Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, October, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually, the guy that got the red scored our first goal and is a really good player, just lacks discipline. He should really learn to ignore the talkers, and let his play do the talking.
He wasn't by any chance one of the three South American mids on your team who got themselves thrown out in a match with us at David Lam a couple of years back? Most skilled, but discipline? Not so much.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Oggy our keeper would be the first to admit that 2 of the goals he let in were his fault but shite happens and that is the first time I've seen him do that. By far the best keeper in our group just had an off night. Also the 3 goals you scored on any other night might have been zero as like you said the 2 he'd like back and the other was deflected and looped over him on a free kick. Having said that our second went thru your keeper and I'm sure he'd like that back. However to say you guys took the foot off the gas is non sense. We picked up the game and if it wasn't for your keeper we should have walked out of there with at least a draw which we deserved. What's next if you didn't get hurt you'd have scored a few more? That save in the last min on a shot which was labelled for the bottom corner was the difference last night between 1 point and 0 points but congrats on the win.

Anyways at least Cheshire Cheese took away some of the sting.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
However to say you guys took the foot off the gas is non sense. We picked up the game and if it wasn't for your keeper we should have walked out of there with at least a draw which we deserved. What's next if you didn't get hurt you'd have scored a few more? That save in the last min on a shot which was labelled for the bottom corner was the difference last night between 1 point and 0 points but congrats on the win.

Anyways at least Cheshire Cheese took away some of the sting.
We lost our shape completely after the third goal, since we seemed to think the game was over. Forwards stopped tracking back, defenders stopped pushing forward, and we completely surrendered the midfield. We picked it up again at the beginning of the second half, but by then you guys had found your rhythm and were pressing hard. The three quick goals definitely changed the dynamic, and it's impossible to say how the game would've gone without them. I would agree that you deserved a draw based on your performance in the last hour, and your keeper definitely found his "A" game after the initial troubles. Good luck with your next games, and we'll just have to see how the return leg goes.

As for the Cheese, their tequila is not all that tasty, but it certainly makes one forget a hooped ankle pretty quickly :D

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
He wasn't by any chance one of the three South American mids on your team who got themselves thrown out in a match with us at David Lam a couple of years back? Most skilled, but discipline? Not so much.

Actually, this guy's Mexican. 100% agreed with your assessment, though. I don't know if he thinks that his talent should allow him to go off when he feels like it, or what.

kastro23

Sep 14, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the Parks Board on strike I imagine the games will go on unless cancelled at the pitch by the ref due to weather or grass conditions. Look for our game (Hrvat) to be moved to a different pitch though.

Meanwhile, here's some predictions by myself using but a mere portion of my huge, oversized brain.

Rangers FC - Metropolitan - tie
Yaletown - PCOV
C-Lects - JB's
Hrvat - Aryana
Cliff Avenue Cobra - Bosna

Dap your still going..what been going on

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy, I think those Mexican guys you speak about play for DPR now. We "experienced" their antics yesterday. Snipers were seen on top of the million dollar houses around Trimble yesterday and they seemed to only aim at these Mexicans. One of them (17) is actually not a bad player - can dribble his way out of a phone booth, but the kid's diving is nothing short of shocking.

Too young, if we are the worst you've seen this year, then the 75% possession we had must pale in comparison to the other teams 80+% possession you've been seeing. You guys have two nicely skilled players (the aforementioned #17 and #9). Other than that, your "skillset" was right on par with Division 2 VMSL. Like I stated earlier, your ability to play as a cohesive unit yesterday won you the game (as well as some ridiculous blunders on our part). I'm not sure what game I'm looking forward to more after Christmas - DPR or Squamish.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy, I think those Mexican guys you speak about play for DPR now. We "experienced" their antics yesterday. Snipers were seen on top of the million dollar houses around Trimble yesterday and they seemed to only aim at these Mexicans. One of them (17) is actually not a bad player - can dribble his way out of a phone booth, but the kid's diving is nothing short of shocking.
That sounds more like the Mexican kid who briefly played for the Green Devils (his name was Napoleon, no less). I don't recall the Latin fellows on C-Men doing any diving, and I think they still play on that team (5th Back?). They are fairly physical players, and the thing that gets them in trouble is that they are extremely hot-headed and tend to implode in bunches when things don't go their way.

