Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2008-2009 December Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wickham has clinched promotion, according to the erudite and glowing ColemanJ. Who will be going down? Who else will be going up?

Discuss.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well depending on what Inter does this weekend, they could definitely be the team being relegated!

My picks for this week are

WV by a couple over RCIU
Sapp in a close one over MFFF
PCOV needs this one to stay within reach of Columbus!
WS and Surrey will be postponed cause Hillcrest will be closed.
Big Game of the week is Cliff Ave vs Inter. Inter with a win can climb right out of the basement. Word on the street is Cliff has there christmas party this weekend and our trying to convince Inter's management to postpone the game until the new year. If I'm Inter, and all the bad luck that has happened to them this year, I look at this as an early christmas gift. Inter still needs to go and earn the 3 points, but with the Cliff boys all hungover, I would play the game. Plus CA still has Big M in net, so he himself might be able to earn them the 3 points. Inter, desparate times call for desparate measures, here's a chance to save yourselves from relegation!

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cliff and Inter are set for Sunday night. Should be a good battle. Hope we finally get some help from other teams this weekend...

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB's Picks

WVan vs RCIU 2-1. A real tough one to call. What RCIU team will show? The one that can't score or the one that is oooozing with confidence?

MFFFFFC vs Sapp 1-3. 1 week off was just what the doctor ordered for banged up Sapp.

PCOV vs Columbus Tie 2-2. PCOV stops the bleeding.

WS vs Surrey Tie 1-1. Blah. Shitty parks make for shitty games.

Cliff Ave vs Inter 1-3. Hung over or not, Cliff will put up a fight and I wouldn't be surprised if they not only cover, but win outright.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - MFFFFC 1

3 questionable goals due to officiating. The MFFFFFC goal less so, but the 2 calls that lead to the Sapp goals were pretty bad. MFFFFFC was screwed and Sapp, perhaps with their worst performance of the season, walked away with the undeserved win.

20th min: Sapp PK when Zsolt was 'tripped' in the box
70th min: MFFFFC goal when Donald made a 'pass back' at the 2 yard line - converted nicely
85th min: brilliant header off the corner kick that was an obvious goal kick

MFFFFFFC missed some sitters and were quite physical. Walks should have been tossed for "violent conduct" after pushing Flintoff in a very violent manner - Walks, you are a cheater!

Sapp played without the Favs, WAB for the most part, McNabb, and the lippy German. MFFFFC without many players of their own. Price did his knee 5 mins in on the turf trying to plant and turn - you could hear the "click" clearly from 30 yards away - but he surprisingly limped off. I think he'll be out for a while.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last month I posted that the Idiots would get more points down the stretch and WAB ridiculed the suggestion.

Seems I have a better handle on other teams than the one I am supposedly leading :eek:

:D

WAB - heard through the grapevine that the league was trying to schedule us to make-up our game this Wednesday... can't see that happening as you guys play Friday night as well. Thoughts?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last month I posted that the Idiots would get more points down the stretch and WAB ridiculed the suggestion.

Seems I have a better handle on other teams than the one I am supposedly leading :eek:

:D

WAB - heard through the grapevine that the league was trying to schedule us to make-up our game this Wednesday... can't see that happening as you guys play Friday night as well. Thoughts?

Yup, RCIU is a better team that I give them credit for....but maybe WV is just really bad!

No. Reuben will not schedule games mid-week for teams that have game on the Friday.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond seem to be the spoilers. They are winning games and taking points from good teams. In isolation, I would say they are average, but when they start doing this to everyone, they are effective in their strategy.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last night was not a good team that Richmond beat. WV is currently in a FUNK. Can't score, give up breakaways, and whine, and do I mean whine ( kind of like the old or current PCOV). Our touch is terrible, and we pass the ball to the other team constantly. It like playing juvenile again. By far the worst performance of the season. 12 players, 2 breakaway goals, and one PK. Hats off to Richmond who ran their asses off and worked hard. They play with an incredible amount of heart and beat us handily. First half, WV could not get out of our half and were lucky to come out of the half at 0-0. In the second half WV took it to them for the first 25 minutes and failed to capitalize on a number of chances. Then Richmond gets a PK ( worthy or not is irrelevant) 1-0, they then get 2 breakaways from our throw ins from at least center. what the F**K. We got a make up PK for nothing really in the dying minutes. Many upset WV players. But like I said, Richmond beat us hands down. I am not sure what is going on but it is time to regroup for Westside next Friday.Yippee.

I have to apologize to the WV boys for my assessment but I needed to vent. Sorry Sir M.

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WV is currently in a FUNK. Can't score, give up breakaways, and whine, and do I mean whine ( kind of like the old or current PCOV).

I don t think PCOV was whinning to much when they took 3 pts from ya just like Richmond did... :)

PS: Every team goes thru ups and downs during the season. Columbus went thru it and rebounded nicely... the portuguese went thru it and looks like they are getting back to their normal selves. The only problem with Westvan is that they haven't rebounded and its almost the end of the season... Planks bring out the cheese and whine....

Fantabulous

May 4, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last night was not a good team that Richmond beat. WV is currently in a FUNK.

No matter what planks, the only good thing is that Westvan will always be in Sir M's top 5 team in the power rankings! And i think thats what counts!

PS: I hate to say it... and would rather not say it. Westvan will not be a team anyone would want to play in the bc's or in the play-offs.:rolleyes:

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the contrary, PCOV did actually whine when they took three points from us. They pissed and moaned the whole 90 minutes. Took 3 points, but still whined. As for bouncing back, I am sure Sir M will be looking for the football gods (Spada) for an answer and we will have a big turnout next weekend. God only knows Westside will (Besty Factor). With 6 games left, time is running out.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Patience everyone. We have been here before, and perhaps Fantabulous, whoever he is, was watching.

Sorry I was not there last night Planks, but all will be OK.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of whining planks. Took in the Columbus/PCOV game. Score flattered the Portugese. IMHO, Columbus controlled the play with the likes of the Franks, Gino and their speed up front. With some finish, the game would have been out of reach early. PCOV had a lucky first one but their second was a beauty from Patrick. No sign of Hose though....he must be on a good vacation.

What was embarassing watching it was the way PCOV complained once again about really simple things. As one "ex professional player" said....."they should just learn to play". Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0