Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 2 [VMSL Division 2] Predictions, Results & Banter, October, 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
With the Parks Board on strike I imagine the games will go on unless cancelled at the pitch by the ref due to weather or grass conditions. Look for our game (Hrvat) to be moved to a different pitch though.

Meanwhile, here's some predictions by myself using but a mere portion of my huge, oversized brain.

Rangers FC - Metropolitan - tie
Yaletown - PCOV
C-Lects - JB's
Hrvat - Aryana
Cliff Avenue Cobra - Bosna

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers FC - Metropolitan - tie
Yaletown - PCOV
C-Lects - JB's
Hrvat - Aryana
Cliff Avenue Cobra - Bosna
I don't know if I'd pick UBC to get a tie in Ladner; I'd have to favor the Rangers on their home pitch. CAC-Bosna might be a scoreless draw. Both sides have decent defense, and I can't see where the goals are going to come from, especially if CAC's cheap and dirty number seven is still hooped.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2B

PG Rangers - Douglas Park Rangers - that's a lot of rangers...
Cleos - Shaheen
B United - Squamish
Kosova - Bombastic
Signmaster - West Van - out on a limb and saying a tie

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if I'd pick UBC to get a tie in Ladner; I'd have to favor the Rangers on their home pitch. CAC-Bosna might be a scoreless draw. Both sides have decent defense, and I can't see where the goals are going to come from, especially if CAC's cheap and dirty number seven is still hooped.

Hey, hey, hey. Who's the super-genius here?! Did other scientists say to Einsten "Well, I'm not sure I'd call it E=MC2, Albert, that seems a little far-fetched"? Did anyone question Picasso's talents? How about Hawking? And most of all, did anyone ever question King Kong, the dude with the biggest brain of all time? I think not, Oggy!

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, hey, hey. Who's the super-genius here?! Did other scientists say to Einsten "Well, I'm not sure I'd call it E=MC2, Albert, that seems a little far-fetched"? Did anyone question Picasso's talents? How about Hawking? And most of all, did anyone ever question King Kong, the dude with the biggest brain of all time? I think not, Oggy!
I think the only way to settle this is to get Bonefish's picks, since he indisputibly has the largest brain in this forum, as evidenced by the Combined Ranking.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Allright then, we'll leave it to Bonehead. But really, does he have the biggest brain or just the job with the most spare time?

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Allright then, we'll leave it to Bonehead. But really, does he have the biggest brain or just the job with the most spare time?
I think selecting a job that affords you enough spare time to compile the Combined Ranking is a very clear indicator of a ginormous cerebrum.

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
2A
  • Rangers FC 'A' vs UBC Metropolitan - Rangers will be hard pressed to **** up a win in this match given their home field advantage(Proximity to the Landing and its fine food and spirits).
  • Cliff Ave. Cobra vs Bosna SC - These two teams are both have consistency issues but I am leaning towards Bosna taking the 3points with a 1-0W
  • Yaletown FC vs PCOV "A" - MOTW - The high flying top of the BCR(BonefishCombinedRankings) will be put to the test with some more appropriate competition. I am going to go with the odds and predict Yaletown winning by 1.
  • C-Lects vs Norvan JB's - Norvan should be well motivated to play hard after a heartbreaking home loss to the Rangers the previous Monday. The question is, Can they put the ball in the net? If they had finished the chances that they have had this season, they would be in a lot better of a position.
  • NK Hrvat vs Aryana FC -NK Hrvat are doing enough to win but could be doing more. Another close game is in store. 2-1 NK.

• Point Grey Rangers vs Douglas Park - MOTW - In the words of Highlander, "there can be only one". Nick vs Nick in this matchup. Will PG still be hung over from their sojourn to, and letdown in Squamish? If they field some numbers they will compete well. PG by 1
  • Cleo's FC vs Shaheen FC "A" - Shaheen should be full value in this match up against a struggling Cleo's. Shaheen by 2
  • "B" United vs Squamish FC - B.U. will more than likely stand for Beat Up as Squamish appear to be a strong Div2 side.
  • Kosova SC vs Bombastic SC "A" - Bombastic should be able to puff out some more against a Kosova team that is adrift with out a sail or rudder.
  • Signmaster SC vs West Van Royals -Signmaster have a very good chance at another postponment that should be close to a record for inactivity this early in the season. If they play I still expect a emphatic win by Signmaster.

• Green Devils FC vs GN Sporting Club - MOTW - GD's will be facing a team looking to get back on track. GD's are a great Div 2 team and I expect them to prevail in a fast paced game.
  • Westside Knights vs C-men Lions - The Knights can jump into the top 10 in the combined rankings with a win but will be in tough against the wounded but still vital Lions. C-Men by 1.
  • Meralomas SC vs Unicorns FC - The Unicorns need some luck but will be hard pressed to find some in this game. 'Lomas should take all 3 points.
  • KLM Alemania vs PCOV Europa - Alemania is a cut above PCOV-E at this point and if they don't overlook the competition, should easily win.
  • Hellas Athletic FC vs East Van Socceroos - Hella's are a black box at this point with some varied results. It seems that there are few teams underachievieng at this stage of the season. A convincing victory will move Hella's off of that list.

