Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

VMSL Masters 2005/06 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCP:
Since Columbus had such a easy time last week, I'll give them the benefit for this week. No problem...
SCK

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions:

Sapperton
Columbus I think SFUs leading scorer by a lot from last year is suspended.
Maybe PCOV despite the lack of #s
WFC, although if their star striker is suspended it could be a tie...

Inter/WVFC Peg depends who comes out...

Hopefully we get the games in...:cool:

Signed Mr. Decision.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lobbans v PCOV
PCOV—unless SCP is actually telling the truth about his lack of players. What's with Lobbans playing a home game on the turf on Friday night? And is "Bby. Lake West #2" the same as "BLSCW # 2"?

Sapperton v Cracovia
Sapperton—for all the reasons already stated, do they have that little guy who scores all their goals this year?

Inter v West Van
Inter—because I'm still smarting over the beating we took on the weekend and I think Inter might be on a roll (would that be a panini?)

Columbus v SFU
Columbus—10 goals!? I don't care who you're playing, that's a lot of bending over...

FF v WFC
WFC—I truly believe we can beat anyone in this league on a given day so I guess I'll be taking us again. But we'll have to do some serious bullshitting after training to get everyone on track. I hear Dave Rosenlund is at the helm of FF this year so you know if he has his way they'll be up for it.

Good luck to everyone and remember, the ref's are trying their hardest out there so give them a break.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter said:
Lobbans v PCOV
PCOV—unless SCP is actually telling the truth about his lack of players. What's with Lobbans playing a home game on the turf on Friday night? And is "Bby. Lake West #2" the same as "BLSCW # 2"?

Sapperton v Cracovia
Sapperton—for all the reasons already stated, do they have that little guy who scores all their goals this year?

Inter v West Van
Inter—because I'm still smarting over the beating we took on the weekend and I think Inter might be on a roll (would that be a panini?)

Columbus v SFU
Columbus—10 goals!? I don't care who you're playing, that's a lot of bending over...

FF v WFC
WFC—I truly believe we can beat anyone in this league on a given day so I guess I'll be taking us again. But we'll have to do some serious bullshitting after training to get everyone on track. I hear Dave Rosenlund is at the helm of FF this year so you know if he has his way they'll be up for it.

Good luck to everyone and remember, the ref's are trying their hardest out there so give them a break.

Especially the Columbus/SFU boys this weekend. ;)

TAL

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter:

1. SCP is telling the truth. They only had 5 guys out to practice last night, and he had smoke coming out his ears.
  2. Lobbans' field not available?
  3. Burnaby Lake West = BLSCW...
  4. Mig got 4 games? Guess you find out tomorrow night how many JC gets...
  5. Tucsok (Steve) is also gone for 4....
  6. Flintoff? Still playing for Sap
SCP:

Not 250 yet; only 215 at worst, and I did put my own divots back. Judging from the way you ran last night, you'll be at 250 sooner than I will. Go easier on the midnight lamb feasts. :p

trece

SCP

Aug 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
look's like they maybe a few rainouts this weekend...

trece verde:

i think you made a typo error on your weight, it should read 251 not 215 and the lamb feast with the super bock was great after practice along with the Texas Hold'em game...

cheers

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounds like fields are closed on Saturday, but are user discretion on Sunday. Hope we get our games in. Sir M we will have our darks so your whites are fine.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK said:
Sounds like fields are closed on Saturday, but are user discretion on Sunday. Hope we get our games in. Sir M we will have our darks so your whites are fine.
Thanks, although the whites are not very slimming....:eek:

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey no problem Sir M. It'll just be that much harder to grab the jerseys. Just think, you'll look like the italian national team...slim and sleek.
SCK

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M.. Due to your above Conclusion of the white Jerseys. I think I will watch this game wearing something dark and slimming. PS.. I think I just saw your twin running from awning to awning on Granville trying to avoid getting wet.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
dickens_cider said:
Sir M.. Due to your above Conclusion of the white Jerseys. I think I will watch this game wearing something dark and slimming. PS.. I think I just saw your twin running from awning to awning on Granville trying to avoid getting wet.
Dickensider van Dyke, I heard you actually set foot on the pitch at Ambleside last weekend for the 1st time this year.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M .......... with the weight gain of DickVandykeinsider since his mysterious NicoBerg injury, he might be confused with Danny Bonaduce of the Partridge Family. Chubby short red headed kids all look the same. :knvb: :knvb: :knvb:

JAGS

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van Peg 3 ISCF Inter 2

Inter are a very good side and a bunch of good lads :).

:( To the over 40s Firemen vs Seymour: I think you guys that showed up way after we were in the change rooms at Hastings to play on the south field, and after their 80 minute game camped out and forbid us to have a shower or even sit in the change room while they sat around smoking cigarettes with their bellies hanging out should be ashamed of yourselves. Thanks alot.:(

Pints outside in the pouring rain were still good though...

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although the weather didn't cooperate, we had a good game at Hastings. The game was well played and it could have gone either way. We missed a peno that really may have been the turning point in the first half. West Van countered early in the second with two good ones. We had numerous chances in the second and the goal that was disallowed at the end was unfortunate, but may have been the right call. West Van are a good side and are fully deserving of the three points. We'll have to battle hard to get first place back.

Sir M: to those slugs next door our apologies. I don't think we've shared changerooms ever. They should have cooperated a little.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK said:
Although the weather didn't cooperate, we had a good game at Hastings. The game was well played and it could have gone either way. We missed a peno that really may have been the turning point in the first half. West Van countered early in the second with two good ones. We had numerous chances in the second and the goal that was disallowed at the end was unfortunate, but may have been the right call. West Van are a good side and are fully deserving of the three points. We'll have to battle hard to get first place back.

Sir M: to those slugs next door our apologies. I don't think we've shared changerooms ever. They should have cooperated a little.
SCK

Cheers. It was not your fault about the over 40s. It was amazing how many guys knew eachother today; for example, my brother met up with an old Cap College team mate (probably circa 1984 I would guess...) that played for you guys and I don't think they have seen eachother in a good 20 years. A good spirited game; in the rematch at Ambleside we will need all of our horses to compete and I think some nice BBQ'd saugaes and buns may be in order after the match (although we may have to enlist your assistance with your the sausage expertise).

Ciao...

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 0-0 Firemen

We withstood some early pressure, missed a pk and a bunch of sitters, Merks came up big a couple of times and it was a game where it just didn't seem like anyone would ever score...and nobody did.

2 more yellows!!!

Are any other teams getting more colour than in years past? We're way over our quota already with lots of games left.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SCK:
Actually, I thought there would be some cards in our game because there were, at times, some yapping on both teams. No such luck! I think the only yellow was given to their keeper for taking down our player in the box. However, it all depends who you get since some referees are quick to put the hand up..usually yellow.

Planks

Oct 9, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was very fortunate on a couple of calls today. The PK for sure would have been a yellow with any other ref (Rene), and the call at the very end was lucky for me. Having said that, somebody did bump me but if they hadn't I probably would have missed it anyways ( thus the name "Planks"). I thought the ref had a pretty good game

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CATLIFF, John WFC Westside Masters 2005-10-09 3 Games $30

Catso with the yappy red last week and then more chirping from the sideline after the fact ............... One with his experience should know that keeping at the ref does no good.

JAGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0