Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2008-2009 December Results and Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good work by Sapp, keep getting points with a depleated lineup. WAB was MOTM it showed when he went off, the game changed. Kudos to peoplemover as he runs his bag off the whole game, pots 2 great goals and the cherpy German won't leave him alone. Good work men

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 3 - Columbus 1
Not the best by the the man in yellow. 2 red cards for Columbus. The first questionable, the second was spot on. However, the second would not have happened if there was better control of the game. Columbus missing guys, Sapp missing 4 (both Favs, McNabb, and Sully). Would have been more entertaining with two full teams. Sapp with 3 solid goals and Columbus with theirs due to poor marking.
Not the greatest of games. Both teams didn't seem to want to be there; moreso Columbus (12 men vs 13 for Sapp). Ted Ullrich 10 min in on a forty-yarder with the keeps out. Then the red to Victor. I didn't see it because it was behind the play. Columbus lost the will to play the rest of the half and it seemed easy sailing. Sean Flintoff with 2 goals; the second had great build-up with Zsolt crossing the ball right to a flying Flintoff.
The 2nd started the same but with 30 left Columbus decided to play. They get one off a cross and then came at a scrambling Sapp team for the full 30. Columbus applied pressure with Frank C pushing through the mid from the back line and spraying it all over the park. An injured Sal and Sean (I believe)came alive with timely runs. But Sapp managed to weather the onslaught for the win. However, hats off to Columbus who played a man down most of the game but busted their ass and showed a lot of pride.

Sapp all but wraps up the top spot.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good work by Sapp, keep getting points with a depleated lineup. WAB was MOTM it showed when he went off, the game changed. Kudos to peoplemover as he runs his bag off the whole game, pots 2 great goals and the cherpy German won't leave him alone. Good work men

Ya, at 3-0 the chirpy German tells me to man-mark Frank L for the rest of the game, beacuse 'we don't need goals - just defend well', or something like that. And then in the 2nd the cG decides to leave his center back position and run up front, hence leaving the defensive middle wide open for the Columbus goal! Can't really blame you, though, we became stagnant and allowed Columbus back in it - you were just trying to motivate the troops.

Team Starter

Oct 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
PCOV 3 CA 2
Big signing for cliff as GT plays his first game of the season much to the disappointment to the Inter gang who thought he would be going to them. He played well and made a difference but it seemed like CA ran out of gas, that dreaded 2- 0 lead that CA had wasn't enough as the porks fought back and showed good charachter.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB...like how you slag a teammate and then in the next sentence stroke him....no wonder you guys are running away with it!

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There hasn't been a post here for almost a week.

So, here are the standings going into the Christmas break. How will this ultimately shake out? Thoughts, how would Wickham fit into this if they were still up this year. How would SFC fit into this if they were to transfer over?

VMSL PREMIER MASTERS

Team GP W T L GF GA Pts

Sapperton Rovers 12 10 2 0 39 10 32
Columbus FC 14 7 4 3 29 23 25
PCOV "A" 14 7 3 4 28 26 24
West Van FC 13 6 1 6 21 17 19
Westside FC "A" 14 5 3 6 32 31 18
RCIU Athletics 13 5 2 6 16 26 17
Surrey United 12 4 4 4 20 19 16
Cliff Avenue FC 14 3 3 8 17 26 12
Metro Ford FF 13 2 4 7 16 25 10
ICSF Inter 13 1 6 6 17 32 9

Sir M.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I for once am amazed at how tight the standings still are. I thought based on our last run in Premier, at that time it was 12 teams and 2 sides, we would be safe with 15 points. Not the case. Still wide open through the middle and bottom of the table. Still 5 games for us left to play, and for an average team it will be a battle every night.
I predict that Sapp will finish in the top 3 and that WAB is still looking for another numeric member name to justify his last jab at me.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can tell you one thing, trying to format tables like that is a nightmare. Having said that, Sir M is a bit of a masochist I suppose.

After all, he hangs out with Dickens.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can tell you one thing, trying to format tables like that is a nightmare. Having said that, Sir M is a bit of a masochist I suppose.

After all, he hangs out with Dickens.

Don't you have to stay past 5pm to be hanging out with Dickens????:p

JAGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0