Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, October, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody know what the field conditions are like at South Memorial NW? They can't be good and I don't want to waste my day waiting for this game to be called at the field.

"Muddy with occasional sightings of Jr. Boneyfish..."

Stuck around after our wallow against Roma to watch this one, but the only thing happening on the pitch was the aforementioned Jr. Boneyfish out puddlejumping at centre and splashing each other.

South Memorial will definitely NOT be playable by next week...

Trece

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
trece verde said:
"Muddy with occasional sightings of Jr. Boneyfish..."
It was funny talking to the referee, who would have agreed to play had the C-Lects and I said we wanted to start. He walked the field a couple of times taking in the sights of the mud bog that was S.Memorial and then brings the coaches together for a few words that included: Its bad in the middle but if you clear the 4 inches of water out that goal we can start the game and see... I looked over to 3 and 5 yr old whose gumboots were slowly sinking out of sight at center circle and said nah!! It was Thanksgiving Sunday and my day was wasted by having to come out to a field that I knew was going to be unplayable and I did not feel like rooting in the mud like a pig while splashing through puddles of goose contaminated water.

Devils Advocate

Sep 1, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That sounds more like the Mexican kid who briefly played for the Green Devils (his name was Napoleon, no less). I don't recall the Latin fellows on C-Men doing any diving, and I think they still play on that team (5th Back?). They are fairly physical players, and the thing that gets them in trouble is that they are extremely hot-headed and tend to implode in bunches when things don't go their way.

Napolean had a tendency to fall over fairly easily alright. Typcal mexicans.Was funny watching him play with the two Irish fellas that were playing with us at the time. Talk about chalk and cheese!!

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is that a a big brain or just a BIG FAT HEED!!:wa:

Well, you know what they say about people with big heads, Vincent!

Bonefish, what's wrong with rooting around like a pig? We make squealing noises at Watcher every practice and he doesn't seem to mind. By the way, you gonna have enough guys to give Yaletown a run for the money on Monday or what? Sort it out, man.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, you know what they say about people with big heads, Vincent!

Big Heads = big ego = small member:confused:
Big Heads = lots of dead air space
Big Heads = top end heavy
and with your great stature
Big Head = bobble head

Anyway, good luck to Dap and the rest of the choochoos.

Now I'll go back to the old fart threads.
BTW Dap: When are you going to get over the midlife crissis and come and play with the rest of us old guys?

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap,

We should have a motley crew on hand to make the Latte Boyz set their cups down and take notice. Hoping for some good weather to make it a fine affair.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dap,

We should have a motley crew on hand to make the Latte Boyz set their cups down and take notice. Hoping for some good weather to make it a fine affair.
Just so long as we don't have to set our little dogs down, as well...:(

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where did you find princess? I've been looking for her for days!!! :wa:

Seriously, I don't think we've actually had a dog on our sideline since a now-departed player's dog pissed all over our coach's kit bag a couple of years back. Good times.

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where did you find princess? I've been looking for her for days!!! :wa:

Seriously, I don't think we've actually had a dog on our sideline since a now-departed player's dog pissed all over our coach's kit bag a couple of years back. Good times.

They are not on the sidelines because you guys have matching Gucci lapdog carriers for them. Gotta keep them warm and safe ya know:D

This Bud's 4 You

Mar 10, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
HAHAHA GN, a former Fraser Valley Premier team, that can't get out of Div 2 VMSL.

AHAHAHAHAH BIG DIPPER, a well known idiot in the soccer community, cant get his head out of his ass to realize that GN just moved to VMSL Div 2 this year and the seasons only 5 games in so how are we suppose to get out? We are goin the right direction though, sitting in first place.

DEFINETLY, one of the stupidest posts ive ever read. you really are a big dipper:D

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was fou' fo' fou' last week, let's see if I can get the full pull again this week. Here's hoping the JB's can get a result against Oggy, BallLicker and the lapdog carriers.

Aryana - Rangers FC
Bosna - Hrvat
PCOV - Cliff Ave Cobra
UBC Metro - C-Lects
JB's - Yaletown - tie

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A bit late with this weeks game previews but work has been kicking my ass lately...
2A
  • Aryana FC vs Rangers FC 'A' - Rangers were stymied at home the previous week and will be facing a team that are struggling to find their form but have some skilled players that will give the Rangers problems. Rangers 2-1
  • Bosna SC vs NK Hrvat - Bosna did give up 8 goals to top of the table Yaletown but have 3 wins in 4 outings. NK seemed to have picked up their socks but will have to play a complete game to get the points. NK by 2
  • PCOV "A" vs Cliff Ave. Cobra - The Cobras are 0-4 and this week will not be the week for them to get their first points, PCOV is much better. PCOV by a few.
  • UBC Metropolitan vs C-Lects As in past years their is usually a thermocline that forms between top of the table and bottom of the table teams. Both these teams are in the middle but I think that UBC will take this game by a 1 goal margin.
  • Norvan JB's vs Yaletown FC - MOTW -These two teams spilt last years series 1 game a piece. Both games were interesting for the fact that the team that seemingly played the best, was the team that lost. The JB's have been in rebuild mode but at 5 games in, should be able to play some organized soccer. Their key will be to finish their chances and contain Yaletown's scoring threats. Yaletown are on a roll abeit they have been feasting on some bottom half teams. Nevertheless they are a determined bunch that play competent football and have excellent goal keeping. Both teams are at home on turf so the game should be good and fast.

2B
  • West Van Royals vs Cleo's FC - WV appear to have solved their consistency issues from previous years and Cleo's are in a free fall. WV should take all 3 points.
  • Bombastic SC "A" vs Point Grey Rangers - MOTW - After last weeks frustrating loss PGR will be raring to go. Bombastic's unblemished record will be in jeopardy should they not come ready to play. This game has all the makings of a draw.
  • Douglas Park vs "B" United - B'United posted a great result last week but they will be in tough against the "high diving" Douglas Park. DPR by 2
  • Squamish FC vs Signmaster SC - Signmaster would have appeared to have a lot of ring rust in last weeks loss to WV. This week they will be out of the frying pan and into the fire with a tough road game in Squamish. This game will likely end in a low scoring draw.
  • Shaheen FC "A" vs Kosova SC - Kosova are the only team to have not scored a goal in the entirety of the VMSL. They had a close result last week and perhaps the moral victory in that result against a top of the table team will enough to get them over the hump. Shaheen by 2.

2C
  • PCOV Europa vs Hellas Athletic FC - Hellas have a chance to take a share of 4th place should they prevail against PCOV Europa. Hellas by 1
  • East Van Socceroos vs Westside Knights - The Knights are having a good season thus far and have not had problems with the Soceroos in the past. Couple that with the re-emergence of the TTP denzien "Socceroos" whose blustery posts usually precede a loss, chances are the 3 points are riding into the sunset with the knights.
  • C-men Lions vs Green Devils FC - MOTW - This match features the 2 and 3rd place teams in the group but I think their is a bigger gap between these two sides. GD's by 2.
  • Unicorns FC vs KLM Alemania These teams should play very close. Alemania by 1
  • GN Sporting Club Meralomas SC - Meralomas need something, anything to help their less than triumphant return to Div 2. GN won big last week and will be tough to unseat from their perch atop Group C. GN by 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0