Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, October, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was wondering when Bosna would cause some trouble for the top teams. Their defense is quite solid, and their sweeper is one of the best in the division. He was one of the main reasons Sandzak were able to keep up with the opposition at all last year. Bosna can definitely hold onto a lead, especially at Kensington. I watched them beat UBC 2-1 even though the ball only went into UBC's half twice all game.

Manchester09

Oct 28, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Bosna vs. Rangers game,

Bosna should have taken that game hands down, Even with the refs offside calls about every second minute bosna dominated the game for the first 70 minutes. The ref did make some very stupid calls on behalf of both teams but no doubt Bosna should have taken that one at least 2-1 maybe even 3-1.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 2 - 3 PCOV A
A good even game by the final whistle. PCOV controlled early but after 10mins of balls bouncing off the slick turf and into PCOV's favor, Norvan settles down and begins playing better balls down the park. First goal was for the Norvan who were able to collect a ball deep in the offensive zone. The ball was crossed and finished on a one hop volley that took another bounce and into the net. Norvan started getting some decent pressure and were unlucky not to see 2-0 after a ball was crossed in the middle with a slight deflection off a PCOV defender. The cross makes it to the far post but the resulting kick on net finds the inside of the post and stay out. Half time is approaching and PCOV have a ball down low that is played across and bounces off a forward to a PCOV defender who has crept up the field and picked up too late. His shot from 14yds is nice and low and is off our keepers outstretched hands and into the net. Second half starts with Norvan struggling to find their form and it costs them as they give up a penalty that is nicely converted. That wakes us up and we started moving the legs again and get some great opportunites on set plays but fail to convert. Disaster strikes(for us) when a shot from distance dips and hits the heels of our keepers hands and goes five hole. Norvan keeps working as PCOV start to sit back and the get put in the pressure cooker. Our second goal comes of a free kick from 40 that is headed at the 18 and then deflected at the 8 and into the net. We start pushing and have some chances to knot the game but come up short. It was a good game and mostly clean. PCOV, based on the games we have played to date are definitely top 3-4. Back to the drawing board as we look for some plans to get a 90min complete game.

Thanks to Termatofylakas for the brews after the game(our home park to boot).

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No worries there bonefish...thought I'd add to the backfat;)

Wasn't your second off a corner kick that got flicked on?

As for the first 10 mins of the second half it was my brilliant coaching. Number 5 knows what I'm talking about hahaha. Was that Mickster? Your keeper could have received a red for taking out striker down but it looks like the ref made the right choice considering we got the winner a few mins after that...unlucky to him but we'll take the 2 breaks we got, your post being the other (still can't believe he missed that). Now put us in the top 10 of the rankings!

Good battle next game should be just as intense.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The backfat has been retreating for the past couple of months. I am a trim 200 and a monster under the bench press!! (If only 3plates didn't translate into more goals)
Can't remember if the 2nd was a free kick or a corner of which we were getting lots of near the end. Our keeper did make contact but lucky for us your forward did not have control of the ball or it surely would have been red.

Looking forward to next time and I am sure Mickster is too who got his first game of the year under his rather generous belt :D

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
No control? He was on a break and pushed it past your keeper who was outside the 18 and your keeps hacked him down. I'm holding you to a limit of 1 beer next time.:eek:

Onto UBC next week.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
His second touch of the ball was played well in front of him, easy to do given the conditions, and that gave our keeper a chance to get there. Yes our keep had the ball go over/nder his legs but his slide was controlled and it did not seem that he raised his legs to catch your player. You probably had the better vantage point as it was on your side. Nonetheless, you get the 3 points and we get a ride on the bitter boat until Sunday where we get a chance at Bosna.

termatofylakas

Sep 16, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh well at the end of the day I can say you guys will improve. This division is alot closer then it seems. I see you guys knocking off Bosna next week if you bring the effort you brought most of the night tonight. Good luck.

Therapist

Sep 11, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mickster playing footie again? I thought that was a bad rumour?

Last time I saw or heard from him was while he drove by me (early Sept) "See you at training in 10 minutes"......haven't heard from since.

I guess he didn't want to succumb to O30's.

mickster

Aug 15, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't know if you could call what I was doing out there "playing footie" but it sure is nice to be back!! I was out there but my first game in what seems like years was nothing to write home about. Result didn't go our way but good group of guys on PCOV and thanks for the bevvies!! Saving my goonish best for NK so I can run Dap and Watcher. I'd like to include Yomama in my "hit list" but as neither of us ever cross centre it could be a challenge!!

Therapist, was planning on making the jump this year but couldn't make any of your practices. Was often there for the post practice bevvies but thought I should get at least some sort of run in before I played any games. JB's are practicing later than you guys so I get my run in with them first before I hit the juice. Haven't seen you guys out at the U6 games in a while. Everything ok??

legendkiller

Oct 17, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Knights are hoping the apple supplies do not deplete too soon and that the Rattler and his FBI sidekick get a good nights rest prior to a possible MOTW with the Greenies. QUOTE]

Are you kidding me!! The Rattler and I are going to show up in our splended glory!! And as long as the Rye Supply does not deplete too soon that is!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0