Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2005/06 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Had to get my fill of turkey before coming on here...

Well, it was a funny game and at the end of the day, we didn't create enough chances to win. I thought we played a pretty good game and the turning point was of course John getting the boot on a play that might have been a PK for us to get us close only to be turned into playing the rest of the game a man down.

That's about 450 pounds of horse flesh lost in 2 weeks time between him and Miguel. You can't tell a ref he's an idiot (maybe unless he's Walks...) and he fcuking missed the call and not expect to hear about it. John should have known better. We played a pretty consistent game and had lots of great opportunities which we failed to convert into good shots.

Peg played a good game and deserved the points as they absorbed some good pressure and made it tough penetrating the last 22 or so but I know we can do better and plan to do so on the rematch.

Good to finally meet you Mike! On the rematch we'll do the bbq and mix it up a little after...if Hillcrest is still a soccer venue, which is a whole other can of 2010 worms.

SCK, another good showing with what sounds like another good defensive effort. You guys have a week to rest at the top.

Cheers, Peter

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was there a spotting of Senior2509 at Ambleside yesterday watching our match v. Westside??. :confused: :confused: There was a general mumble throughout the crowd that it might be the one and only who was lurking around the center stripe trying to appear neutral between both teams benches. I think what might have given it away was this individuals humming of "Tie a Yellow Ribbon" :D :D :D

JAGS :knvb:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter, what kind of turn out did you get for call up players? I heard you guys were going to be a bit short this weekend.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,
I did not start the game, but came off the bench at about the 20 minute mark at right back. I was the tall good looking Scotsman on the backline. Similar to Besty, but tall and good looking (Besty is just Scottish). :D :D

JAGS

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS:
I'll be looking for you on Sunday at Hastings. We'll be running hard down the sidelines. Hope you're fit! It should be good match. I hope we have all our guys show up.

senior2509

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just in fron up North...and as I was LURKING in this site...

JAGS said:
Was there a spotting of Senior2509 at Ambleside yesterday watching our match v. Westside??.

I doubt it JAGS ... I was freezing my ass in Yellowknife for the all weekend, Hell it was freaking COLD... I guess you are confusing with somebody else. I wish I was there though, really want to watch your game and take part on your very well advertised BBQ, but sorry couldn't be there.

JAGS said:
I did not start the game, but came off the bench at about the 20 minute mark at right back. I was the tall good looking Scotsman on the backline. Similar to Besty, but tall and good looking (Besty is just Scottish).

and JAGS do not include Besty in this beauty contest. :D

As your favorite referee said

Hail Hail

PS. BTW be careful if CS ref your game...you may loose the game

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
come on!!!!
With the blue jersey's we had on, the blue in my eyes was stunning! :p

Oh! and the black shorts slimming!!!

:D

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK... Jags is actually a little fat, but just a vowel away from being fit. Should be a good game on the weekend though.

Dickens .......... always great to get such support from a team mate. :eek: :eek: .... and how is your fitness??? Looked like you were wearing your GAP puffy vest underneath your t'shirt in the changeroom on Sunday after the game.

SCK ....... I am more than up for the challenge this weekend. :cool: :cool:

Besty, thanks to Sir M's selection of kit this year, the Glasgow Rangers blue has even helped some of our Italians look as good as the Scotsmen in the lineup.

Senior2509 ....... my apologies. Not for thinking you were at our game on the weekend ......... Actually, just for having to be in Yellowknife. :eek: :eek:

JAGS

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually that was your Gap Puffy vest and it was full of pints. I am on the full liquid diet. May have to call Operation Red Nose to get me to hastings bowl to watch the game on the weekend.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS/DC:
Italians and Scots playing together...Interesting concept. I know we have a few "token" Brits, but they usually comply with our post game panini rule. Now, do you serve sausage or smokies?? BTW, I had mentioned to Sir M that we usually wear our white kits at home but we do have our traditional blue/black=(Inter) kit. Who is CS as a referee?
SCK

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am guessing CS referee is Captain Shamrock. We had him a few weeks ago. he did a great job in the middle, although I never remember him doing that much running when he was playing. It was nice to have a guy reffing that has played as well, unlike walks :)

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
senior2509 said:
Just in fron up North...and as I was LURKING in this site...

... I guess you are confusing with somebody else. you may loose the game
JAGS

I must say your investigative techniques in identifying the elusive Senior are quite sound...

He seems to speak quite often (and usually favourably) about referees and occasionally makes a spelling/syntax (see loose the game above) or grammatical error that would indicate a person with English as a second language. As well we have noticed the occasional flash of temper which may indicate a Latin American lineage...

Alas, though, we appear to be incorrect in our conclusion that Senior was our hero Rene...

Any hints Senior? This is often believe it or not a talking point over a pint or sausage in the change room...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
dickens_cider said:
I am guessing CS referee is Captain Shamrock. We had him a few weeks ago. he did a great job in the middle, although I never remember him doing that much running when he was playing. It was nice to have a guy reffing that has played as well, unlike walks :)

It's certainly true about the running. :D Those ****ing football matches were tough on the body. Officiating is just tough on the brain and ears listening to the likes of Dickensider and Jags whine at you all game. ;) Mental abuse is better than physical abuse on the football field in my opinion. :D

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK:

Pitch should be in great shape except for the divots dug up by all the svelte 250 pounders from PoCo Celtic last weekend...:rolleyes:

Please make sure those hillbillies from the North Shore don't light any bonfires while they're barbecuing....:D

Trece

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece: Thanks for that. It's a great field provided the city has cut it recently. Otherwise, you have to put a lot of weight into your passes. It is a nice, big field for plenty of runs provided you can still make them. How about predictions for this weekend, Peter et al?
Mine are the following:

Sapperton/Cracovia: Because it's at Sapp Park, I give the edge to the home side. The field is real ugly and they know how to play on it. They can beat anybody on any given day. Cracovia will want to avenge their drubbing against Columbus. Still Sapp 2-1

Lobbans./PCOV: Another good battle to be played on the turf. Look to PCOV handling Lobbans due to the pitch provided they have some healthy bodies back. PCOV 3-1

F.F./Westside: My MOTW. The Westsiders will want to win this one to stay near the top of the standings. Firemen will battle though since they haven't lost yet. Westside 3-2.
SCK

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece: you can also include yourself in the 250 pound category....back to soccer...

we have 20 players on the roster with only 12 healthy bodies available for Friday and hopefully 3 more maybe ready to play...it's going to be close one...

Sapperton/Cracovia...home field advantage is the edge for Sapperton at the Boston Garden...

FF/WFC...edge to WFC since they have a good streak against FF

Inter/West Van...this game will be a draw...

Columbus/SFU...columbus should no problem with this game...

sck...you forgot the columbus/SFU match

cheers
scp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0