Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, September, 2009/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
DPR 2 Vancouver Stars 1

A competitive game on what will certainly be one of the worst fields this winter (Jericho East). Someone forgot to plant seeds along the entire eastern side of the field and each time the ball went OB we had to sift through thick blackberry bushes in what will be a deep marsh come November. DPR came out hard and won most balls over the small, youthful and skilled Stars side.
DPR went up 1 nil about 30 minutes in and 2-0 midway through the first half only to hold on for a 2-1 victory after a nice finish by the Stars to make it closer than it should've been.
The Stars are going to have a hard time with bigger teams as they are an average height of 5"7', but quite skilled and resilient.

Anyone know what Division the Stars were in last season?

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah I assume they're pretty much the same as last year. Small, decently skilled and FAST. They have one centre midfielder who is exceptional, and some decent secondary help. They excel on turf, and find it a bit tougher to compete on grass. I think they were middle of pack 2C last year.

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see them being better on turf.. that grass today was long and thick (where there was grass). Man, did the beers taste sweet after...
Teelay, looks like we are sharing that pitch this year. We spent an hour spray painting lines on the field and should've made it smaller so we didn't run as much (if you have a lining machine, bring it next weekend, if not it is at least 4 cans of spray paint!--man, to be a club team)...

TS

Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unicorns 2- GN-K 0
We came out flat and Unicorns took it to us, dominating the first 15-20 mins. Our lack of marking resulted in their first goal about 15 mins in. Once we made a sub we settled down, marked better and generated some decent scoring chances. Second half was fairly even with both teams having chances to score, they got one about 20 mins in on a nice through run. Unicorns were full marks for the W. They work hard as a team, close the ball down rather quickly for an older group, and beat us to almost every 50-50 ball. We'll have to be tougher and quicker to beat them next time around, but I think we have it in us. On to next week and hopefully a 'W.'

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too young - thanks for the advice. I'll make sure I bring the lining machine for sure.

Played the North Shore Reds today in North Van. Decent skill - especially in their midfield. We won 3-1 ... up 2-0 early and let them back in it with a silly mistake that led to their goal. They pressed for the equalizer, but we were able to score a 3rd which essentially resulted in the end of their pressure.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jeezus H. Christ! :eek:

There should be thoughts of folding right now..

14-0!? Seriously!? I hope the keeper played the second half up front and still potted a hatty.

LomaDome

Sep 14, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meraloma 5 Ladner Rangers 1

Surprisingly easy game considering Ladner came down from Div 1 this year. We went up 1-0 early but they soon tied after a quick counter that lead to a massive defensive breakdown on our part. After that it was pretty straight forward, we had no trouble stringing passes together and going up 2-1. We got our third goal on a big defensive mistake on their part at the end of the first half and just pounded them with shots for the rest of the game. Could've easily been a larger margin but it was hard to stay focused in a somewhat sloppy game. Ladner has some quick guys, but they don't really adhere to any constant tactic or formation. They can be dangerous on the through balls through the middle but if nothing changes they'll be fighting not to be relegated come season's end. I'm assuming any Div 1 caliber player they might have had last year abandoned ship a long time ago since these guys were hustling hard but weren't able to come up with anything.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good start for FC Zawisza.

2 ‘A’
IFC Zawisza
UBC Metropolitan ‘A’
Point Grey Turf
0-14

UBC Metropolitan team this season is a mid level div 1 squad .
They will win all there games in div 2 and be in play offs for the one spot in div 1 for next season.
Adam has done a excellent job .

LomaDome

Sep 14, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody care to give a recap on the Zawisza/UBC 14-0 thrashing?

Yes, game started, goal! Five minutes later, goal! Goal, goal, goal, goal. Then it got a little tense, goal! Goal, goal, goal. Second half got going and goal, goal, goal, goal.

(After writing goal so many times, it now seems like a strange word).

Socceroos

May 19, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, game started, goal! Five minutes later, goal! Goal, goal, goal, goal. Then it got a little tense, goal! Goal, goal, goal. Second half got going and goal, goal, goal, goal.

(After writing goal so many times, it now seems like a strange word).

You only just joined the community and you are boring already. Go away. Bring back the Croatian nutcase.

Aug 31, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Socceroos, who's the Croatian Nutcase you're referring to? Mr. Base?....BTW nice to see your team continues to keep it consistent in league play with another blowout loss.

Do you have a game recap for us?

LomaDome

Sep 14, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
You only just joined the community and you are boring already. Go away. Bring back the Croatian nutcase.

Sorry man, did it bring back some bad memories from your first game? Boring and repetitive? Shiiit.. my bad. I hope things turn around for you guys so you don't need to rely on this community for your fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0