Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2008-2009 December Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now listen. I am a bit worn out these days.

Omlette it slide this time, but next time you better pick up your socks and start to put in some better performances. :D Much like Dickens game performance recently. (Welcome home Cub #2)

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I predict that Sapp will finish in the top 3 ...

Really going out on the limb there:D
Columbus would have to win all 4 remaining games and Sapp lose 5 of their remaining 6 to give up top spot. I just don't think that'll happen. Especially since Sapp is pretty determined this Xmas break - our 3rd training of the break is tomorrow night - we have 6 in total scheduled.

There is really going to be a dog fight at the bottom and for provincial spots.

2009 Predictions

League Winner
Sapp - 7 point cushion with 2 games in hand. Everybody has played great for Sapp this year and every player has stepped up at one time or another this season.

Cup Winner
West Van - they can turn it on when it really counts. They are the only team capable of that timely moment of brilliance.

Promotion
Wickham is a Premier side, no-doubt. This year they would have been in the middle of the pack. They were screwed last year and they will have their deserved spot in the top league Come 09-10. The other team TBA will be crushed and relegated straight back down.

Relegation
Inter, MF - But this is the toughest bunch to predict. I've seen Inter and MF play quality ball, but injuries will probably do MF in. At Inter it'll be about putting the ball away. It's going to be really close with one of the spots determined by a tie-breaker with CA. I think, think CA will win that very close game - OT or PKs.

BC Births (6)
Sapp, Columbus, PCOV - IN via league standings
SU - IN via moving up in the standings
WS - IN via Masters Cup
WV - IN via Masters Cup
RCIU - OUT looking in - will probably overtake one of these clubs in the standings, but it will still not be enough to get into the top 4 of the league.
Wickham - with a favorable draw in the league cup, they might take SU's spot in the BCs

Allstar Team
With easily 15 players deserving of the all-star team after their performance so far, Sapp should be well represented. Hard to argue that, especially since Columbus and WV had 11 last year - this for another day.......;)

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB or????

How or what determine the BC Spots for Masters?

RCIU with there first of 3 trainings tonight:confused:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last year the VMSL had 6 Spots
2 - Cup Finalists
4 - League top 4 in standings
(This year I think it is the same as last)

2 years ago it was different
4 - Cup Semi-finalists
2 - League top 2 standings

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, I must say that you are not correct in regards to the VMSL Selects last year. Here is the roster:

VMSL Selects:

Goaltenders:

Rob Merkl, Westside; Rob Zambrano, ICSF Inter.

Defenders:

George Lapa, PCOV; K. Waechter, Sapperton Rovers; Robin Regnier, Surrey Utd; David Ellingwood, Surrey Utd; Frank Ciaccia, Columbus; Steve MacDonald, West Van FC; Chuck Stanford, Vancouver Firefighters.

Midfielders:

Colin Pettingale, Westside; Markus Felderer, Westside; Paul Favaro, Sapperton Rovers; Frank Lore, Columbus; Sal Cuccione, Columbus; Frank Fiddler, MetroFord/Vancouver Firefighters; Mandla Sibiya, West Van FC; Martin Best, West Van FC; David Dorazio, Cliff Ave. Utd.

Forwards:

John Catliff, Westside; Kevin Colbow, Columbus; Carlos Battista, Columbus; Danny Vaughan, West Van FC; Joe Giovanazzo, Cliff Ave. Utd.

The rules for the VMSL teams were that each team could nominate a maximum of 5 players per team. The side was selected from a list of approximately 54 very good submissions.

So, there were not 11 guys from Columbus and West Van. There were 5 from Columbus, and 4 from West Van, for a total of 9. Each team finished first on their respective sides of the Premier Division, with West Van winning the league title. Westide (3 selections) were League Cup winners, defeating Inter (1 selection) in the final. I am not sure WAB, if Sapp qualified last year for the BCs, but I do know that for a team that did not make any of the finals or semi-finals, they were last year well represented on the select team with Waechter and Favro, and if memory serves, McNabb was chosen but could not make it. I am sure this year it will be much different. Sir M may even post about this on a different thread later. Maybe it could be a fans vote in thing.

Anyway, we won that game.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB, I must say that you are not correct in regards to the VMSL Selects last year........The rules for the VMSL teams were that each team could nominate a maximum of 5 players per team. .

Well, this might have to change this year.:rolleyes:;):)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That would be for the league to decide. But the fact that a particular side is in first at the Christmas break may not be reason for the league to change established criteria for selection..

But you never know.

Sir M.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Especiaally since said "team" has done squat in this league up until this year.....ahhhhh...that felt good!!.....Now...Best of the season to you all....back to the Spiced Rum!!!!

Cheers!

badknees7

Sep 15, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Especiaally since said "team" has done squat in this league up until this year.....ahhhhh...that felt good!!.....Now...Best of the season to you all....back to the Spiced Rum!!!!

Cheers!

And the Guitar Hero,eh Hendrix? I hear you are wicked man!! Rock On,Scottyshell!!!!!!!!!! All the best to you and the family!

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
And a Captain Morgan Spiced Rum salute to you BK7....rock on! See ya on the sidelines soon as the snow is gone eh?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0