Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2008-2009 November results and banter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
IMO, Besty may have his faults, as we all do, (for example Sir M likes to play golf with Dickens, JR, and Spada).

But, embellishing/feigning injuries is certainly not one of Besty's faults, (yes, losing his temper may be from time to time). But I have had a chance to watch him first hand for several years, and I believe can speak with some authourity on this topic: he is never guilty of faking.

So, bottom line... fcuk off, all of you, and leave Besty alone.

Sir M.

eagles

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I totally agree with Sir M. Besty is a quality guy even though he mows lawns, especially in PS.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I totally agree with Sir M. Besty is a quality guy even though he mows lawns, especially in PS.

Eagles ......... lawn mowing might soon become an Olympic sport. We have a few gold medal candidates on our squad.:D

JAGS

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 6 - PCOV 0

Wasn't there - too busy cleaning up at the Div 1 game - centre of the park and controlling the play like a young WAB. Could have scored a few, but I didn't want to.
I heard the boys at PCOV were just devistated after McNabb's top corner chip. Guys said it was our best game ever. I guess I have no starting spot now. I'll just sit on the bench with Mike Favs.

1 vs 2 Games
2-0, 10 GF 1 GA
Not bad.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus FC vs West Van FC Tie 2-2.

Cliff Avenue FC vs RCIU Athletics 2-0. Can't score, can't win

Surrey United vs PCOV "A" 2-1. That 6th spot is lost this weekend. Shut down Howes and they have no secondary scoring.

Metro-Ford Firefighters vs ICSF Inter 3-1. Can't go wrong with MFFFFFC.

Westside FC "A" vs Sapperton Rovers 2-1. My favourite team to play against. Always a battle, and it's on grass. These games are always fun.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 1, West Van 0. This game was very typical for WV this year thus far. After missing a few chances, we gave up a chance, and the opponents converted. Fairly close game though I thought, I actually thought Columbus did well in the first 15 of each half, as per possession, and we had the rest. But bottom line is, they scored one when we did not. West Van all of a sudden is scoring at about a 1/3rd the rate they have been doing so for several years, and that is putting a lot of stress on their defenders.

Columbus was without Sarge, and we were without Steve Mac, which I thought hurt us, specifically on the marking on the one goal. The officiating was good for this one I thought.

Sir M.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 2 MFFF 1
Cold and windy night at Charles Best. They came out flying with much possession in the middle of the park. I scored within 15 that really set them back. We got another to make it 2-0 at about the twenty minute mark on a nice header by Forsey and took control. Rob Z let a blunder in the last minute for a late MFFF goal. I think he yelled at himself on that one. Referee was good but called way too many "non offsides" on us!!

Much needed first win of the season which we'll try and build on next week against Columbus.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BRM 4
PCOV 1

Someone forgot to tell PCOV about shutting down Muzz who had a hatty.

1-0 at the half for PCOV, kinda the story of our year but then we seemed to turn it up a notch with 4 unanswered in the second half.

Heard Sapp and Westside battled to a 1-1 draw.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well.

There will be, based on these reports, some potentially significant movement in the rankings this week.

Interesting times...

Sir M.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Before anyone gets carried away with our great result........it should be noted that Cliff had 11 maybe 12 guys and while I think we deserved to win, a 9:00 AM start and no subs does make it tough for the best of teams.

We will take it and look to build on the result........now if STEVE 1234 can only lay off the sauce before next weeks big battle:( we need him at right half again:D

Cheers,

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow Regs. Nice result. Helps us out for sure....

I am just wondering where team starter is with his report. He has complained that Hose hasn't been on lately but I don't hear from him either...6-0 loss last weekend and now 4-1??

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's going on with PCOV's defence 10 goals against in there last 2 games? I thought that defence was gonna be their strength. Fantabulous or Team Starter what's going on with all the goals against? Where you guy's missing Junior or Carlos? WAB what happened to the Sapperton Juggernaut is WS really playing that well of late or where you guy's missing bodies? Sir M, what's up with your side, you guy's haven't beat a top team yet this year or are you guy's just floating around until Provincials? As for Cliff Ave the way they are going looks like Inter will overtake them in the standings!

T-Idiot

Sep 30, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Before anyone gets carried away with our great result........it should be noted that Cliff had 11 maybe 12 guys and while I think we deserved to win, a 9:00 AM start and no subs does make it tough for the best of teams.

We will take it and look to build on the result........now if STEVE 1234 can only lay off the sauce before next weeks big battle:( we need him at right half again:D

Cheers,

To quote Steve1234 " dress warm Next Friday ...
coach is on Sauce and we win ... what scotch you drink Steve:wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB,

What's the chances of Queen's Park being open this Friday?

Are you working on Mercer yet?

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds likes someones team is rolling and they want as many games as possible before the break.
WAB may move the game to grass.

Regs, good on ya, the Rangers may be interested.

hos

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside was fast off the mark with a strong chance in the first 5 minutes. Sapp with one opportunity late in the first half. Second half opens up, and all the trash comes out. Sapp picks up the pace of physical play and the ref stinks up the game. I have seen Urich ref some lousy games before, but this was the worst one by a distance. He was basically George Constanza out there. Whatever he called was wrong. He needs to move to Div 3 womans.

Well, a Westside Charlie Brown swing and a miss on the back line with a simple clear left their man all alone to slot their goal. Westside responded with a header/deflection to even the game. All sorts of bitching throughout the second half made for a less than happy affair. Sapp - you guys go in harder than any team we play, but as soon as anyone stands up to you, out comes the none stop F bomb and bitching. What's the deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0