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bandcamp and Teelay,

I am only remarking on what I saw on the field yesterday... you guys were putting yourselves in the running for '2nd place' in the division, and I think that you should be more concerned about avoiding relegation. I think Shaheen and Cleos were better sides and you were on par, if not slightly worse, than Kosova. I agree, you likely had an 'off day' as we know from playing Belmont in the past that you typically play a better team game than your play indicated yesterday. As for possession, 75-25 is a stretch and the 2nd half was close to 50-50 with DPR having as many scoring chances (post and being cleared off the line with your goalie out of position). PGR had more possession, no doubt, but you rarely had any good chances within 20 yards. I dont know how you can call our second goal weak, as it was off a corner and went in hard off our left winger's head.

We will certainly 'bring it' in the rematch and not to take anything away from our guys who played yesterday, but we are a stronger side with our missing 7 players.
As for the Mexicans, they were not on any other team in the past. The player that went down towards the end of the game, claiming his face was grabbed, is not Mexican, and it wasnt a good play at all on his part to stay down for that long (or go down at all).

This was undoubtedly a bitter loss for PGR, especially knowing DPR wanted to reschedule the game because we were close to not fielding a squad at all and that you boldly predicted your own victory on TTP! We have now beat Belmont/PGR at least 3 times in a row and I don't see any reason as to why that trend should change. Good luck with Bombastic and Shaheen in the next few weeks... should see PGR near the bottom of the pool.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Too Young...no goalie. Ask fat and slow about the third goal and then tell me how great you are. Thanks to Matt for stepping in and playing in net but really, you don't score yesterday if our boy is there. The ONLY reason you got chances in the second half is because we played two at the back as we were down 3-0. Doesn't change the fact that we couldn't take all of our possession and turn it into goals though. Regardless, frustrating is right but bring on your 'missing starters' and we'll see you next time.

Yomama!

Sep 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 6 - 1 Aryana

Aryana scores on a penalty kick five minutes in (nice shot, I think it skinned the post and crossbar on the way in...no chance for FCBytca....and the best goalie in Div. 2 wouldn't have saved it either ;))

NK puts three past their keeper in the first half.
Second half sees NK padding their stats, while Aryana maybe gets one shot on net from 30 yards out...good luck.

I was expecting more from Aryana's front line, but they were easily contained. NK had a field day with their porous defense and should a, could a reached double digits. Heck, I almost scored, and I'm not due for a goal for at least two more years. This should help us climb in the Bonefish rankings.

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 2 C-men Lions 2 (guy who whined a lot and got himself the toe ) -1

Went down early 1-0 on a good break from them. Came back to tie minutes later only to see the lead fall from a nice shot from one of their players. Their player who would eventually get the toe was so easily riled up ( it was almost comical ) decides to get into it with our coach and shoves him on our sidelines. He then promptly receives the correct punishment and we are up a man. We equalize on a well distributed play and are promptly taking it to them with about twenty to go. We squander a few chances that should have put the nail in the coffin as the C-men played well in the last 20 to thwart our pressure. Game ends 2-2 with the Knights a little upset to not get the full 3 points. Should be noted that this is the first game we've played with more than 11 as 2 subs found their way to our sideline and our stalwart goalie Mike was having some dirty bird and gravy. Should also be noted though our replacement was more than up for the task and smothered some tough rebounds. Looking forward to next week when a few more bodies should start to change the course of our season ... cheers , the Rattler

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
too young,

One more thing - what's up with your retarded goalie catching balls then running OUT of his way to bump our guys as he's got the ball in his hands? It got to the point that I was actually laughing at that one. And thank your forward for refusing to shake our hands. Great sportsmanship and we all remember that type of snub in rematches.

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Teelay,
I think you are WAY off on the goalie thing. Your number 11 is a huge bonehead that ran our goalie a couple of times, or maybe he has no control of his own body.. either way, players don't bump the goalie, and that happened several times whereby it was natural for our goalie to want to protect himself. Remember whatever you want in a rematch, it will be the same old result.. A win for DPR and a loss for PGR/Belmont

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy, did you have a look at the UBC Metro - Rangers FC score? I think I remember someone here picking a tie, don't you?

As for Aryana, they had some skill offensively but were absolute gash at defending.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oggy, did you have a look at the UBC Metro - Rangers FC score? I think I remember someone here picking a tie, don't you?

As for Aryana, they had some skill offensively but were absolute gash at defending.
Ha ha. Well chosen, that's why you've got the big brain. I didn't think they'd be up for it, and certainly not that sort of scoreline. If anything 2-2 or so seemed more likely to me. UBC has a somewhat shaky defense, but it seems like it's just a matter of time before they start finding the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0