Teelay

Dec 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DPR 3 - PG 1

DPR did well to score on counter attacks on some brutal defending by PG (2 goals). 3rd goal was mistake by our backup - backup keeper. PG had more possession but that means jack sh1t in the final scoreline. DPR played well as a unit, PG not - difference in the game. Hopefully we'll be able to finally sort out new faces in the next 2 weeks (11 new signees this year) and get some cohesion on the field.

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
C-men Lions 2 Westside Knights 2

We started strong in this game with good passing, making the Knights chase. After taking the lead we gave up a goal off of a freekick-scramble in the box. The momentum shifted as we seemed to panic a bit and turn the ball over way to much. Regardless, we took the lead again on a half-volley from our forward that was just a screamer :cool:. Unfortunately, he got a yellow for lifting his shirt up during the celebration :eek:. The second half was pretty even in possession. The Knights notched 1 more for the tie (it looked offside to me, but no call). One of our mids got a red for shoving a guy who, amongst other things, called him a girl. So we finished the last 20 minutes or so with 10 players. We have yet to play a solid 90 minutes - need some consistency.

Sep 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
DPR PGR:
not the PGR team that we expected. Perhaps the weakest side we have faced thus far, especially taking into consideration they had 14 and we had 11 and we were short 7 starters for the game. PGR had more possession, but really lacked any quality scoring chances other than the one goal they scored off the knee of their striker. DPR made the most of our limited chances, and it was nice to see out back up keeper score twice, and be denied a hatrick with a late one off the post. PGR still plays the same style as they did when Belmont. Mostly a bunch of pluggers with heart but limited skill... On to B United who posted a great result today..

bonefish

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody know what the field conditions are like at South Memorial NW? They can't be good and I don't want to waste my day waiting for this game to be called at the field.

Oggy

Oct 31, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
YFC 3-2 PCOV

Interesting match in the monsoon. Yaletown went up 3-0 within 20 minutes off strikes from outside the box, two of which the PCOV keeper would definitely want to have back. After that, we really took our foot off and it almost cost us the match. Full credit to PCOV for not giving up and pushing us to the end. They scored their second with about fifteen to go, and some heroics by our keeper in the dying minutes saved the three points. It was definitely a wakeup call after the last three games, where the other sides never really looked like threatening. We've got a fairly tough run over the next four games, starting with Boney & Co. next Monday, and we'll have to make sure that we keep up the intensity even if we go up by a few goals early.
I hope the games go on tomorrow so the standings don't get overly skewed this early in the season... :(

BallKicker

Nov 21, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
One of our mids got a red for shoving a guy who, amongst other things, called him a girl.

Wow.... that's almost what I start with when I'm trying to get an opposing player worked up. Certainly worth a red card just to defend his manhood. :mad:

In all seriousness, you can pick out the hotheads after they've had about 2 touches. Personally, I'll try to ride those guys all game, and I can often goad them into picking up fouls and cards just trying to show me that they are tough. The ones that really scare me are the ones that score on us.....

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.... that's almost what I start with when I'm trying to get an opposing player worked up. Certainly worth a red card just to defend his manhood. :mad:

In all seriousness, you can pick out the hotheads after they've had about 2 touches. Personally, I'll try to ride those guys all game, and I can often goad them into picking up fouls and cards just trying to show me that they are tough. The ones that really scare me are the ones that score on us.....

Actually, the guy that got the red scored our first goal and is a really good player, just lacks discipline. He should really learn to ignore the talkers, and let his play do the talking.

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DPR PGR:
not the PGR team that we expected. Perhaps the weakest side we have faced thus far, especially taking into consideration they had 14 and we had 11 and we were short 7 starters for the game. PGR had more possession, but really lacked any quality scoring chances other than the one goal they scored off the knee of their striker. DPR made the most of our limited chances, and it was nice to see out back up keeper score twice, and be denied a hatrick with a late one off the post. PGR still plays the same style as they did when Belmont. Mostly a bunch of pluggers with heart but limited skill... On to B United who posted a great result today..

I'm sorry but it was ONE WAY traffic yesterday as PGR had the ball all day and DPR scored 3 terrible goals that never go in with our keeper playing. Agreed that our finish isn't there but to say we're the worst you've seen? That's quite a statement about yourselves as the worst you've seen just took it to you all day...granted, the result went your way so what can I say...but were you really playing? It was about 75/25 possession. We'll sort out the goals. You've got 2 players and the rest were, well, run around all day. Take your points, bring your 'missing 7 starters' (give me a break) and we'll see you next time.

Bitter? After that mess...just a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0