game because I didn't see it. According the lads, a draw was a fair result despite the incompetence of the gentleman in the middle.

Hopefully that clears things up, Freddie. :) ;)

Good luck the rest of the year

this is all great and glad to se you two hugged and made up ... I want to know why you drove across the street - don't you have any concern for the environment = walk next time. As for pisstaking - PCOV hung on by the skin of their teeth all night long.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
this is all great and glad to se you two hugged and made up ... I want to know why you drove across the street - don't you have any concern for the environment = walk next time. As for pisstaking - PCOV hung on by the skin of their teeth all night long.

My car was going to be left overnight and Minoru is a much better option that a high school. :D On top of that, it was pissing down. :)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Planks, good post. But for crying in the sink, we have a spot shot after missing probably a dozen chances with two minutes to go after Mario has had an absolute display all night long, only to see him make another big stop...against Doddy this time (this is after we missed the net completely from six yards out on a set piece, and are now 0 for 4 on PKs this year over and above that). Oh yes, then on the PK as big M lays prone and out of it, the WV player hammers the rebound over the gaping net from four yards out.

Give me strength.

Cliff did what they had to do though and cudos to them. This particular referree was terrible, once again.

Sir M.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reffing seems to be a struggle at the moment.........two gentlemen I saw at the Masters and Division One games..........should NEVER be reffing in those respective divisions.....as they're unable to handle it anymore.......I'm guessing because of all the night games, Angelo, has slim pickings for these evening games. It's the only thing that would make sense. :(

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
My picks for this week are

WV by a couple over RCIU
Sapp in a close one over MFFF
PCOV needs this one to stay within reach of Columbus!
WS and Surrey will be postponed cause Hillcrest will be closed.
Big Game of the week is Cliff Ave vs Inter. Inter with a win can climb right out of the basement. Word on the street is Cliff has there christmas party this weekend and our trying to convince Inter's management to postpone the game until the new year. If I'm Inter, and all the bad luck that has happened to them this year, I look at this as an early christmas gift. Inter still needs to go and earn the 3 points, but with the Cliff boys all hungover, I would play the game. Plus CA still has Big M in net, so he himself might be able to earn them the 3 points. Inter, desparate times call for desparate measures, here's a chance to save yourselves from relegation!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0