Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2005/06 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Cside.

C'mon...fire up the old NSCL thread on this site, there is always some classic stuff which should be shared by everyone, its always one of the best threads around...:bronco:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 2 v. West Van 1. Firemen with two in the 1st and WV with one in the second. Most of the Firemen guys look like Junior Hockey players from Saskatchewan at 6'5" 225lbs. They played their game and it took us a while to get into our game. On to Westside next week with us needing to lift it a notch.

JAGS

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 2 S.F.U. Royals 0. Another stellar defensive effort on our part. We dominated most of the play and it could have been much worse. Never count us out Peter!

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keep ......... thought you might be out for some pictures of our match. Maybe you will be out with your Canon XF8675309 at our tilt next weekend at Ambleside v. Peter and the rest of the Westside crew. I am still awaiting Peter's result v. Sapp this afternoon.

......... and I have news for you; 2 - 1 victory for Firemen is not "A GOOD ONE!".

JAGS

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1-1 PCOV

We haven't beat these guys in the last 4 games...we started strong but couldn't put away early opportunities. We lost a few more bodies of the central defender variety but with 20 guys out still had lots of subs.

We had a couple of glorious, unmarked on the 6 and over the top late chances but at the end of the day it was another tie with the Portuguese.

Jags, was I supposed to be doing something with the Sapperton guys today? I was busy trying to get SCP to appreciate the fine nectar that is Glenmorangie.

I would never count you guys out SCK, I got you guys wrong and went 2 for 5 on the picks but nailed the one that counted. If Firemen get awarded the 3 points it gets nice and tight at the top...the race is on!

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter: you have coverted me to a scotch drinker after that shot of Glenmorangie...great stuff man!!! back to the game, you should have put us away inthe first 20 minutes but after that Merkl also made some great saves on 3 breakways we had...in the end it was well deserve tie for both teams as we are also battling the injuring bug with 4 regular starter's out of the line up. We will also try to catch up to you front runners and the make the race more interesting...

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey everyone,
Only played one game this year myself,but I've got to say something on our 2-1 win over PCOV...stop with all the wonderment...PC caused the abandonment which SCP already admitted to although I don't think he was there but must've heard what happen. So the ref screws up on a play earlier in the game(hand ball,which you got the spotter on)..live with it. PCOV was warned 3 times by so called ref to cut the chirping at him...then that was that...tweet...game over. SO...give us our 3 pts and carry on...not the first time those guys(refs)have screwed up.

Cheers.

my two cents worth

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyschell: PCOV will not dispute the 3 points which were awarded to your team tonight...I was at the game and I am not defending my guys but he did blow a few calls but enough said...let's move on...

scp

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scotty, welcome back! It's a little more lively in here with the West Van boys adding their cultured and sophisticated comments to the mix and some Inter guy—at least while he's winning. I think we're outposting the FV old farts this year. Having 10 teams changes the dynamic in a good way and it looks like there might be some competitive teams in 1st division as well.

Games for this weekend (all games Sunday at 10 unless noted):

PCOV v Inter—QPR, Fri/7.00pm

Lobbans v SFU—Larry Walker

Cracovia v Columbus—David Lam

West Van v Westside—Ambleside, Sun/2.00pm

Firefighters v Sapperton—Riverway # 4

My picks: Inter, SFU, Columbus, Westside, FF.

Anyone else hurting for bodies on the long weekend? Have we played Thanksgiving weekend in the past? Good luck to all!

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter: we did play last year during thanksgiving...

My Picks: Lobbans, Columbus, WFC, FF...last year we tied Inter both times in the regular season and we beat them in the league cup...it should be a good game and the boy's after gearing up for Boone County afterwards....yee haa!!!!

deenav69

Feb 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
There certainly is some competitive teams in Div.1. Metro Ford's definitely determined to get back up, still not sure how they managed to get relegated though. It would seem the teams to beat are Richmond, and Wickham, we haven't had the pleasure yet, and MF. They certainly got the better of us in the season kick-off, 3-0 win. All 3 teams are without a loss, somebody's got to change that.
Long w/end and players are in short supply, we look to be hurt in that dept. as I'm sure some of u are as well.
Got a well earned 3 pts against PAOK. Great pleasure comes from beating a team of whiners. Complaining that our defender kicked the ball too hard when he made a clearance, or after our coach, went on to the field to help their keeper, to get the $%^& off, once their keeper was back on his feet.
Sad for a team with some really skilfull plyrs

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess with your default win over Richmond this weekend, they were a team to beat. Hopefully next time, you'll get a chance to do it on the field.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions: SFU, Columbus, WV/ Westside -draw, and F.F. We're excited about playing in the stadium. Heard it's in nice shape. Hey Peter we are winning, but most importantly we haven't played all that well. We are missing key guys in our line-up and are hoping to get them back soon. In time for you guys we hope.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters suck...

Peter said:
I think we're outposting the FV old farts this year.

I just needed to get this in to keep pace.
Unlike you lot when you play a Valley team... :p

Rumour is Metro Ford look good this year and could be back up in no time.

Sir M:
Did Paula pop in for a vist while in Sin City? :D
Also, I hate to be the thrifty Scot but My God, are the green fees not absolutely crazy down there?
I'm playing TPC Canyon, Dragon Ridge and Bali Hai in a fortnight.
Let us know how they're playing if you visited any of them. :cool:

RF

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: VMSL Masters suck...

Rangerforever said:
I just needed to get this in to keep pace.
Unlike you lot when you play a Valley team... :p

Rumour is Metro Ford look good this year and could be back up in no time.

Sir M:
Did Paula pop in for a vist while in Sin City? :D
Also, I hate to be the thrifty Scot but My God, are the green fees not absolutely crazy down there?
I'm playing TPC Canyon, Dragon Ridge and Bali Hai in a fortnight.
Let us know how they're playing if you visited any of them. :cool:

RF
NO Paula did not drop in to Vegas unfortunately. But I do have a cute little Spada story:

Last Sunday WV Peg has this big game against VFF 10 o clock kickoff ...now as usual J. Easton Jr strolls up to the park at 1002 in runners carrying a cup of tea. Sir M can live with that. But then the usual trusty Besty, who was going to start in central defence due to multiple WV injuries, falls asleep on his couch and arrives around half past the hour. OK, not exactly planned for, but as long as we have the other 6 regular and a decent bench starters we should be OK...

Jua arrives to pick up the Coach of the Year at 9, lots of time before the game. Spada promptly advises that he has to go over to Nico's and have his ankle taped. 910 hrs they drag Nico out of bed, and Jua has to cuddle and burp little newborn Domenic while COTY gets a 20 minute tape job. 935 hrs, they hop in Jua's truck and head for Riverway. At 950, they are at 49 and Boundary, and it should be OK for a last minute appearance at this important game against the just a few years ago BC/Western Canada champs...should be OK with 6 starters...right?

Nope. Davey has to stop for chew (I am serious).

Arrival time is 1015, fit to go by 1030 and VFF are up 2-0 by then and then do a good job of defending and WV can only get one back...

Anyway I played Badlands in Vegas and Angel Park, Badlands was better...play twilite (after 1) Badlands was 60 and A.P. 45...with carts. $11.99 for 18 Budweisers at 7-11 for travellers...:bronco:

Dirty Daddy 3

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper

I think you were a bit miss-lead. Westside have defaulted the game due to lack of players, giving the "Old Idiots" 3 well earned points.

Dirty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0